Mosin M38's at Classic Firearms

I tried to order one but they said they didn't have a copy of my C&R online. I mailed them one December 27, 2011. GRRR. Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to fax them one. I bet these will be gone. Classic pisses me off.

Same thing happened to me. they did return my nasty gram saying a new order system did not forward all the C&R"s . Faxed another and got my Mosin sniper in a couple weeks. 

Same thing happened to me. they did return my nasty gram saying a new order system did not forward all the C&R"s . Faxed another and got my Mosin sniper in a couple weeks. 

I am assuming that's what happened to mine. Last year I also ordered some ammo from them, it didn't get sent so I called to see what was up. I talked to the grumpy lady who told me that the order never existed, although I had the order number in my email. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy from them, but they are the only M38 rifles in stock. Maybe I should wait until SOG, J&G, or AIM get them in. I have purchased from them before with no problems whatsoever. Not trying to bash Classic, but my dealings with them have never been good.

your link leads back to this post

Sorry 'bout that - fixed.

Not trying to bash Classic, but my dealings with them have never been good.

I had a couple of problems with them, too, but none since they updated their website to the 20th century (I know, 21st now...) My last order was all good.

• Like 1

I talked to the grumpy lady who told me that the order never existed, although I had the order number in my email. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy from them, but they are the only M38 rifles in stock. Maybe I should wait until SOG, J&G, or AIM get them in. I have purchased from them before with no problems whatsoever. Not trying to bash Classic, but my dealings with them have never been good.

Same here, nothing but problems with them. They've sold me stuff they said was in stock only to find out weeks later they were waiting for a shipment. I asked the same grumpy lady how they advertise graded firearms that they haven't received yet. All she said was blah blah blah high volume blah blah blah constantly rotating stock blah blah blah impossible to keep up to date blah blah blah.

Same here, nothing but problems with them. They've sold me stuff they said was in stock only to find out weeks later they were waiting for a shipment. I asked the same grumpy lady how they advertise graded firearms that they haven't received yet. All she said was blah blah blah high volume blah blah blah constantly rotating stock blah blah blah impossible to keep up to date blah blah blah.

I asked them how they graded before, no real answer. I am not a fan of their customer service for sure.

I did get to order one of the M38s just now though. I am not sure who all else is going to get them? A friend of mine called SOG and the nice lady told him that they didn't know if they were going to get any Molot M38s. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Classic. Fingers crossed.

FWIW I believe Classic Arms has changed hands recently and they have been getting a lot more favorable reviews in the past few months on the different surplus gun forums.

I think you're right. We will see how they turn out. I'll try to get some pics up when mine comes in!

I had to resubmit my c&r to order one. Their website no longer recognized it or most other information in my account. I emailed a fresh copy last night and was able to order an M38 by midafternoon. I don't know why they lost all my info since last year, but my account was made ready to buy inside a day. All is well that ends well. Now to watch for the courier!

FWIW I believe Classic Arms has changed hands recently and they have been getting a lot more favorable reviews in the past few months on the different surplus gun forums.

As a C&R guy, I hope so. I like having multiple places to shop. I haven't been able to complete a single order with them in past, but SOG has been fast and easy every time. I guess I'll have to resubmit my license and give them another try.

I like how AIM makes it easy to submit one :-/

Thanks for heads up. Maybe I can nab one.

Also, how will I know when they've finally added it to my account?

They said they would email you, but they never emailed me. It took them about 24 hours to get mine in the system. Good luck!

• Like 1

Yeah, not the nicest folks ever.... but somehow I'm guessing as long as it took to get through... they must be dealing with A LOT of people, so I can understand.

*Also I've been able to add one to my account and buy it. I even saved a dollar by pimping them out on Twitter... lol.

Apparently mine got put in the system quick, I only faxed it two hours ago. Thanks Austin.

First use of my license, woohoo  :woohoo:

Edited by Spank

Yeah, not the nicest folks ever.... but somehow I'm guessing as long as it took to get through... they must be dealing with A LOT of people, so I can understand.

*Also I've been able to add one to my account and buy it. I even saved a dollar by pimping them out on Twitter... lol.

Apparently mine got put in the system quick, I only faxed it two hours ago. Thanks Austin.

First use of my license, woohoo  :woohoo:

No problem! Enjoy it! I want to see some pics when it arrives!