My new M&P .40

rugerla1

Thanks to an ammo tip from a TGO'er this morning. I went into Academy in Smyrna before work. Although the ammo was gone by the time I arrived, I had to go see if the gun case was empty. They'd gotten a shipment in, so I browsed. BAM! S&W M&P! I've been paying attention to the hype about these and several of my friends have them and love them. I have a .45 and a 9mm, and was actually hoping it was a 9mm since I already have ammo, but it felt so sweet in my hands. I left empty handed and went to work......and thought about it.....and talked about it.....and 2 hours later asked my GRACIOUS boss if I could take lunch early. He asked why, and upon hearing the answer, said "Go get it, but I want to see it before I leave!" HA HA Yep, I have a good boss! I prayed that it wouldn't be gone in that short time and double checked before I paid my 10 bucks for B.G. check. The guy cracked up laughing and said that he knew I'd be back. Must have been the drool pool I left on the counter.

Already broke it down, cleaned it out, and drooled some more. Now to find ammo, a holster, and get it dirty again! I'm sure a lot of you have these, but I am super excited. I've only had two everyday carry pieces, a Ruger P89 and my carry piece now, Ruger P90. So it's a little different to say the least.

• Like 3

Wow, 15. That is alot of .40 to throw around! Have fun with it!

That's what I thought. I also didn't know that magazines work with .357 Sig and all you have to do is throw in a barrel chambered in that caliber and you're ready to rock. Haven't checked on how much that barrel is but I will have one!

As am I of you for having two of them! Haha

M&P's are great for me! I will say that I replaced the sear and the striker block with a USB, from Apex (did it myself with the videos). The 9 was "well used" and with the new sear dropped the trigger pull to 3.5 pounds! I carry these things and don't need any less than that. Now Apex has come-out with a sear that moves the trigger action way forward. I like that but would have to get rid of what I have already :(  Good luck and have fun with it!

M&P's are great for me! I will say that I replaced the sear and the striker block with a USB, from Apex (did it myself with the videos). The 9 was "well used" and with the new sear dropped the trigger pull to 3.5 pounds! I carry these things and don't need any less than that. Now Apex has come-out with a sear that moves the trigger action way forward. I like that but would have to get rid of what I have already :(  Good luck and have fun with it!

Thanks for all of that info and thank you, I plan on really enjoying it!

You can also get a $60 factory 9mm barrel and factory 17rd 9mm mag too.
I have the 40cal and cheap nebo light on it for bedside and 9mm parts for cheap range time.

Wow, didn't know that either. No wonder they are so sought after. I picked up a Blackhawk Serpa holster and some Hydroshoks and some target ammo this morning. Ready to try it out!

i just got a Serpa for mine in 9mm and am loving it! I was a Glock guy until I held one of these. I still like a Glock but it's just something about the M&P's that "feel" right. Congrats on the purchase. I hope to pick up a 9mm shield as well as a full size .45 soon.

Me, too. It didn't take long for me to get over glock. The M&P is wonderful.

• Like 1

Me, too. It didn't take long for me to get over glock. The M&P is wonderful.

I'm wearing it now and I LOVE it. As far as Glock guys loving the M&P's, that was one thing that let me know it was a gun I wanted to look at getting. Because most people I know are so partial to Glocks they never get caught up in much else. So it takes a lot for most of them to brag on how much they love another pistol. I already know that this will not be my last M&P!!
  • Like 1

i just got a Serpa for mine in 9mm and am loving it! I was a Glock guy until I held one of these. I still like a Glock but it's just something about the M&P's that "feel" right. Congrats on the purchase. I hope to pick up a 9mm shield as well as a full size .45 soon.

I know exactly what you mean. The first time I picked one up, it was like it was made custom for my grip. I tried all 3 backstraps but like the medium best, which was already on it when I bought it.
  • 1 month later...
Guest Phizzle99GST

great pistol

I got one in 2008 and put 1500 rounds through mine before its first cleaning without a hiccup! and now ive shot roughly 2200 rounds through it without any issues at all!

comfortable, accurate, durable(for my uses), reliable

Guest Phizzle99GST

Okay, thanks, I'll look into it.

I got an M&P9 last fall(2012) and the trigger pull didn't seem near as smooth as my 2008 M&P40 was. So I ordered this: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/180015/apex-tactical-ultimate-striker-block-usb-kit-s-and-w-m-and-p-pistols-stainless-steel

it made a noticeable difference in how smooth the pull was, there is another kit to lighten the pull and make a louder reset click but I didn't really need either of those. User preference.

Edit: they may even have an all in one kit

Edited by Phizzle99GST