WTF moment: Kid disarms a gunman and gets suspended!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/02/high-school-student-disarms-gunman-gets-suspended/

A Florida high school student wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen on the bus ride home this week and was slapped with a suspension in return.

The 16-year-old Cypress Lake High student in Fort Myers, Fla. told WFTX-TV there was “no doubt” he saved a life after grappling for the loaded .22 caliber revolver being aimed point-blank at another student on Tuesday.

“I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there,” said the suspended student, not identified by WFTX because of safety concerns. “Not taking no pity.”

Need to bring the fury in on this one here's their contact info:

http://cyh.leeschools.net/pages/admin.htm

Tracy Perkins - Principal, email: TracyAP@leeschools.net

6750 Panther Lane | Fort Myers, FL 33919. OFFICE: 239-481-2233 | FAX: 239-481-1083

Extra info curtesy xjsnake: Direct # to board members (239) 337-8303 or (239) 337-8304

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1
Ahh just upset they don't have another dead child to further the agenda ... as a lot of the comments said, they don't want heroes or people to take a stand.

This kid deserves a medal, but sadly, the suspension is most likely all he'll get.
  • Like 2

Zero tolerance academic/educator morons.

The big problem with schools is the principal or the superintendent -- the executive branch -- also takes over judicial functions, such as the suspensions. It is a recipe for tyranny in any government.

They need school courts - with people on the court who have not been lame-brain educators. Let the principal propose a suspension, let a school court carry it out or not carry it out.

Guest PapaB

The school administrators involved in this decision don't deserve to be crossing guards. Fire them and ban them from ever having authority over children. The steaming pile my dog drops in the yard has more sense than these brain dead fools ever will.

conact info seems shut down.  I feel sure this kids situation will work out   Point has been taken.

It's still up, you have to scroll through that little window in the middle and they're really small text links. It's a terribly bad site

I sent a message this morning to most of the people in office at state level and above asking them to at least give him some type of recognition even if they can't reverse the stupidity of the school administrators.

Edited by Sam1

Suspended!

This kid should be getting a new dirt bike and a kiss from the head cheerleader or something. Why ain't he got a medal pinned to his shirt?

If he wasn't a minor, I'd buy the guy a case a of beer myself.

Minor or not, I think he still deserves the beer. :D

Minor or not, I think he still deserves the beer. :D

I agree!  Why the hell the LEO's didn't take him the nearest bar and buy him one, is beyond me!!!  They should also give him a application to fill out and hire as a new LEO when he gets out of school!  This kids sounds like he has it going on!!!

Meanwhile, the student accused of pointing the weapon has been charged only with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon “without intent” to kill.

Authorities confirmed to WFTX the weapon was indeed loaded, and the arrest report stated the suspect, identified by WVZN-TV as Quadryle Davis, was “pointing the gun directly” at the other student and “threatening to shoot him

what was his intent, to ask him to the prom? i hope when my sons have kids they home school them.

Guest Wildogre

Why do we not set up an escrow account for this kid?

We could contribute a few bucks each and by the time he was 21 it could pay for his permit and perhaps even the firearm of his choice. He has already proven himself of sound mind and body. 

Or his first night out drinking and his cab ride home. 

Guest PapaB

Do these educators not have children. They sure don't act or teach like it.

The problem is, their parents didn't have any kids that lived.

This is what you get when trying to re-animate dead brain cells.

• Moderators

I wrote an email to all of the "administrators" at the school. Here are there email addresses:

TracyAP@leeschools.net

TaraDM@leeschools.net

adamjk@leeschools.net

JohnathanPD@leeschools.net

ShellyLT@Leeschools.net

Those are from their contact page, as seen here:

ShellyLT@Leeschools.net

I encourage everyone to write a brief email. If the facts are reported accurately, these administrators need to be called out on hiding behind "Zero Tolerance" and lacking even the smallest measurable amount of common sense.