Hope this is a good sign!!

I'd say if it spends more than a day on the shelf things may be getting back to normal. However I wouldn't count on it. As soon as word gets out it will be long gone. Things wont be getting back to normal until everybody is comfortable leaving ammo on the shelf for the next guy and I dont see that happening any time soon. Honestly how long do think it will be before you can reasonably expect to walk into a Wal-Mart and buy ammo on an as needed basis.

• Like 1
Its the media to blame and panic to blame. Remember in TN about 4 years ago when a rumor got around that the state was going to run out of gas? Its caused people to go top off thier cars and put extra in gas cans. That caused gas stations to run out and it was hard to get gas for a week.

The same thing is sorta happening with guns and ammo. But its lasting longer cause the media keeps talking and people are still in a panic.
  • Like 1
Guest PapaB

Its the media to blame and panic to blame. Remember in TN about 4 years ago when a rumor got around that the state was going to run out of gas? Its caused people to go top off thier cars and put extra in gas cans. That caused gas stations to run out and it was hard to get gas for a week.

The same thing is sorta happening with guns and ammo. But its lasting longer cause the media keeps talking and people are still in a panic.

I don't blame the media this time, I blame the politicians. All the anti gun legislation around the country is helping fuel this. If the media didn't report this garbage we'd be complaining about the lack of coverage. As long as the politicians are running around like chicken little, the public will continue the panic buying.

very tempting, but I'm hoping to one day stumble upon one of the cans of XM855.  Wishful thinking, probably.  

it's odd how the price per round on the 500 round Tula spam can is more than that of the 20 round boxes.

The problem I am running into here is the good ole boy system, they can scan the day before the bar codes and know what is coming in,  They then call their families and friends and they are there waiting to purchase the ammo.  Guess that is the beauty of working at wal mart.  Never thought there was a beauty in it but i guess that would be it right now.

• Like 1

should start seeing some .most ammo went up today at the wholesale level .from most of my suplliers with pmc taking the largest 30% tula went up 50.00 per 1000

Is that as a result of the manufacturer raising prices?
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Just wondering if all the other WalMarts have a 3 box (total not per caliber) limit per customer? Here in Collierville they have it posted. Someone graffitied on one sign, "when will you have ammo so we can only buy 3 boxes?"