She will have a positive influence in 2014. Have at it!

Guest 6.8 AR

Guest PapaB

Here's a different point of view.

Both parties have voters that pay no attention to politics and won't do their homework regarding the candidates or the issues. They still excercise their right by going to the polls to cast an uninformed vote.

Sarah Palin has a following that will vote for the politicians she supports because they trust her and they're too lazy to do their own homework. I say she provides a service to the country that benefits the conservative cause. I really don't care why she does it as long as it helps get good candidates elected to office.

Stop falling into the liberal media trap of arguing about the superficial things (like why she left office, what's her motive, etc.) that are just a distraction. I say thank you Sarah and Todd. Keep up the fight and stick to the conservative principles that helped found our country.

Guest 6.8 AR

has Sarah Palin finished anything she has started?

Yes. Actually she has finished everything else she started. Only the governorship, and that was media contrived,

depending on which media one chooses to believe. I believe she did it for the reason she said when she announced

her giving up the position. It is consistent with good judgement concerning the people of Alaska and it's constitution.

What would you do if faced with entire force of the media and Democratic operatives working to smear you when

you are a potential candidate for the highest office in the country? She didn't have that machine on her side, like

the current poser in the White House did. And knowing the people of Alaska had to pick up the tab? It wasn't their

fault and she wasn't going to burden them with it. I'd say that takes something that is lost on most politicians:

Character and conviction. Hell, we need more of that in DC, not letting the media ridicule it. That just tells me what

I already knew about the media. Yet, others take what they say as fact.

Sarah Palin has ZERO chance of winning anything. The media has branded her a joke and sold it to the American people. That's what they do.

If you ever want to win political offices, my humble advice is to distance yourself from her as much as possible. Love her in private, but stay away in public. The demos would LOVE for her to be a candidate.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Read up on the sources, and I tend to think it was at least half accurate if not more so. Which is still YIKES!

- OS

Tell me how you can check on a source that is subjective at best, and is a narrative of events by one or two

people. Then tell me how you can make a movie with sources like that and embellish everything in it to suit

an agenda and that somehow makes those sources credible. One of the sources was a very disgruntled

former campaign aide who was going to do, and probably paid by the Rove types, whatever he could to

undermine her end of any campaigning. I do remember her trying to campaign in Michigan and was told not

to by McCain political campaign officials. She was the energy behind that entire campaign and was kept

on a tight leash.

Look where you get sources and what kind of motivation there was to make something into a movie. Tell me

how many movies have portrayed the truth about someone like this in the last couple decades. Hollywood

is no place to rely on news, information and political insight except a Democrat. They and the media sleep

together, just like CNN, Fox and the rest. I would have not mentioned Fox except they have been very wishy-

washy in their news reporting.

We sometimes rely on some sources for our news that are intended to be propaganda machines and have been

throughout their existence, and Hollywood is no exception, but an extension. Just because someone says something

doesn't make it right, even if it's me, and I will admit it. The news outlets sure won't. They just drill it in until enough

people accept them as facts.

I'll bet you none of the sources were close to what could have portrayed her any more than that ditz, Tina Fey,

and if you believe a comedian for sources, I can't think of anything to argue with that.

Analyze those sources you think may be halfway truthful, with your BS detector a bit more finely tuned, Mac.

Are you analyzing personality traits or character traits, from third party people who have no real credibility?

Guest 6.8 AR

Sarah Palin has ZERO chance of winning anything. The media has branded her a joke and sold it to the American people. That's what they do.

If you ever want to win political offices, my humble advice is to distance yourself from her as much as possible. Love her in private, but stay away in public. The demos would LOVE for her to be a candidate.

That's exactly what was thought of Ronald Reagan until very close to the vote. Go back and read up on the

1980 election. He was way behind until September or October. Media be damned when someone displays

some damned character in front of enough voters. That's what made him President.

Edited by 6.8 AR

We haven't had much for choices in recent years.  I'd take Palin over Obama, Hillary, McCain, or Romney.  At least I have some things in common with Palin.  I reckon my dog could do as well as a couple of those choices.  Probably better.

• Like 1
I like Palin, I don't care what anyone else thinks of her.

I've watched enough of her interviews, debates & speeches to have an educated opnion on the woman's intelligence, convictions & beliefs and while she was being completely and unfairly ripped apart in the media she still stood her ground and simply said "bring it on!"

I liked that, I liked that a lot, most folks would have cowered from that sort of onslaught, especially when they started going after her kids & family.

Never in my life have I seen such a ruthless wide spread media campaign designed with the sole purpose to destroy a person/politician, but Sara Palin did not even flinch, that woman is one heck of a lady, one heck of a Patriot, and I for one am proud to be able to call her a fellow American.
  • Like 4
All great points. However there must be another great candidate out there that the Republican Party can get behind that speaks to those views that many of us share. Palin, for her qualities, will not win an election. She needs to do what she can do to back someone else.

I, like many conservatives, are looking for someone. She is not our best choice IMHO.

All great points. However there must be another great candidate out there that the Republican Party can get behind that speaks to those views that many of us share. Palin, for her qualities, will not win an election. She needs to do what she can do to back someone else.

I, like many conservatives, are looking for someone. She is not our best choice IMHO.

It doesn't matter which conservative canidate is picked, the media is going to attempt to destroy them regardless, at least Palin has already walked through that "trial by fire" and has proven to me at least that she won't back down under pressure.

Rand Paul is also a great choice but they'll do to him what they did to her & every other conservative that dares to seek the office of POTUS.

He'll be mocked & ridiculed, attacked & maligned until the low-information voters either laughs them off or out-right "hates" him too.
  • Like 2
What the media did to Palin was criminal. They slandered and vilified her at every turn with no proof whatsoever. They did to her what they always do to those they fear - they painted her as an idiot. There are people who STILL believe that she actually said that you can see Russia from Alaska. I'd put her up against the MORON who currently holds the title of VP any day of fhe week, even though that's not saying much.
  • Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

Daddyo, I'd go even farther. She would probably go head to head with just about any libertarian, like Rand Paul,

as President. In fact, I'd like to see a ticket with the both of them on it, in either position. Character and conviction

mean more than anything else to me in a candidate. We all have made mistakes in our past and they have, too.

We need to be judging based on consistency of ideology, rather  than rumor and innuendo like the media gives us.

What the media did was stop her from proving herself in the arena of ideas. She may be playing catch up, but she is

catching up quite well. My love for her is based on her character and conviction, and, well, she's beautiful, too. :D

Not a bad package at all.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest 6.8 AR

It doesn't matter which conservative canidate is picked, the media is going to attempt to destroy them regardless, at least Palin has already walked through that "trial by fire" and has proven to me at least that she won't back down under pressure.

Rand Paul is also a great choice but they'll do to him what they did to her & every other conservative that dares to seek the office of POTUS.

He'll be mocked & ridiculed, attacked & maligned until the low-information voters either laughs them off or out-right "hates" him too.

Make no bones about it. Rand Paul is a libertarian. He just knows how to sell his positions with reason and common sense.

He will stand up to the test, also. I just hope the country isn't shot to pieces before he or Palin get to prove themselves.

Guest 6.8 AR

Ask Ted Cruz if he agrees with you or not. He gives her a huge role in winning his race against a woman in his primary bid,

and then again in the senate race he won. Kay Bailey Hutchinson is part of the Texas Republican old guard and he knocked

her off. I think you might be surprised to what that woman can do.

Tell me how you can check on a source that is subjective at best, and is a narrative of events by one or two

people.....

Good points, but her aides had self-vested interest in getting her elected, and no incentive to undermine the effort.

Just watching her public side-stepping of questions about which she was obviously clueless, and the way they were blindsided by the dirt came up after having been hastily vetted by Culvahouse all lend credence to the overall portrayal. And some of the script was verbatim according to A.B. also.

As he said, she was "high risk, high reward". And there was less there than initially believed, only her incredible stage presence and charisma kept the choice from becoming a total debacle.

So, as I said, I give the movie the odds on being at least half way accurate.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Never in my life have I seen such a ruthless wide spread media campaign designed with the sole purpose to destroy a person/politician

So you haven't watched much FOX News over the last five years? Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1

Make no bones about it. Rand Paul is a libertarian. He just knows how to sell his positions with reason and common sense.

He will stand up to the test, also. I just hope the country isn't shot to pieces before he or Palin get to prove themselves.

Well...Rand's "reason and common sense" hasn't sold me on why we need to grant legal status to 10/12/15/20 million (depending on who's estimate you believe) criminals who broke our laws by coming here...working here...and staying here.  I was warming up to Rand Paul until the bit of horse s***t he put out the other day.

Edited by RobertNashville

Part of the appeal of Palin for me was how much the media and the left hated her. If they hated her that much she must be good. How much time did they spend on how much money she spent on clothes?  If they had spent twenty five percent of that on the current administration they probably would not have gotten elected. Day after day blowing one thing out of proportion after another. My mom mentioned how she hated "that woman she should be home taking care of her kids”. I said that’s funny I do not remember you staying home to take care of your kids. Needless to say we do not talk about politics much any more

I'll take Palin over any Dem and most Repubs any day.

• Like 1
I believe if the current trend continues a Rand Paul/ Ted Cruz ticket could win. Rand is very popular with college age students which has been one of Obummers strong supporting groups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

While I agree with Robert on the immigration thing I would definitely support a Rand/ Cruz ticket.

I'm about ready to not support anybody anymore.  With every day that passes I'm more convinced that it's too late to undo what the past 100 years have done to us and that there isn't enough left of the republic to save.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. Even if I am wrong, we are so ripe for financial catastrophe that it will be our undoing before anybody has a chance to "fix" things. Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
Well I can't just give up. That's not why I served. Rand Paul is drawing large numbers of young people wherever he speaks. To me that's a bit encouraging. I am however a realist and as such I'm preparing for the worse case scenario but I still maintain hope. Oh and I'm not saying Paul is the end all and be all but he's better than the last few so called conservative nominees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Presidential elections are won in the middle...go to the extremes either way and you loose. Also, not voting for a candidate because he/she isn't your perfect candidate is just giving a vote to the other side. I think the non-votes hurt Romney more than anything else in the last election. I'm not a fan of any of the possible candidates mentioned, but I'd likely still vote for them even though they aren't my perfect candidate (who is?) if they became the GOP nominee. I would say that I'd consider voting for a moderate/conservative democrat, but I think that is now an oxymoron...they don't really exist.