Ammo must be slowly coming back around

Krull

Seems to come and go in waves here. It's been quiet for awhile but it seems that its back on again.

Of course it also seems as though common sense comes and goes in waves here too, it seems many weren't buying a little while ago but now are again.
  • Like 1
Yep and when the gougers show up the whiners aren't far behind. They like to bump every thread with a high price up with a snide comment. For a place that claims to love freedom so much a lot of you seem to hate free market economy. If you don't agree with the price, why not just ignore the ad and move on, the same way you would if a car lot is over priced, or if something cost more in kmart than it does in walmart. Instead we have 300 threads complaining about various prices from different people

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere Edited by Spots
  • Like 1

Yep and when the gougers show up the whiners aren't far behind. Theyike to bump every thread with a high pri e up with a snide comment. For a place that claims to love freedom so much a lot of you seem to hate free market economy. If you don't agree with the price, why not just ignore the ad and move on, the same way you would if a car lot is over priced, or if something cost more in kmart than it does in walmart

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Freedom goes both ways. Everyone has the freedom to price their items as they see fit. Everyone has the freedom to whine about the prices. And you have the freedom to whine about the whiners.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 7

And to think, I just sold a brick of .22LR to a customer of mine for $20, and about 250 rounds to a guy at work for $10. 

Sounds like you left some meat on the bone.  I've got about 600 rounds of .22LR and I don't even have a .22 anymore.  I've been hanging on to it just for spite.  :0)

• Like 4

Although not as many as other sites, we've had our fair share,

We've had more than enough in my opinion. As I've said many times I'm over this crap.

And I don't care if it's "whining", I'm calling BS when I see it. We're too much a persecuted community already to be screwing each other. I'm as sick of seeing the jacked up prices as I am of being given economics reminders of the "free market".
  • Like 4
On a lighter note, I was at sportsmans warehouse yesterday and they had quite a few boxes of ammo at the service desk.....STILL. They get ammo in on Sundays or Mondays. I did spot around 15 or more boxes of 45 100 rnd target ammo. winchester it was, I believe. I've got plenty for as little as my job allows me to shoot. But to me this was a very positive sign there is some leveling off, or saturation occuring. So, I hope soon all the gougers will be eating their ammo for supper.
  • Like 1

Yep and when the gougers show up the whiners aren't far behind. They like to bump every thread with a high price up with a snide comment. For a place that claims to love freedom so much a lot of you seem to hate free market economy. If you don't agree with the price, why not just ignore the ad and move on, the same way you would if a car lot is over priced, or if something cost more in kmart than it does in walmart. Instead we have 300 threads complaining about various prices from different people

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Naaaa I'm calling them on it. I'm sick of it I don't see Kmart selling things for a 500% difference over Walmart. If I did I would say something to them as well Its insulting.

Yep and when the gougers show up the whiners aren't far behind. They like to bump every thread with a high price up with a snide comment. For a place that claims to love freedom so much a lot of you seem to hate free market economy. If you don't agree with the price, why not just ignore the ad and move on, the same way you would if a car lot is over priced, or if something cost more in kmart than it does in walmart. Instead we have 300 threads complaining about various prices from different peopleSent from the backwoods of Nowhere

I understand your point, and it does have merit, but when people snatch up every box from Walmart every time a truck comes in (while other people have to work) at normal prices and then jacks the price 3 or 4 times just ain't right in my book of "do unto others". And it never will.
  • Like 2

A valid point. What's more, I think that the best way to answer a sale post offering overpriced merchandise is to answer it with deafening silence. If I think something is priced stupid, ignoring it is the best way to get the point across.

When an ad is posted for 3 days with tons of views but NO responses, the seller gets the idea pretty quickly. Ads that insult my intelligence aren't even worthy of a response in the first place.

• Like 2

I understand your point, and it does have merit, but when people snatch up every box from Walmart every time a truck comes in (while other people have to work) at normal prices and then jacks the price 3 or 4 times just ain't right in my book of "do unto others". And it never will.

This is what infuriates me.  By the time I get there, nothing!  I just want to restock .40 FMJ's for less than the price of a gold brick.  Got plenty of HP's but don't want to plink with them.

A valid point. What's more, I think that the best way to answer a sale post offering overpriced merchandise is to answer it with deafening silence. If I think something is priced stupid, ignoring it is the best way to get the point across.
When an ad is posted for 3 days with tons of views but NO responses, the seller gets the idea pretty quickly. Ads that insult my intelligence aren't even worthy of a response in the first place.

That's exactly what I do. I move on. But I still think the people that do it are A.H's and the ones that pay it do nothing but contribute to the problem and the vicious cycle. Both groups hurt everyone.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

We've had more than enough in my opinion. As I've said many times I'm over this crap.

And I don't care if it's "whining", I'm calling BS when I see it. We're too much a persecuted community already to be screwing each other. I'm as sick of seeing the jacked up prices as I am of being given economics reminders of the "free market".

The operative words. It makes me wonder sometimes, too, Kong.

If you think someone is gouging then just shut your dam mouth. Post something negative in someone's ad and you will be punished. If you have nothing positive to say the shut your mouth. What is going to happen is the classifieds are going to go back to no one allowing to ask questions or leave comments. And that will impact everyone who wants to sell.

As much as I do not like it either we cannot force anyone to sell something for less than they want to. Just like the seller can't force a buyer to spend more.

I suspect there are going to be a lot of people gone by Monday.
  • Like 2

That's exactly what I do. I move on. But I still think the people that do it are A.H's and the ones that pay it do nothing but contribute to the problem and the vicious cycle. Both groups hurt everyone.

True. Please recall the old fable of the Ant & the Grasshopper. Right now, there are a lot of Grasshoppers who got caught with their pants down and are willing to pay some truly silly prices. That definitely doesn't help the situation.

• Like 1