Big Sis responds: We buy ammo in bulk to 'significantly lower costs'

But will we get a free armored vehicle with every 5 million round purchase?

sure do, just step right into this here train boxcar so you may be whisked straightaway to the armored vehicle depot to claim it. yup that direction just follow that gentleman with the blue helmet.

Edited by zapfbroad
  • Like 1
Guest PapaB

Questions left unasked.

If you're doing it to save money, why don't you save more by buying practice ammo for practise?

Your figures show you're spending over 35 cents per round (jhp) when practice ammo (fmj) should be much less.

If you're really buying less than 150,000 rounds per year, why did you contract for more than twice that amount?

How much ammunition do you think you need to have in stock at any given time and how does that match with 1.6 billion rounds in 4 or 5 years?

If sequestration caused you to furlough agents as previously claimed, shouldn't you need less ammo than normal?

I expect I'd get thrown out of the Washington press corp in record time.

Edited by PapaB

Why do they need to get a good price at all? ATK runs Lake City for the Federal Government. If they just have it made there they get it for cost.

BTW… Lake City is the main producers for our military…. Our military that is at war. Lake City produces 1.4 billion rounds of small arms ammo a year. That story says the Feds are ordering 1.6 billion.

I heard that their latest buy was for ammunition in 45 Long Colt, 22lr, 12 gauge shotgun shells, and several other calibers. My questions is why in the hell does the DHS need to have these types of ammo in their stock pile? Makes me think that they are purposely limiting the amount of ammo that hits the civilian market by buying up as much as they can.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/dhs-explains-plans-buy-16b-rounds-ammo-were-buying-bulk-significantly

What a coincidence, so do we! :) Next time someone asks why on earth we would buy ammo in large quantities,  if the excuse is good enough for DHS, should be good enough for us lol

I've been saying that all along................................. :woohoo:

Guest liveload

I grew up in the United States of America. I now live in a "Homeland".

When was the last time that term was part of the popular lexicon?

Armed with the truth, there is no single doubt that what we face is the single most heinous entity the world has ever known.

Nothing matters to them except money and power. Not this country, any religion, creed, living being, or culture; nothing is sacred. Hence we see our nation being turned into a third world country before our very eyes. As the late Russel Means once said, "Welcome to the Reservation".

I heard that their latest buy was for ammunition in 45 Long Colt, 22lr, 12 gauge shotgun shells, and several other calibers. My questions is why in the hell does the DHS need to have these types of ammo in their stock pile? Makes me think that they are purposely limiting the amount of ammo that hits the civilian market by buying up as much as they can.

Source please. Haven't "heard" about this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2