I'm narrowing down the plces I'll shop...

First, it was the Lebanon Gun Shop, who refused to sell a box of 1000 primers. Today, I went in the Reloader's Bench. They were sold out of most anything I was interested in. I did see a couple of boxes of 250 Savage ammo on the shelf...then I noticed the price tag...$42.99 a box! :stare: I'll remember these things and shop accordingly when things return to normal.

• Like 2

Was the price on the primers crazy? OR just because they had a limit? Limits don't bother me. Slightly higher prices than normal dont bother me. 50% and up increase, I'm making a list. I'm not saying anything to them, its their product to charge what they want for it, but its my money to spend when and where I see fit

• Like 1

I don't understand why you would be upset at the Reloader's Bench because they were sold out of ammo.  What are they supposed to do in this panic era?  WalMart is sold out, are you mad at them?

clue us in.  Quite frankly I think you are being childish.

I don't understand why you would be upset at the Reloader's Bench because they were sold out of ammo.  What are they supposed to do in this panic era?  WalMart is sold out, are you mad at them?

I think it was over the price of what they did have, not the missing inventory

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Spots,

I dont own a .250 savage, but a friend hunts with one and he struggles to find ammo at any price.  Last week I bought some 260 Rem ammo at the Reloaders bench and it was 29.95 a box which is a bargin for this seldom encountered ammo anymore.  As I recall I passed up 260 ammo at Bass pro last year because it was over 30 something a box.

Last I checked the Lebanon Gun Shop issue was a limit. Not an increase of price. At least back in Jan-Feb.

I've always thought the Reloader's Bench was pretty high on stuff as an average (especially manufactured ammo). I've found a few deals on things in there from time to time; but nothing I would consider "outstanding."

Probably am a bit childish. I understand they are low on inventory, just like everyone else. $30 a box for 250 Savage is a bit high. $42.99 is rape price for something I don't expect many are hoarding.

They haven't done anything wrong, I just find stuff like that irritating. Sort of like if the next time Wal Mart has 22 ammo, it's $50+ per box.

Edited by gregintenn

Exactly, 

Both the right to price high and the right to not ever shop there again are capitalism.

Kurt

i agree 100%, but the definition of a fair price is one that the buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept. 

• Like 1

i agree 100%, but the definition of a fair price is one that the buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept.

Of course there is a difference between an informed buyer and a panic buyer. An informed buyer will pass up over priced items and when things calm down will not shop the over priced store A panic buyer will pay any price until they realized they have been riped off. Then they in turn will move on and remember not to shop at that store again
  • Like 4

Of course there is a difference between an informed buyer and a panic buyer. An informed buyer will pass up over priced items and when things calm down will not shop the over priced store A panic buyer will pay any price until they realized they have been riped off. Then they in turn will move on and remember not to shop at that store again

I agree with all the above, but we are not talking about insulin or heart transplants.  We are talking about people hoarding .22 LR that they will probably never shoot.  With demand going through the roof and almost everyone raising prices as a result, the market determined that a higher price was the norm.  That's supply and demand 101.  If we are going to boycott everyone who raised their prices, there won't be many places left to shop.  The panic buyer needs to heed the old saying, "Buyer beware." 

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1

That's supply and demand 101.  If we are going to boycott everyone who raised their prices, there won't be many places left to shop.  The panic buyer needs to heed the old saying, "Buyer beware." 

I shopped at Brownells, Midway USA, Grafs, Powder Valley and Grabagun before all of this happened, they covered most all of my needs and I will stay with them after all of this because they have remained fair, I can't say the same about any of the local shops.

I'm sure there are others that have kept their prices fair, these are just the ones I deal with the most.

Kurt
  • Like 1

I bought a box of Winchester small magnum pistol primers for (approxmattly) $39. Honestly I have never bought magnums because I don't use them but they had them. I thought it was completely in-line.

Wondering why you bought them if you don't use them.....but they had them.

First, it was the Lebanon Gun Shop, who refused to sell a box of 1000 primers. Today, I went in the Reloader's Bench. They were sold out of most anything I was interested in. I did see a couple of boxes of 250 Savage ammo on the shelf...then I noticed the price tag...$42.99 a box! :stare: I'll remember these things and shop accordingly when things return to normal.

I've personally witnessed Reloader's Bench amongst others sending teams of people into Bass Pro (some were obviously somewhat out of place, not the type that you see roll into Bass Pro to prepare for Turkey season or pick up a holster) and buying up whatever was available after a shipment came in, well beyond the per person limits in place, even making multiple trips back into the store for more. I overheard other customers and staff at Bass Pro complain about it on a  couple of occasions. They were piling more than the set limits into carts before others could get their hands on it, and then moving to other aisles and dividing it up amongst themselves to check out, making multiple trips in and out of the store to buy more. I talked to the guys at the Bass Pro counter and said you guys must be sick of this ammo craze and all the phone calls to see if they got a shipment, they said they really didn't mind at all, just wished they had more ammo to sell,  and said what did make them mad were these greedy guys making multiple trips in to buy beyond their allotments, saying "dude, you were just in here 5 minutes ago, don't be greedy" after taking their first load out to their vehicles and coming right back in for another. Reloader's  elevated prices must partly be to compensate for having paid retail for it, taking what was intended for customers to begin with to stock their store. That's why Bass Pro in the past week or so has had to implement a 2 box per caliber limit on ammo, 1 box if above 100 shells per box, I believe they've also started 2 magazine per customer limits because of the AR-15 mag hoarding and possibly similar policies on reloading supplies.

• Like 2

I've personally witnessed Reloader's Bench amongst others sending teams of people into Bass Pro (some were obviously somewhat out of place, not the type that you see roll into Bass Pro to prepare for Turkey season or pick up a holster) and buying up whatever was available after a shipment came in, well beyond the per person limits in place, even making multiple trips back into the store for more. I overheard other customers and staff at Bass Pro complain about it on a  couple of occasions. They were piling more than the set limits into carts before others could get their hands on it, and then moving to other aisles and dividing it up amongst themselves to check out, making multiple trips in and out of the store to buy more. I talked to the guys at the Bass Pro counter and said you guys must be sick of this ammo craze and all the phone calls to see if they got a shipment, they said they really didn't mind at all, just wished they had more ammo to sell,  and said what did make them mad were these greedy guys making multiple trips in to buy beyond their allotments, saying "dude, you were just in here 5 minutes ago, don't be greedy" after taking their first load out to their vehicles and coming right back in for another. Reloader's  elevated prices must partly be to compensate for having paid retail for it, taking what was intended for customers to begin with to stock their store. That's why Bass Pro in the past week or so has had to implement a 2 box per caliber limit on ammo, 1 box if above 100 shells per box, I believe they've also started 2 magazine per customer limits because of the AR-15 mag hoarding and possibly similar policies on reloading supplies.

Now that is downright low class.  On a side note, the Memphis Bass Pro had probably 100 Promag polymer 30 round AR mags and metal 20 round mags for $19 each yesterday.  Anybody know if these are any good?

Edited by deerslayer