Anyone who can understand Schumers proposal please

Im reading he negotiated these changes to the Manchin Toomey proposal....Is this part of the BILL?.

help me understand....

he does not want us to be able to carry in other states other than our own with a carry permit?

72 hours for background checks for stores and 48 hours from gun shows?

5 guns per year from internet sales?

huh??

taken from politico

Schumer negotiated several changes to the initial Manchin-Toomey proposal, including striking language from the agreement allowing concealed permit holders to carry their weapons in other states, and limiting Internet sales to five guns per year. He also worked to make sure there is a 72-hour window for performing background checks except for gun-show sales, which will be cleared in 48 hours initially.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/gun-background-checks-deal-89856.html#ixzz2Q5TzMRHY

Edited by Krull
  • Moderators

It still irritates me how they are misleading on the "internet sales". It makes it sound as if anyone can go on the internet, purchase a firearm and have it shipped to their house, no questions asked. Would I like it that way? Ideally, yes! But do not try and paint the picture that this is exactly how you can currently do it, when the truth is obviously far from that.

• Like 3

It still irritates me how they are misleading on the "internet sales". It makes it sound as if anyone can go on the internet, purchase a firearm and have it shipped to their house, no questions asked. Would I like it that way? Ideally, yes! But do not try and paint the picture that this is exactly how you can currently do it, when the truth is obviously far from that.

Yet you can indeed do it in some cases, to be fair. Like, you know, through TGO, eh?

- OS

• Like 1
I just wonder what else has been stuffed into this bill, much like obamacare. Unfortunately, I also don't trust folks like Sen. Munchkin and Two-me to peruse it closely enough to wowed out the most undesirable parts.

I just wonder what else has been stuffed into this bill, much like obamacare. Unfortunately, I also don't trust folks like Sen. Munchkin and Two-me to peruse it closely enough to wowed out the most undesirable parts.

kinda like pass it to see whats in it!!!!

My guess is that this is red meat for the gun control democrats and cover for red state democrat senators.  It allows team obama and their children to say they did something on the gun control issue while giving cover to the red state democrat senators by way of the "ruling class" rino republican senators; nothing more. 

As to the "removing of reciprocy" in concealed carry permits.  As far as i know, the federal government has no jursitiction in this issue.  It is a state issue, not a federal one. 

As to this: ".....The Manchin-Toomey agreement would close the so-called “gun show loophole” by requiring that background checks are conducted on all commercial gun sales in the country. ...".  There has always been a federal law that says "all commercial sales" are to be background checked on handguns.  My guess is that this is political pandering and red meat for the democrat "anti-gun" base.  With a complicit media; it will be heralded as a policy victory for team obama.

Interesting read on this subject here:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/04/09/the-gun-control-vote-and-harry-reids-problem/

Here's watchin

leroy

• Like 1
The waiting period for a gun is just stupid. Female has a stalker following her on Monday. She goes to the gun store Monday to purchase a gun. Come back wed to get your gun. She's dead on tuesday.
  • Like 1
Guest nra37922

Very simple gun control proposal

1)  ANYONE that passes a routine background check can buy anything they can afford.  You want that bazooka have at it.

2)  Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime -10 years no parole

3)  Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime where anyone is injured - 20 years no parole.  Injury can be twisting an ankle in an attempt to get away.

4)  Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime where anyone is killed - criminals choice of swift death sentence or lab rat

5)  Mental capacity is not a mitigating factor.  Insanity does not change sentence.   Mental Institute instead of normal prison.

6)  Accomplices get half the sentence or in case of a death, life in prison.  This includes knowingly providing a firearm to be used in the commission of a crime or to someone that can no longer legally have one.

Guest 6.8 AR

Very simple gun control proposal

1)  ANYONE that passes a routine background check can buy anything they can afford.  You want that bazooka have at it.

2)  Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime -10 years no parole

3)  Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime where anyone is injured - 20 years no parole.  Injury can be twisting an ankle in an attempt to get away.

4)  Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime where anyone is killed - criminals choice of swift death sentence or lab rat

5)  Mental capacity is not a mitigating factor.  Insanity does not change sentence.   Mental Institute instead of normal prison.

6)  Accomplices get half the sentence or in case of a death, life in prison.  This includes knowingly providing a firearm to be used in the commission of a crime or to someone that can no longer legally have one.

So, I guess you are for background checks. Sorry to see that.