Senators Quietly Seeking New Path on Gun Control

“I think trafficking can be the base of the bill, the rock on which everything else stands,” Ms. Gillibrand said. “I also think it’s complementary to background checks because, let’s be honest, criminals aren’t going to buy a gun and go through a background check. So if you really want to go after criminals, you have to have to do both.”

So, let's insist on stronger background checks because we know that criminals won't subject themselves to it? :doh:

Edited by SWJewellTN

Uh, it's already a felony to transfer a gun to a person prohibited from owning a firearm. Moving it across state lines I believe would be an additional federal felony.  

But yeah a new law that is a redundancy of existing laws is "doing something."

The economy is in the toilet and welfare is probably larger than ever before. They are trying to exempt themselves from the bs health care. So with just those few things that are way more important than background checks I think they already have plenty on their plate. If we want to start saving kids then lets first talk about the million aborted every year and we get that number down then we can talk about the ones they use for political gain on bs agenda. By no means am I devaluing the lives of those lost from acts of criminals but sometimes I believe they cant see the forest from the trees.

• Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

Senator Manchin of West Virginia was on the radio saying he was going to re-introduce his crap

with Senator Toomey of Pennsylvania. He said it was misunderstood the first time.

It's going to be a battle of attrition. These fools will not give up. It's obvious where this is heading.

its a trap!

They offer things already illegal as the 'meat' of the bill and will probably hide the other "minor details" like banning all guns that hold more than 2 rounds.   They know full well that trafficking is already illegal, its just the usual leftist bait-and-switch tactics.   For that reason, this one might be more troublesome than the last.

Now that we're in between big news makers like the Boston Bombing, MSNBC seems to be cranking back up on the gun control thing too.

Latest push is to show polls about how many of those Senators that voted against it are losing support, etc. Also keep touting a poll about how more firearms are being sold, but number of households which own them keeps dropping, so there's the "lunatic fringe" argument getting hammered home.

Expect a month or two of liberal media barrage replete with key interviews from antis on the Hill, and we'll be seeing some of this hit the floor up there again, seems.

- OS

"discussing ways they might support the bill, which would criminalize the shipping or transfer of guns to someone who is barred from possessing a firearm."

Now there is a great idea. Make giving guns to criminals illegal. They should also add an amendment to the bill making murder illegal.
Guest 270win

Let's talk about why the ATF illegally exported firearms to Mexico to the cartels.

Also let's talk about why people sit on death row for twenty years.  Why does every handout lead to more handouts that never fix the violent crime problem?  Why do some American cities like New Orleans, Memphis, Pine Bluff, AR more resemble third world countries in areas of town and the local govt is more like the Jamaican govt than anything in America?

Isn't it illegal to carry guns without a license in New Jersey and flat out illegal to carry in Illinois?  Why do the gang members in Camden and Chicago still do their crime?

Wasn't it illegal for Adam Lanzan in Connecticut to POSSESS a handgun when he was under 21?  Wasn't it also illegal for him to carry that handgun being under 21 and not having a license?  Wasn't it illegal for him to murder his mother in her sleep, steal her guns, and murder again?

How does restricting my rights do anything to cut down on the pants sagging gang bangers and nutcases who murder their mothers and steal their guns? 

My proposal is this.  At the Shelby County Courthouse, let the prisoners build some gallows.  Shorten capital appeals drastically.  Use those gallows in front of the courthouse and clean up death row.  If it takes having a hanging everyday in public to clear out death row, then do it.  

Until I start seeing people like that Adam Lanzan, the nut in Colorado, the Muslim terrorist at Fort Hood,  Muslim terrorist in Boston, and the gang banger murderers either hanged or put in front of even a firing squad, leave my rights alone.

Edited by 270win