3D gun files pulled due to potential ITAR violation

Guest confidence

Mark my words, this is the start of something big...  Here we have the federal government violating the 1st amendment because DefCad is publishing information that they don't like.  It's a gross violation of civil rights.  Tyranny is alive.

• Like 1

Dont use pirate bay, I was nailed 3 times in 1 week on there. They sent the info to comcast and I got a nasty email.

Explain in detail please. Who is "they", and what did "they" send "to ComCast" and who sent you the nasty email, and what did it say?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest nra37922

As I mentioned in the thread ZIP Guns, there isn't anyway in hell guns can be taken away completely.  WAY too many ways to build cheap firearms, quality may suck but still beats a rock when the time comes.  The zip shotgun is 'interesting' and looks real easy to fabricate...

Explain in detail please. Who is "they", and what did "they" send "to ComCast" and who sent you the nasty email, and what did it say?

- OS

"They" were likely the copyright holders jesse was stealing work from openly. If they seed their own work they can monitor who is connecting to them to steal parts of the file. Comcast often threatens to deny internet service to that address and hand over the user's ID to the copyright holder's attorneys.(as per the service agreement for obtaining internet acces via Comcast.

If you use bit-torrent only for legal file downloads such as legally distributed linux ISOs or Cody's gun designs you won't get a notice b/c they are licensed for redistribution where as popular music, and commercially released movies typically aren't. 

• Like 2
Guest nra37922

MS(BS)NBC News Flash

Sen D. Feinstein (D) CA and Sen N, Pelosi (D) CA to have major press announcement calling for a law to ban the manufacture and sell of cop killing plastic BULLETS.  Said Sen. Feinstein in an MS(BS)NBC exclusive 'these 3-D printers are capable of producing plastic bullets that are untraceable, undetectable by metal detectors and can bring down an aircraft.  This common sense law will stop terrorist from manufacturing this cop killing bullets."

MS(BS)NBC News Flash

Sen D. Feinstein (D) CA and Sen N, Pelosi (D) CA to have major press announcement calling for a law to ban the manufacture and sell of cop killing plastic BULLETS. Said Sen. Feinstein in an MS(BS)NBC exclusive 'these 3-D printers are capable of producing plastic bullets that are untraceable, undetectable by metal detectors and can bring down an aircraft. This common sense law will stop terrorist from manufacturing this cop killing bullets."

I thought this was from the onion before I looked up and saw "MSNBC" ..... (I read the paragraph before I saw the top)

Guess I need a 3d printer so I can just print my own bullets!!! Edited by JGunner
Guest Lester Weevils

Peer file sharing networks are a great way to get infected with computer malware. Difficult enough to avoid malware without messing with ilk such as pirate bay (or google for that matter).

Copyrighted stuff belongs to the owners. If ya don't want to pay fer it, then do without is the best policy.

MS(BS)NBC News Flash

Sen D. Feinstein (D) CA and Sen N, Pelosi (D) CA to have major press announcement calling for a law to ban the manufacture and sell of cop killing plastic BULLETS.  Said Sen. Feinstein in an MS(BS)NBC exclusive 'these 3-D printers are capable of producing plastic bullets that are untraceable, undetectable by metal detectors and can bring down an aircraft.  This common sense law will stop terrorist from manufacturing this cop killing bullets."

Oh my. She needs to go away. A plastic bullet has a way to go before it can bring down a plane.

Oh my. She needs to go away. A plastic bullet has a way to go before it can bring down a plane.

Just to play devils advocate, If a box cutter can bring down a plane why couldn't a plastic bullet.    Caseless ammo has been around for a long time (since the rocketball)  and polymer bullet casings are already proven to be doable.  The army even has tested a polymer telescoping round when it was conducting tests on the LSAT LMG.  Think of something like a polymer based 410 shell using plastic cap gun cups as primers loaded with glass or ceramic balls then placed inside of an all plastic gun. 

Guest 6.8 AR

They can't completely ban box cutters because grocery clerks couldn't cut themselves making displays

of Del Monte French Sliced beans without them.

Eventually the government will reach a crossroads in the road to stupidity if they continue, and I know they will.

This dumb attitude is like saying "put a padlock on everyone's brain". Liberals' will even make some sense of that,

also, and get angry.

The one good thing about the old TV show, "The Prisoner" is that it will never really happen. Too many liberals

who would fight that idea.

Just to play devils advocate, If a box cutter can bring down a plane why couldn't a plastic bullet.    Caseless ammo has been around for a long time (since the rocketball)  and polymer bullet casings are already proven to be doable.  The army even has tested a polymer telescoping round when it was conducting tests on the LSAT LMG.  Think of something like a polymer based 410 shell using plastic cap gun cups as primers loaded with glass or ceramic balls then placed inside of an all plastic gun. 

I'm more thinking printed bullets, not bullets like you are talking about.