Troubling news for the Trayvon Martin camp

Oh good... that is what I kept finding... and I was beginning to think I was losing my mind... thanks for finding that!

It's kind of sad that they changed the rules to pretty much exclude anyone that is a legal gun owner with a permit to carry, kind of stupid too, because the next GZ will be just another unnoticed victim, seeing as how he was the lighter of the pair and not worth the press... and it will be entirely NW's fault that their rules demanded that their members have no way of defending themselves.

How so right you are. It is sad.

Remember, community watch is just that...you are the eyes and ears of the community. Unless things go south real fast, you really do not need a firearm.

Dave

Oh good... that is what I kept finding... and I was beginning to think I was losing my mind... thanks for finding that!

It's kind of sad that they changed the rules to pretty much exclude anyone that is a legal gun owner with a permit to carry, kind of stupid too, because the next GZ will be just another unnoticed victim, seeing as how he was the lighter of the pair and not worth the press... and it will be entirely NW's fault that their rules demanded that their members have no way of defending themselves.

I don't get what makes anyone think the the "rules" of the Neighborhood Watch program mean anything here???

Does anyone here even know if this group Zimmerman was part of was even connected to the formal Neighborhood Watch organization?

Even if they were; someone please tell me how the NW "rules" can override FL (or any other state's) law?

I'm a member of a NW group and if I'm awake, I'm armed...I don't give a flying you-know-what about NW rules and I'm sure as hell not going to leave my cave without my club EVER whether I'm trying to keep an eye on a suspicious person or walking to the local convenience store or out walking my dog.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

How so right you are. It is sad.

Remember, community watch is just that...you are the eyes and ears of the community. Unless things go south real fast, you really do not need a firearm.

Dave

Really?  Tell me when, precisely, I "don't need my firearm" because it's heavy and uncomfortable and if you can tell me in advance when I "don't need it" I'd be more than happy to leave it in my safe.  ;)

• Like 1
Guest RedLights&Sirens

I don't get what makes anyone think the the "rules" of the Neighborhood Watch program mean anything here???

Does anyone here even know if this group Zimmerman was part of was even connected to the formal Neighborhood Watch organization?

Even if they were; someone please tell me how the NW "rules" can override FL (or any other state's) law?

I'm a member of a NW group and if I'm awake, I'm armed...I don't give a flying you-know-what about NW rules and I'm sure as hell not going to leave my cave without my club EVER whether I'm trying to keep an eye on a suspicious person or walking to the local convenience store or out walking my dog.

I dont know a thing about the NW program, the official or other. But I can say this, if the rules stated I couldnt carry, I wouldnt join. I can protect my property and neighborhood and call 9-1-1 just fine without a title that doesnt give me any power.

Edit to Ad:
Just read my statment from earlier and hope that dosnt come off as an attack, especially the last sentence. Nothing personal meant by it, I wrote in a hurry while getting ready for work. Edited by RedLights&Sirens
Guest Charis

What we were discussing just now is something I said a few pages back that got disagreed with... which pertained to NW and its rules. 

And I think it does apply in a way, since if you join a group and agree to it's rules, your actions after that point are then judged based on how you followed those rules, no matter what the law says.

In this case I believe it gives a much better argument that GZ was NOT acting like a vigilante cop wannabe, which is what some story's are saying, and they are pointing to the NW's newly changed rules to prove it.

So knowing what the rules were at the time, as opposed to how they changed, does change the perception of the situation for those that can deal with such things, despite the fact that they really do not have any bearing on the laws of the state.

Easy. The same way any volunteer organization and/or your employer can do via policy. Then we either accept it or move on! That's how state laws are over written.

Dave S

Guest nra37922

MS(BS)NBC News Flash.   George Zimmerman indicted as co-conspirator in the assassination of Martin Luther King.   More to follow  

Update to above Newsflash..

Confidential sources have told Chris (the Tingle) Matthews that the Rev Al Not so Sharpton is filing rape charges again GZ in the Tawana Brawley case. 

Edited by nra37922

Easy. The same way any volunteer organization and/or your employer can do via policy. Then we either accept it or move on! That's how state laws are over written.

Dave S

Volunteer organizations can't override state or federal law; neither can an employer.  My employer can fire me for violation of policy or because they don't like the car I drive; that's the only power they have.  Why should I give a rat's ass if NW organization doesn't like that I'm armed- they have ZERO power to compel me to do or not do anything.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
Guest nra37922

Volunteer organizations can't override state or federal law; neither can an employer.  My employer can fire me for violation of policy or because they don't like the car I drive; that's the only power they have.  Why should I give a rat's ass if NW organization doesn't like that I'm armed- they have ZERO power to compel me to do or not do anything.

AND you don't have to be part of some NW program to guard your property or report problems in the area.. 

Yep. They're nothing more than a franchise. Their signs look pretty good.

The "innocent kid portrayal" was created by the media when they ran those pics of a 6 yr old Martin and the innocuous trip to the store for tea and candy. The "evil gunslinging mall cop portrayal" included the mug shots of Zimmerman and a doctored 911 tape making it sound like he singled-out lil Trayvon because he was black.

This helped get this case spiralling into deep waters, as is evident by the perpetually offended Sharpton and his ilk swooping in to play the race card. Now, it seems the case will be forever tainted as a white on black hate crime, even if it wasn't. If the DA hadn't pressed charges, there'd have been riots. If a jury acquits Z or only gives him a slap on wrist, there'll be riots.

Every piece of evidence presented to contradict the "innocent kid portrayal" is attacked as an irrelevant character assassination. I found all the evidence about burglary tools, stolen jewelry, handgun ownership by a minor, drug usage, and general displays of thug-like behavior much more pertinent than dropped charges of domestic violence and resisting arrest.

This evidence along with the real 911 tape, witness accounts, and the map of the neighborhood made the idea that TM doubled-back to attack GZ much easier to believe than GZ running TM down to assault/confront him. That's just where my stance came from, but clearly others disagree and that's cool.

It's that potent mixture of canned iced tea and Skittles that sends them over the edge. He couldn't resist going on a crime spree. Zimmerman may have prevented a massacre.

This is actually another piece of that evidence that got me wondering if TM was an innocent kid from the start. I can't prove it, but I'd bet you money he was headed home to mix up some "Drank"/"Lean" (Watermelon flavored iced tea + Skittles + Robitussin http://therealrevo.com/blog/?p=75112). According to this link, it's very popular in southern rap culture. Just read about the 4 levels or plateaus it creates. Like I said, I may be wrong, but based on his past, it's easier to believe than "lil Trayvon walked to the store one night in the rain, just to get candy and tea and was murdered by a white man with a chip on his shoulder". Edited by BigK
  • Like 2
I bought sudafed the other day. God forbid someone shoot me dead with it lest I be accused of using it to make methamphetamine. Maybe, just maybe, he actually was buying candy and something to drink. It's been known to happen.
  • Like 2

I bought sudafed the other day. God forbid someone shoot me dead with it lest I be accused of using it to make methamphetamine. Maybe, just maybe, he actually was buying candy and something to drink. It's been known to happen.

It was my understanding he bought the tea for himself and the skittles for his little brother. Who knows...

Dave S

Guest nra37922

It was my understanding he bought the tea for himself and the skittles for his little brother. Who knows...

Dave S

And in all honesty Who the Frick cares what he was buying?  He could have been picking up Zig-Zags for his dad, it is not germane to the fact that he assaulted GZ and was killed.  "He was a good boy out shopping for Tampons for his mother." 

In a vacuum. When a thug gets shot, somebody, somewhere, always says, "he was a good boy". Based on all we have seen about Trayvon, outside of Crump's marketing campaign, is that he was an aspiring thug. It has some significance in the case because of all the original misleading media crap.

Sure, he could have been buying iced tea (actually, it wasn't) and skittles for a nice evening at home. Let's don't ignore the fact that an evening with the Cleavers didn't quite fit his character.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

And you know what kind of a pain that is, nowadays. Even the pharma tech looked at me cross-eyed when I used

to buy that stuff. :D

In a vacuum. When a thug gets shot, somebody, somewhere, always says, "he was a good boy". Based on all we have seen about Trayvon, outside of Crump's marketing campaign, is that he was an aspiring thug. It has some significance in the case because of all the original misleading media crap.

Sure, he could have been buying iced tea (actually, it wasn't) and skittles for a nice evening at home. Let's don't ignore the fact that an evening with the Cleavers didn't quite fit his character.

What does Zmans record look like? He isn't exactly sherley temple either, and far from law abiding. I have never said either one of them were angels, and both were thugs. I did say, one is dead and one made a mistake. I also said I donated to the Trayvon fund, because Zman isn't getting a dime of my money.

Dave S

In a vacuum. When a thug gets shot, somebody, somewhere, always says, "he was a good boy". Based on all we have seen about Trayvon, outside of Crump's marketing campaign, is that he was an aspiring thug. It has some significance in the case because of all the original misleading media crap.

I also said I donated to the Trayvon fund, because Zman isn't getting a dime of my money.

Dave S

I understand you may not think Zimmerman was justified in his shooting and why you wouldn't give him money, but why in hell fire would you send funds to help further the circus antics? I'm confused I guess. Edited by KKing

What does Zmans record look like? He isn't exactly sherley temple either, and far from law abiding. I have never said either one of them were angels, and both were thugs. I did say, one is dead and one made a mistake. I also said I donated to the Trayvon fund, because Zman isn't getting a dime of my money.

Dave S

This ain't about Zman. Zman wasn't presented to the entire nation as Barack Obama's son.

• Like 5

I understand you may not think Zimmerman was justified in his shooting and why you wouldn't give him money, but why in hell fire would you send funds to help further the circus antics? I'm confused I guess.

Donated with some co workers at work. They asked, and I helped. That's all there is to it.

Dave S

. I also said I donated to the Trayvon fund, because Zman isn't getting a dime of my money.

Dave S

Trayvon fund?  WTF is that money for? He's dead and the state is prosecuting.  Oh well....nothing surprises me anymore.

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

Trayvon fund?  WTF is that money for? He's dead and the state is prosecuting.  Oh well....nothing surprises me anymore.

Well we still live in a free, or freeish, country and anybody is able, and quite willing, to blow their money away way they want.  Me, I rather give my money to buldbiggerprisons.com or by sponsoring a gang banger for the 'Lets take a ride to Sing Sing' event but that's just me.

TM didn't have to confront GZ and TM didn't have to bash GZ's head into the sidewalk.  At the same time, GZ could have done what a lot of people do and say frick it I'm not going to get involved as long as my home is safe not do a damn thing.  So a teenager with a racial chip on his shoulder decides to be a punk and attack GZ and in the process gets shot and dies.  Boo Frickin Hoo, got what you had coming sooner rather than later...