Mosins at Gander Mountain Knoxville

I bet GM has them in stock for a Fathers day Promo. The only other times I saw more than one in stock they run a sale on them a couple of weeks later. They were the same price that time as well (2+ years ago). It was all I could do not to laugh at the sales guy when he told me they were $179+tax and tics. I had just picked one up at a LGS the day before for $125 otd. I looked in the Sunday paper a week later and Gander had them on sale for $109+tax and tics. Considering I have only seen them in stock there is right before a sale, keep your eye out for a sale, especially if they have a lot of them.

Went to GM at lunchtime. Mix of Izzy and Tula, hex, hi-wall, and low-wall round receivers. All are marked with PW Arms import stamp. Comes with bayo, oiler, and some tools.

Were the hex receivers more or $179? That wouldn't be a terrible price for a hex nowadays.

I'd probably get the hex at that price, especially since you can pick which one you want. The last one I bought through AIM, which was not a hand pick, cost me a total of $163 including shipping and it only included the bayonet. 

I'd probably get the hex at that price, especially since you can pick which one you want. The last one I bought through AIM, which was not a hand pick, cost me a total of $163 including shipping and it only included the bayonet.

I think I'm going to get one. I only have 1 hex in my collection right now. I'll be looking for a ex-dragoon!

Can I ask, what's the deal with the Mosins? It's like everyone here is ranting and raving over them?

An accurate, reliable high powered rifle that shoots inexpensive and readily available ammunition for a hundred bucks and change. What else could you ask for? Fries and a drink?

Edited by gregintenn

If you want a "cheap" Mil Surp, you'd better get it now.  I think Mosins will be the last big time imports of Mil Surp into this country, unless we see a change in the Washington administration. 

They'll be the last mil-surps in quantity. There is not really much left to be imported. 

Enfields and .303-Gone

Mausers and 8mm-Gone

What he said^
The m44 I have is sellin for $259 at SOG international currently.
The m38s have dried up for the most part, and I would say they would draw a premium compared to the mosin m44. I have a few of each, but I bought a metric butt ton of type 53 carbines. They are my favorite! I got some of them as cheap as $99 before shipping! I highly recommend them.

By type 53 you mean the Chinese? All I have read about them is that they are as rough as a cob. Did you pick up some nice ones? I would surely be interested in one.

Four Mosins here. First was all matching great condition 1945 Russian M44 for.....$25. Believe it or not.

Next was a 1916 Hex. Czar of Russia still in power. A great shooter for $50

Then $50 for a nice 91/30

Finally, $100 for a minty like never shot, Polish M44 that I made into a scout rifle and boy is it ever a good shooter!

Folks, don't mess around and watch these things vanish. Buy one or two while you still can.

Edited by TnEngineer

By type 53 you mean the Chinese? All I have read about them is that they are as rough as a cob. Did you pick up some nice ones? I would surely be interested in one.

Four Mosins here. First was all matching great condition 1945 Russian M44 for.....$25. Believe it or not.
Next was a 1916 Hex. Czar of Russia still in power. A great shooter for $50
Then $50 for a nice 91/30
Finally, $100 for a minty like never shot, Polish M44 that I made into a scout rifle and boy is it ever a good shooter!

Folks, don't mess around and watch these things vanish. Buy one or two while you still can.

Yes. The T53s are Chinese. I've bought a lot of them, and they have all been great shooters. I've bought most of mine from SOG. I got handpick option on all of them because SOG actually looks at their inventory before they send it out the door. I am very happy with my T53s. I'd say get one while they're still available!