DIY Shotgun/Rifle wall mount?

Guest glocklocker19

Guest glocklocker19

Anyone have any ideas for a wall mount for my AR-15 and Mossberg 500 shotgun? I want to wall mount both horizontally and they need to be easy to grab if needed for home defense, and most importantly must meet wife approval :D She won't let me get a regular wooden gun rack.... so I was thinking a couple of hooks or something but looking for some ideas... anyone have any? 

Guest glocklocker19

I might be mistaken but it sounds like your wife doesn't want guns hanging off the wall. 

Nah... she's totally cool with it, just wants it to look nice, well to her standards anyhow... lol

Guest glocklocker19

I like Ridgeback Racks if I was going to wall mount. The design could be done in wood, plexiglass or whatever. I like that there is a lock for basic security.

These are actually quite nice and may fit the bill... 

Anyone have any ideas for a wall mount for my AR-15 and Mossberg 500 shotgun? I want to wall mount both horizontally and they need to be easy to grab if needed for home defense, and most importantly must meet wife approval :D She won't let me get a regular wooden gun rack.... so I was thinking a couple of hooks or something but looking for some ideas... anyone have any?

I have a set of double doors that open up to my washer and dryer in my apartment. I bought some rubber coated screw in hooks from the hardware store and screwed them in above the door from the inside. That way it's out of plain sight. It's out of reach from small children(not that I have any), and should anyone break in there's a chance it could be missed if my laundry area is glances over.
  • 2 weeks later...