Ruger SR 556

Not mine, but I finally talked my dad in to buying a new AR15.

Ruger SR 556

enu5esas.jpg

ynyzypa9.jpg

He is mainly a bolt action and revolver guy, so this one has taken me some time. I can't tell you how many times we've gone to the gun store and he's walked away from an AR like this.

• Like 4

You guys need a wife like I have! She encourages the gun buying and bulk ammo purchases! :love:

She has a want list of guns as big as mine! :crazy:

It's great to be married to a gun nut!   :no1:

• Like 1

You guys need a wife like I have! She encourages the gun buying and bulk ammo purchases! :love:

She has a want list of guns as big as mine! :crazy:

It's great to be married to a gun nut!   :no1:

I'm married to a "Lets go shooting, I will pay for no ammo and clean no weapons" nut! But hey, I'll take what I can get! Just glad she loves shooting!

At the onset of the Sandy Hook panic my wife said "you better buy your AR now or you may not get it". This rifle was the first one i saw available in a gunshop sitting right next to an LWRC, both were $2,500 so I passed. I'd like to hear a range report though. I haven't read up much on the piston ARs

• Like 1

We fired it last Saturday. The gun runs flawlessly on M855. I really like it!

My only complaint is my eye sight and my dads is so poor that it was hard to use the iron sights on paper targets at 100 yards. We need to either upgrade them or hurry up and get a scope on this gun. :lol:

• Like 1

At the onset of the Sandy Hook panic my wife said "you better buy your AR now or you may not get it". This rifle was the first one i saw available in a gunshop sitting right next to an LWRC, both were $2,500 so I passed. I'd like to hear a range report though. I haven't read up much on the piston ARs

LWRC $2500

37497503.jpg

Ruger $2500

frabz-Dafuq-Is-going-on-here-62aefb.jpg

OK, I'll be the oddball here. The Ruger SR556 is really nice, and I may get one later. But I kinda like the Sig M400, and I'm really diggin' the Sig 556R.

I'm really having to think of good reasons not to go after them both.

Aside from the obvious cost, that is.

What you think on these?

OK, I'll be the oddball here. The Ruger SR556 is really nice, and I may get one later. But I kinda like the Sig M400, and I'm really diggin' the Sig 556R.

I'm really having to think of good reasons not to go after them both.

Aside from the obvious cost, that is.

What you think on these?

Why not do the Sig 716? I have one. I like it!

Haven't looked at the 716, JohnC. Just happened to be in a lgs and ran across the 2 I mentioned. Guess I'll have to do some more looking.

But the more I think about the 556R....I think I'm gonna have it.

716 is the .308, if you want a 5.56 look at the Sig 516.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

I did look at the 516 and 716 today. Both great rifles. Were I in the market for another 556, I'd go with Sig's 516 cerakoted magpul edition.

And I guess I'm a wimp, not really interested in getting a 308 chambered rifle, at least not at this time.

But I did commit to the 556R today, we will talking about a possible trade on it as well.

And to settle something...it most definitely is a "want" not a need. I've been bouncing this around for about a month now. Couldn't walk away from it, so I guess I gotta do something about it now.
The ruger 556 is nice, a friend has one hes happy with. We've swapped my 516 for his 556 and back at the range we like both. If the 516 wasn't avail I'd have the ruger. I love piston guns and looked real hard at the ruger. Went back to the lgs it was gone. Cruised through another lgs a few weeks later and I was held down and forced to buy the 516. It's been love ever since....enjoy
be careful piston guns can be addictive...the 556 r included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 Edited by Dustbuster