What now for Zimmerman?

The livelihoods of people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton depend on keeping others convinced they are repressed and due reparations.

Thankfully both are getting up their in age. The sooner they die off, the better society as a whole will be. Like the issues revolving around gay marriage and religion, the younger generations are far less uptight about the BS. I wouldn't dare say racism doesn't exist, but it's far less common among the younger generations.

Tell the real haters to go to an island in the Caribbean and shut the heck up. I don't hate them(blacks, or anyone in particular), and I don't need anyone telling me that I may be a victim for me. You certainly don't, either. Why, then, do the blacks need a spokesman, who doesn't have the creds to represent anyone in the first place, to represent them, when they apparently don't speak for all of them. Too many disagree with their antics, but never get the camera time. It is pure politics. Joseph Stalin called people like Al and Jesse useful idiots. Actually he used the term to describe John Maynard Keynes, in particular, but the term applies. They are useful idiots when they further a goal established by an ideology that can benefit from their actions and no
good comes to the people they supposedly represent.

We don't have a racial problem in this country. We do have a problem, though. It's called crony politics. If you take the time and looked back through the history of our country, you would find a pattern of it, including the race game played.

Do you know who initially tried to get civil rights legislation passed? And who blocked it? This was in the fifties.
If you don't know, the answer will surprise you.

Very good points Sir, and not arguable on my part. I just don't know where the hatred in these threads here come from. Go back and read some of them. I agree 6.8 on most of your issues. You make valid points. It's the hatred "HERE" that's getting me.

Peace Out Bro...

DSWD

Hatred is a strong word, and I wouldn't consider it an accurate representation as to what's been going on here. This is obviously a very hot topic with very strong opinions on both sides. I wouldn't take anything too personally. I couldn't disagree with you any more on this subject, but I definitely don't hate or dislike you or anyone else around here.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Very good points Sir, and not arguable on my part. I just don't know where the hatred in these threads here come from. Go back and read some of them. I agree 6.8 on most of your issues. You make valid points. It's the hatred "HERE" that's getting me.

Peace Out Bro...

DSWD

It comes mostly from frustration from hearing someone else is being "victimized" all the time, when they have

a rough enough life without it. Good people can be irritated hearing they are not as good as someone else,

only so much. It's not as much hatred as much as it may be immaturity in the way they may come across, or

plain old being tired of it. That's why I don't watch the news, any more. It's all you hear and see on the TV. 

I think most of the folks around here would agree with that, but some may have trouble getting it across. Then,

there are the jokers. :D

Victimization has no value in absolutes when it is falsely applied. You become a victim when you are placed in

a situation by others without your consent. If you readily accept a handout and then call yourself a victim, when

you could have been productive in your life, it is false. If a crime has been committed against you, you are a victim

of that crime. How much does it take to become a victim when someone is trying to keep you in your place by

giving you that handout and taking away any self-esteem and self worth? Very little.

You can look again to political ideology to back that one up, also. Using altruism to make you share your worth to

supposedly help someone, when they could have been encouraged to do it on their own. Our country was founded

on rugged individualism. People found opportunities, rather than welfare. They had no safety nets back then. Why

should it be different now? It's an artificial fix to a problem that didn't need fixing.

Guest ThePunisher

Peace Out Bro...

DSWD

I'm afraid that you might be confusing "hatred by some TGO'ers here" as nothing but pure common sense, and their ability to see an innocent man (Zimmerman) being ramrodded with murder charges b/c of an liberal agenda brought on by the MSM and the WH. I haven't seen any hatred here, but I do see liberal ignorance being displayed during this whole Zimmerman trial spectacle.
Guest 6.8 AR

Convincing someone using reason and logic, based on the evidence, also, can be a better tool to win friends

and influence people(where have you heard that before?). Saying someone is nuts because of his views won't

accomplish anything except bring on bad will.

Ah, must be an internet thang!

It comes mostly from frustration from hearing someone else is being "victimized" all the time, when they have

a rough enough life without it. Good people can be irritated hearing they are not as good as someone else,

only so much. It's not as much hatred as much as it may be immaturity in the way they may come across, or

plain old being tired of it. That's why I don't watch the news, any more. It's all you hear and see on the TV. 

I think most of the folks around here would agree with that, but some may have trouble getting it across. Then,

Victimization has no value in absolutes when it is falsely applied. You become a victim when you are placed in

a situation by others without your consent. If you readily accept a handout and then call yourself a victim, when

you could have been productive in your life, it is false. If a crime has been committed against you, you are a victim

of that crime. How much does it take to become a victim when someone is trying to keep you in your place by

giving you that handout and taking away any self-esteem and self worth? Very little.

You can look again to political ideology to back that one up, also. Using altruism to make you share your worth to

supposedly help someone, when they could have been encouraged to do it on their own. Our country was founded

on rugged individualism. People found opportunities, rather than welfare. They had no safety nets back then. Why

should it be different now? It's an artificial fix to a problem that didn't need fixing.

You make good points that I can't argue. Now go back through all these threads regarding Zman...and read the hatred. That's my point. If some of the posters on these threads would lighten up on what they type regarding black and white...TGO..I said TGO (not the rest of the world) would be a better race friendly place to be. Just read a bunch of different post Mark. It's there buddy. Change starts here with us. Period!

DSWD

Guest nra37922

I'm afraid that you might be confusing "hatred by some TGO'ers here" as nothing but pure common sense, and their ability to see an innocent man (Zimmerman) being ramrodded with murder charges b/c of an liberal agenda brought on by the MSM and the WH. I haven't seen any hatred here, but I do see liberal ignorance being displayed during this whole Zimmerman trial spectacle.

Bingo....

Guest 6.8 AR

Most political ideology is inherently evil since it owes its value to taking something without providing value

in return. People who use political ideology to gain control of others are evil. It is easily found, nowadays,

in the Democrat Party. It became unmasked for many by the current occupier of the White House. When you

use tricks like racism to turn people against another, how can it be anything, other than evil? The game has

to end and the welfare state has to be abolished, for all. It's crony politics.

There are even some in the Republican Party who do the same, just to a more hidden degree. They are called

RINO's. Big government is no different from what the Democrats want.

People tend to work out their differences when they're allowed to, Dave. This guilt crap is the problem.

You make good points that I can't argue. Now go back through all these threads regarding Zman...and read the hatred. That's my point. If some of the posters on these threads would lighten up on what they type regarding black and white...TGO..I said TGO (not the rest of the world) would be a better race friendly place to be. Just read a bunch of different post Mark. It's there buddy. Change starts here with us. Period!

DSWD

I'd like for you to point out some of these "black and white" issues you're talking about. I suspect is more of that victimization mentality that's been going on lately. I've read just about every post, and unless I missed them, I don't recall seeing what I think you're insinuating. Being the uncle of two bi-racial nephews, that type of stuff doesn't usually slip by me.

I'd like for you to point out some of these "black and white" issues you're talking about. I suspect is more of that victimization mentality that's been going on lately. I've read just about every post, and unless I missed them, I don't recall seeing what I think you're insinuating. Being the uncle of two bi-racial nephews, that type of stuff doesn't usually slip by me.

Sir, I'm not pointing nothing out to you that you can't find yourself. Go back and read all the posts in all the threads and see for yourself. I'm appalled by some of the phrases and terminology our fellow TGO'rs are using. I'm not going to continue arguing my point. I'm not racist and I damn sure ain't BLIND! My whole point is, if the world is to change, it has to start right here, right now, with us. Comprenda?

I don't know how else to make my point.

DSWD

Guest Lester Weevils

Dunno if it is possible to productively discuss prejudice. Not being critical of any individual or group. Merely speaking in generalities, and maybe I'm too pessimistic.

Though there may be rare individuals free of prejudice-- Prejudice is kinda like body odor-- Everybody has it and people can more easily detect other people's BO rather than their own BO.

Prejudice will most likely always be with us because it is part of the human perceptual system. A product of evolution which must have offered survival value some time in the past, and perhaps in the present day, or it would most likely have been weeded out or at least attenuated by now.

Extreme prejudice seems unhelpful in modern civilization, but I wouldn't wager that we would necessarily be better off if it were somehow eliminated. Dunno if prejudice could be eliminated without fouling up other more useful but similar perceptual systems which are necessary in day-to-day function.

Prejudice is most easily seen at a distance in time and/or space. Read fact, fiction, philosophy from centuries ago, or even decades ago. Writers who believed themselves completely logical and of good will, unconsciously expressing crazy illogical prejudice. Similarly our descendents will read our writings and see the same. But it is difficult to see our own.

Dunno what to say. It is maybe desirable to have self-examination and edit out prejudice which we can detect, and which we have control to change. But it is a difficult task. Often people who believe themselves prejudice-free have merely replaced old prejudices with new prejudices. But it probably doesn't hurt to try anyway.

Because it is so difficult to detect the true foulness of my own body odor, am reluctant to hold forth on the foulness of some other fella's body odor. :)

Sir, I'm not pointing nothing out to you that you can't find yourself. Go back and read all the posts in all the threads and see for yourself. I'm appalled by some of the phrases and terminology our fellow TGO'rs are using. I'm not going to continue arguing my point. I'm not racist and I damn sure ain't BLIND! My whole point is, if the world is to change, it has to start right here, right now, with us. Comprenda?

I don't know how else to make my point.

DSWD

Can you give me a few example of the phrases or terminology to which you're referring? I don't expect you to dig through 2000 Martin/Zimmerman posts to point them out. Something off the top of your head will do. 

Guest ThePunisher

BO? I detect it...

obama-idiot1.jpg

BTW... I hate that guy. Sorry, DaveS

Yep, there's been a bad odor emanating from the WH the last four and half years, and it's seeping into our whole country.

Few colleges will take him as the left would pitch a fit and shut the school down with all types of BS Racist protests...

I agree.  He needs to have a full ride at Florida c/o a deal with the Florida state government as part of his malicious prosecution deal.  Ot, he might want to take the high road and go to a smaller, more honest law school.  There are some out there; and they all aint liberal.

leroy

The juror being interviewed on Anderson Cooper said that, at first, it was a 50/50 split on guilt and innocence. Obviously the other 3 changed their minds, for whatever reason. She's about to explain that in a minute. She said most or all of the jurors thought the screaming was Zimmerman.

I actually agree with you for once. I don't hate him as a person, but I hate the lousy job he's doing in the WH

DSWD

I hate him on every level. I see him as just plain evil, perfectly fiting the role of what you Christians postulate the Antichrist to be.

By the way, I hated Duyba too, but not on every level nor as intensely,  and he was too dumb to be an Antichrist.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I hate him on every level. I see him as just plain evil, perfectly fiting the role of what you Christians postulate the Antichrist to be.

By the way, I hated Duyba too, but not on every level nor as intensely,  and he was too dumb to be an Antichrist.

- OS

Nah, I think the Antichrist would know there aren't 57 states with a few more to go.  :)

Nah, I think the Antichrist would know there aren't 57 states with a few more to go.  :)

Even Lucifer himself probably makes a slip of the tongue now and then -- I keep hearing that only God is perfect. Or the whole Trinity. Or something.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Hatred is a strong word, and I wouldn't consider it an accurate representation as to what's been going on here. This is obviously a very hot topic with very strong opinions on both sides. I wouldn't take anything too personally. I couldn't disagree with you any more on this subject, but I definitely don't hate or dislike you or anyone else around here.

Propaganda 101, demonize the opposition in order to minimize the validity of their counter-arguements.

"Hate" is the current vehicle for that, if someone claims your position comes from an emotional deep hatred (racism, bigotry, homophobia), that then your opinion/position/arguement has absolutely no validity, they don't care if their accusation is true or not, because their ends justifies their means.

I'm really disgusted to see some of my fellow TGO'ers resorting to Saul Alinsky tactics in our discussions & doing so with absolutely no shame what so ever.
  • Like 1

Propaganda 101, demonize the opposition in order to minimize the validity of their counter-arguements.

"Hate" is the current vehicle for that, if someone claims your position comes from an emotional deep hatred (racism, bigotry, homophobia), that then your opinion/position/arguement has absolutely no validity, they don't care if their accusation is true or not, because their ends justifies their means.

I'm really disgusted to see some of my fellow TGO'ers resorting to Saul Alinsky tactics in our discussions & doing so with absolutely no shame what so ever.

Negative. There are plenty of TGO members who have the exact opposite opinion of me who I don't classify as hateful.

You on the other hand have made personal attack after personal attack on myself and other members simply because we disagree with you. It is because you don't have the ability to express your opinion intelligently, and because you are a hateful individual, not because I disagree with your views on various issues.

I swore I wouldn't respond to any of your posts but I'm getting a little tired of these veiled jabs you keep throwing out. If you have something to say to one of our members come out and say it direct or send a PM rather than throwing out this passive aggressive 13 year old girl crap. As for the personal insults you have thrown my way, my offer still stands to strap the gloves on so I can whoop your ass if you would like to.
  • Like 1