The Latest From Chiappa Firearms.

This does look like it'd be perfect for a bugout. I likes it, I didn't see any prices though.

I actually somewhat like this one, might even buy one if the price is right when they come out.  "The Little Badger."  Has M1 Carbine like sights marked for 25, 50, and 75 yards as well as a threaded muzzle for cans.  It also has rails on it for small optics, grips, whatever.  Looks like a winner to me though.

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/2599

You noticed that too huh?

• Moderators

I know patents get in the way of all of this, but I would be a very happy person it Magpul would correctly make an AR-7. The current Henry Arms is close, but I am not quite satisfied with the polymer that the "stock" is made of. Magpul could pull it off. Mainly it is the way the "lid" attaches to the "stock".

If it were made of better polymer and had a more secure way of fastening closed, I'd go and buy one during lunch today!

Edited by CZ9MM

I know patents get in the way of all of this, but I would be a very happy person it Magpul would correctly make an AR-7. The current Henry Arms is close, but I am not quite satisfied with the polymer that the "stock" is made of. Magpul could pull it off. Mainly it is the way the "lid" attaches to the "stock".

If it were made of better polymer and had a more secure way of fastening closed, I'd go and buy one during lunch today!

The AR-7 annoys me because of how the rifle sits in the stock. I don't like how it's not actually center of the stock, it just sits off to the side.

If I were gonna have something like this, I think the Springfeild M6 looks a little more comfortable.  Although the trigger on those things are a sad joke.  

THis rifle DOES have a niche.  I'm sure it would pack very well.

I think maybe Chiappa has a really good idea here. This is an excellent way for them to get money for all the spare parts they had stacked up in the warehouse.

At first it was the lop stock that turned me off but upon deliberation, the stock ain't the problem. It's the pic rails. That needs to go.
AND, the caliber needs to be something mor effective and reloadable. A Hornet would be much more versatile unless one happens to be tied to the tether of factory ammo.

Well in any case it is very much a niche item that some might find interesting.

Well, the idea is an item ALL of us should have. A back up meat getter that'll pack easily in the BOB.
Not to bang my own drum, but I have a Contender for that purpose but I will admit if it hadn't been a gift from a mentor, I'd never have been able to put that kind of money in it.
Somewhere, somebody has to have a perfected survival oriented, packable rifle.

You have the M6 scout. The trigger blows. They're hard to find and pricey.
You have the charter arms model that breaks down and stores in the stock. They are a little bulky and a semiauto can (and will at the worst possible time) fail. You could lose the magazine making a very difficult to load single shot.
You have this thing which actually seems as good or better than the first two but the those rails.....bahh!

There's a few other contestants but they aren't packable IMO.

So, what else is there?
  • Like 1

Having never held either, just based on pictures, something about this one kind of makes me think of the Springfield M6 Survival Rifle.  I think the Chiappa rifle looks interesting but for just about the same money I could pick up a Rossi Youth combo that comes with interchangeable .22LR and a .410 barrels and which would likely be more comfortable to shoot (I think the last time I priced them at Walmart they were at $169.)  From what I have read, the Rossi breaks down pretty easily without the use of tools so it should be pretty easily packable, etc.

For some reason even I don't truly understand, I kinda want one of those Rossis.  I don't really have all that much use for a single shot .22LR or a(nother) single shot .410.  That said, I already have a .410 single that was my first firearm and I already own other .22LR rifles so it isn't like I'd be adding another type of ammo to buy.  There is just part of me that thinks such a firearm along with a few rounds of each ammo type would be a good choice for 'get home' or 'pack' gun as well as a back up 'meat getter' as Caster said.

Edited by JAB
Guest Bonedaddy

I'll just keep my AR-7s. Got an original Armalite one that is a good 30+ years old and a new Henry. Like the way the old one was made better but it was always real picky with ammo. Only liked CCI but the way the stock was made is better, at least to me, 'cept that I can store one more mag in the new one. I keep the new one in my get home/BOB pack and the old one stays in the garage with a cheap Simmons scope on it for yard varmints. Wish I could find "quality" larger mags for'm, though.

• Admin Team

Ram-line used to make hi-cap mags for the AR-7, but they were always finicky in my Charter Arms version.

I wish someone would really do a modern take on the M6.  It's kind of a limited market, but it's probably bigger today than it's ever been.