Need opinion on a trade!!!

Guest Gray93

I think the glock would normally cost about $100 more when brand new from the same dealer, but of course the specific features, conditions, and accessories of each gun need to be factored in. Search gunbroker.com for both guns to get a general idea of what they are going for. If you have an account there (free) they will let you search completed auctions so you can see which ones actually sold, and for how much.
It depends really. If your talking a trade either way with a dealer it's beyond fair an into the "how do you keep the lights on?"
If your talking about a FTF deal then I'd say whoever is parting with the Glock probably should have some boot coming his way. If both parties are happy though I would not say that there is enough of a price difference for any hurt feelings down the road.

If I had multiple G19s and really wanted that SR45 I would probably just make the trade. Sure I could probably get another $50-$100 if I first sold my Glock and then bought the Ruger but sometimes its not worth the time. Now keep in mind all this comes from someone with the mindset that since he doesn't NEED another gun he may as well keep what he has and wait to buy what he WANTS.
  • Like 1
I trade down all the time. The Glock I have now was acquired by me trading something I had which was worth much more. Doesn't bother me none. I got what I wanted and got rid of what I didn't. Every firearm I own has either held its value or appreciated in value since purchasing it. If I trade for something that is worth $100-$200 less than what I am trading what have I really lost? Other than pride I haven't lost anything. The only time I'm haggling for a deal is when actual green is involved. Edited by TMF

That Ruger will require boot on your end at a gun store for ANY Glock. In fact, it will require boot on your end for any gun worth owning. The guns shop must make a profit on any deal.

This pretty much nailed it. Regardless of make or model your not going to go into a gun shop and trade your Ruger for a new quality pistol. Where's the incentive to the dealer for making the deal?

If you've got a Ruger and wish it was a Glock, take it to a gun show or buy a benefactor status here and list a trade/sale ad. Those are going to be your best bet for getting what you need with minimum out of pocket expense.
  • 1 month later...

Here's how you do it...http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/store/
Good luck with your trade/sell.

Pretty basic and well worth the cost when you take into account that its very easy to sell here. A good rule of thumb for you, post your gun for sale/trade and list a cash price and your trade interests. If after a week you still have it with no interested potential buyers its time to knock $20 off the price. Repeat until you feel that your at your bottom price.

Good deals get gone here fast.
  • Like 1