What's fer breakfast?

daddyo

After church brunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe.

2 eggs over medium, bacon, home fries and of course a giant biscuit!!

Your wife is very pretty :) now go shave. .you look like a ... lumberjack

Haha, yes she is...and don't worry I think her patience is running out with the beard. It won't last much longer :)

This morning: Six over easy home fresh banty eggs topped with buttermilk white cheddar cheese and sprinkled liberally with Cholula brand Lime & Chili hot sauce, pumpernickel toast w/butter and homemade brandied peaches for dessert. Washed it all down with "Hazlenut Dream" coffee spiked with a little Irish whisky.

Tomorrow: A cup of hazlenut coffee at home followed by five or six more cups of whatever commercially available nasty, coal oil tasting (free!) coffee we use at the office...

Tuesday: Pretty much the same as today except that I'll toss some marinated mushrooms on top, switch out the buttermilk white cheddar cheese with Amish Vidalia onion cheese and go with Tabasco Smoky Chipotle sauce instead of the Cholula.

Wednesday: See "Tomorrow..."

^_^

...TS...

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

I had three pancakes, sausage and sugar free syrup at a local truck stop, two bites then saw the hair cooked into the pancake. No problem though, eat there a lot, good breakfast restaurant, a one time hair no problem. Didnt have time to wait for more.

After church brunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe.

2 eggs over medium, bacon, home fries and of course a giant biscuit!!

Your wife is very pretty :) now go shave. .you look like a ... lumberjack

I know your not picking on beards in here. I smell discrimination. ...

This morning had two fresh peaches and a bowl of blackberries, both picked last night. Black coffee, home made biscuits, 3 fresh fried hen eggs gathered yesterday, home cured salt pork, homemade sausage gravy, and 2 home made pancakes. Yes I love big southern breakfast, it keeps me going all day.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

French toast made with three eggs covered in peanut butter, blackberry jelly, real maple syrup. Ethiopian dark roast coffee made from beans I roasted and ground myself. Sometimes, instead, I make a three egg omelet with bell pepper, tomato, and lots of cheddar cheese.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

It sucks being on a low salt,sugar,cholesterol diet. Egg whites with Buckwheat pancake. :yuck:

Stop listening to doctors. How many old doctors do you know...

My Papaw and dad ate basically anything they wanted. Salt pork, beef, everything cooked in lard, etc. They stayed lean and were/are ox strong because of hard work. Diet has only become a big concern in the last 25 years, before that hard work and home grown food kept people healthy. Not to mention just being tough SOB's

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Right now I am having some hummus for breakfast. For lunch I will likely be having a black bean burger with mayo, lettuce and some pepper jack cheese on whole grain bread. It is one of the most amazing things I have eaten in recent history. I initially ordered one at Lenny's Sub Shop to try and thought it was amazing so I found the patties at Walmart. Takes about 10 minutes to have a great tasting, and good for you, meal.

At least you saved Dolomite from that fate. I'm gonna slip him a bacon sammich next time I see him :)

I haven't had bacon in a very, very long time. And the last time I did it was mixed in with a weakness of mine, brownies. There is nothing better on this earth than brownies with bacon mixed in. I buy the bacon pieces for salads and mix it in with a pack of bronie mix then bake like normal. Bacon is one of those things that makes everything better.

My biggest problem with bacon is it tastes very salty and I hate salt. There is enough salt in the food most people eat every day to last them a week.

Hell, if I'd known he was eatin tofu I'd a pocketed him a biscuit from Tupelo

Bisquits were never really a favorite of mine. When I do have a bisquit it is generally with a little bit of honey and maybe some butter, really butter.

The tofu we eat isn't that bad or at least that is what I keep telling myself. :)  And tofu, if prepared correctly, is actually pretty damn good. It takes on the flavors it is cooked with, like mushrooms, so it is easy to get it to taste good but getting the right texture is another story though. It is possible but I haven't figured it out. I will say that our son, who eats a lot of chicken, was fooled by some premade "chicken" strips made out of tofu. And honestly I could not tell the difference other than is wasn't as tough as chicken often is. It tasted great and had the appearance and texture of chicken. And soy seems to be one of those "super foods" that does a lot of good things.

The only time we eat meat of any kind is when we go out to eat which is a few times a week. And even then we are mindful of what we eat. I do not recall the last time I had any type of red meat.

Even with all my sensible eating my cholesterol is still elevated according to the doctors. I think that each person is unique and their cholesterol levels are as unique as the person. My grandfather had cholesterol levels in the 500's for as long as they have been checking and he lived well into his 70's. My father's has ALWAYS been above 450 and he is 67 now. Mine are in the 220-240 range pretty regularly. My wife, who eats pretty much the same things I do, has her levels in the <180 range so I think genetics plays a role in levels.

Seriously though I have always been mindful of what I eat. I try to avoid salt like the plague and my blood pressure hovers around 100-120/60-70. My resting heart rate is in the 50-55 bpm range.