Midway USA .22 LR

Scored some Remington Golden Bullets, 525 round box at Midway today for $20.99. Called my brother, sold out 5 minutes later. Shipping was $19.00 but I added a holster for my S&W 686 to offset the shipping and the charge became $15.25 for shipping for both items. I wonder how they decide shipping charges.

As much as I like(d) Midway I just can't support their ammo shipping prices. Have they always been insane? Shipping on everything else I have bought has always been reasonable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have to say I feel the same way.

I'm guessing that they have raised the shipping on ammo only orders drastically temporarily to help curb the reselling. It's hard to make $ reselling if you are limited to a single box or two of ammo and shipping is near $20. but last month I had 550 rounds of .22lr that showed as $21 to ship by itself but after adding a few other non ammo items to my cart shipping dropped to $8.

I'm sure Midway is charging more for shipping than it actually costs as a way of making additional profit this way they can't be accused of gouging us on ammo costs.

I'm not falling for it. The Wal-Mart near my house got 10 bricks of .22LR in just the other day.

• Like 1

I'm sure Midway is charging more for shipping than it actually costs as a way of making additional profit this way they can't be accused of gouging us on ammo costs.

I'm not falling for it. The Wal-Mart near my house got 10 bricks of .22LR in just the other day.

This

It is like ebay sellers that sell a product for $1 then charge $45 shipping to get the $46 they want for a product. Same story, different day.

This

It is like ebay sellers that sell a product for $1 then charge $45 shipping to get the $46 they want for a product. Same story, different day.

The Chinese started that. They found a loophole in ebay's fee policy. Ebay was charging seller fees based on the amount the item sold for, minus shipping charges. It didn't take long for some to realize they could avoid a large portion of the fees ny selling a item for $1 + a crazy high shipping. This allow them to pay fees only on the $1.

The Chinese started that. They found a loophole in ebay's fee policy. Ebay was charging seller fees based on the amount the item sold for, minus shipping charges. It didn't take long for some to realize they could avoid a large portion of the fees ny selling a item for $1 + a crazy high shipping. This allow them to pay fees only on the $1.

Ebay hasn't figured that out yet?

Ammo cannot be shipped like a holster or other items. It must be shipped ORM-D which does cost extra.

Dunno if that's correct, Dol?

I have both UPS and FedEX accounts, and there's nothing in the shipment options available to me that cost more, just did theoretical 10 lb shipment using both. UPS Ground had no option for ORM-D. FedEx Groun Home Delivery did,  but the price was same with or without it (I think it might print the additional label is why it's there,  unlike UPS, but can't confirm without actually paying).

And btw, as most always, FedEx Ground was about 10% cheaper than UPS.

- OS

Ammo cannot be shipped like a holster or other items. It must be shipped ORM-D which does cost extra.

Dunno if that's correct, Dol?

I have both UPS and FedEX accounts, and there's nothing in the shipment options available to me that cost more, just did theoretical 10 lb shipment using both. UPS Ground had no option for ORM-D. FedEx Groun Home Delivery did, but the price was same with or without it (I think it might print the additional label is why it's there, unlike UPS, but can't confirm without actually paying).

And btw, as most always, FedEx Ground was about 10% cheaper than UPS.

- OS

I shipped some ammo on our ups acct.
No extra orm-d fees unless they were hidden.

I shipped some ammo on our ups acct.
No extra orm-d fees unless they were hidden.

Only applies to Air shipments as far as I can tell. Just needs the ORM-D label.

Natchez has a pretty succinct statement:

"Ammunition only requires hazardous shipping charges when shipped Air Service - there is no Hazardous Material Charge when shipping Ammunition Ground Service. If you choose to have an order for ammunition shipped by UPS Next Day Air , 2nd Day Air, or 3 Day Select, there will be a $37.50 Hazardous Materials Handling Fee.)"

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

There is no extra charge for shipping ammo other than the weight.  BTW, ORM-D is being phased out for a more UN acceptable designation, at least as far as labelling goes, effective 1-1-2014.

MBB - I? *

* Must Be Banned - Immediately

Actually, I kid. LOTS of stuff falls under the ORM-D classification.

- OS

There is no way I'd pay $20.99 for Remington Golden even if was on the shelf here at Walmart. Hell, I wont buy it period. In my experience that stuff is just bad. Accuracy is for crap in my 77/22. The reports are inconsistent, some sound right and others sound like a CB cap and failure to fire are too common.

There is no way I'd pay $20.99 for Remington Golden even if was on the shelf here at Walmart. Hell, I wont buy it period. In my experience that stuff is just bad. Accuracy is for crap in my 77/22. The reports are inconsistent, some sound right and others sound like a CB cap and failure to fire are too common.

You've shot the "New Improved" GBs? All reports are they are quite up to snuff again.

- OS

No I haven't Mac. Never even heard of the new bullets. Federal bulk worked well for me me so that's all I'd buy. I was so turned off by them that I never gave them a second thought.

Me too, but I'd still grab the new ones if I see them, pickins being what they are.

37652d1348962874-remington-new-improved-

Dunno if packages will keep being marked with the New Improved over time or what.

• Like 1

Me too, but I'd still grab the new ones if I see them, pickins being what they are.

37652d1348962874-remington-new-improved-

Dunno if packages will keep being marked with the New Improved over time or what.

There not "Match" ammo, but there a whole lot better then they were. :2cents:

I normally buy from Midway, but the past several orders have been from other sources because of the shipping costs. When one store ships a half pound item for $15 and another smaller place can ship for $6 it just makes sense to me to save the few bucks.