Black Sabbath / Black Sabbath 13

Wow , going back to my rock roots. Still listening to the likes of Iron Maiden , Alice Cooper , .38 Special , Slayer , Slipknot , Kiss and other great bands of the past still leads me back to my roots of metal ; Black Sabbath.

Not that The Stones , The Who , The Guess Who , Grand Funk and who else are not part of my library but when I first decided to take up the bass ; Gezzer Butler , John Entwistle and Mel Schacher were my idols.

The new Black Sabbath 13 rocks my stereo (IPOD) just as the older ones , for once they have put out a collection that is close to the first 4 presses of vinyl , if you are old enought to recall it. Not that there is a problem with something like Technical Ecstasy or Never Say Die, prob the only mid life band albums I loved prior to the Dio days. Dio days are a different thread.

Regardless , if you are a Sabbath fan of old I think you will be pleased with this release. It's like the days of old although missing Bill Ward ; he says he's too tired and they can't get along. Kind of like when Tony Iommi decided he couldn't play with Jethro Tull anymore back in the 60's , Tony didn't like a leader of a band ; so what about Ozzy ?

" Good Night , We Love You All ! " Edited by Threeeighty
  • Like 4

Rock You Like A Hurricane !

Now your talking hair bands.

HA HA All I remember was awesome drums, guitar, cool voice, and HOTTTTT women in the videos! They really were the first rock group I listened to early in high school. Was always Willie, Waylon, and the boys till then. Still love them all.

I have been an Iron Maiden fan for 28 years. This September 5 I will finally see them in concert for the first time. I'm as giddy as a little schoolgirl.

Steve Harris is one of the fastest fingered bass players I have ever seen , he just released a solo album ( British Lion ) last September.

Run ToThe Hills is a bass player finger fest ! Edited by Threeeighty

Steve Harris is one of the fastest fingered bass players I have ever seen , he just released a solo album ( British Lion ) last September.

Run ToThe Hills is a bass player finger fest !

You're not kidding. That guy is FAST. But Nicko is the reason I play the drums. He is definitely one of the most underrated drummers out there. The guy is GOOD.

• Like 1
I'll have to check it out, sucks that Bill Ward is absent though.

I always thought that Tony and Ozzy got a bit too much credit for the earlier stuff. Yeah they are chief songwriter and front man, but IMO the tightest two were Ward and Butler.
  • Like 1

The other above bands really rock, but Black Sabbath was the original when you think of a heavy metal intro to the music scene. I first heard Sabbath in highschool in 1970 (I'm 58 now) and they just blew us away. A lot of kids didn't care for them, too different, too loud, but then you still had the Beatles, The Beach Boys, and Donnie Osmond on the radio...LOL. But when I first heard Paranoid...I thought, man, that's badass. :rock:

Ah, the memories.  Black Sabbath's Master Of Reality, Grand Funk's live album, and the James Gang Rides Again are 8 tracks I played over and over again in my 62 Chevy during my teens years.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to check out BS13.