Springfield XDs 9mm & 45 Saftey Recall

JohnC

It's back ... ... finally ... along with an extra mag and a sleeve and a cheap plastic case.

But hey, it's back !!! Will be glad to get a chance to put a few rounds down the tube.

But -- but -- FedEx noted, at 7:06 AM today, that delivery would be made "by 8 PM."

That's about as bad as the wait for the repairs !!! With it on the delivery truck at 7:06 AM,

one would think that FedEx could narrow that delivery window from 13 hours to something

a little easier to wait for ... ...

Even with it back, I can find a couple of things to "gripe" about, it seems ...

It's back ... ... finally ... along with an extra mag and a sleeve and a cheap plastic case.

But hey, it's back !!! Will be glad to get a chance to put a few rounds down the tube.

But -- but -- FedEx noted, at 7:06 AM today, that delivery would be made "by 8 PM."

That's about as bad as the wait for the repairs !!! With it on the delivery truck at 7:06 AM,

one would think that FedEx could narrow that delivery window from 13 hours to something

a little easier to wait for ... ...

Even with it back, I can find a couple of things to "gripe" about, it seems ...

Rejoice!! At least you have it!!

Rejoice!! At least you have it!!

True, true.  Sorry yours is "out of line," so to speak.  Maybe it's 'cause I'm such a good feller :x: .

Or maybe they are planning on giving yours some special treatment, taking a little longer ... at least that would make sense.

Hope you get it back soon --- as for mine, my son swooped in, grabbed it and a box of ammo,  and said he'd give 'er a try tomorrow.  So I STILL don't have it ... :shake:

• Like 1

Shot my XDS after the recall and repair... I see no change in the pistol. Still shoots good.

Have put about 200 rnds through it since repair.  Slide randomly doesn't lock back with one of the original magazines.  Pretty much all I can complain about at this time.  Will put another 200 rnds through it over the next couple of weeks for the fun of it :)  

Got mine back today , not mutch diff only prob I'm haveing with it now is the mag release was working fine before sent in now you can't even hardly get the mag release to push in , very hard and I mean hard , it seems to rotate now where before you jest pushed it in and it went in straight. Bummer

Got mine back today , not mutch diff only prob I'm haveing with it now is the mag release was working fine before sent in now you can't even hardly get the mag release to push in , very hard and I mean hard , it seems to rotate now where before you jest pushed it in and it went in straight. Bummer

On empty mag or full one?

All my XDs need a press up on bottom of mag to release easily on full one.

- OS

• 2 weeks later...

Parts can't clear customs.guess they went back to the source of the problem only to have another problem. One would think they could grab a local or US vendor to punch mill and drill whatever doodad they need for this recall. Glad my XDS was a backup. I know what I'm doing for Xmas and it doesn't involve going to Croatia.

Here's the latest shhhcoop:

Due to unforeseen importation delays – caused by the recent government shutdown – we are awaiting receipt of a large shipment of parts that will be needed to complete future upgrades. This frustrating delay may push our return schedule back by approximately two weeks for some customers. But, we remain committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times possible
For additional update information please click the link below to view the full update for the XD-Sâ„¢ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to recall@springfield-armory.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
Another update: http://app.streamsend.com/private/kfeqfyjsdf/Q2G/me4BOj8/browse/20123063

XD-S­™ Recall Update 12/13/2013

Dear Springfield Customer,

We are pleased to report that the delayed parts shipment has arrived, and the schedule provided in our last update remains accurate. We are happy to be upgrading pistols at full capacity, once again!

We are currently working on XD-Sâ„¢ pistols received on Sept. 13 - 17, 2013. Those pistols will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Christmas.
•All XD-S™ pistols received between Sept. 18-23, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Dec. 31, 2013.
•All XD-S™ pistols received between Sept. 24-30, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Jan. 8, 2014.
•All XD-S™ pistols received between Oct. 1 - Nov. 18, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Jan. 31, 2014.
•All XD-S™ pistols received between Nov. 19 – Dec. 6, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners in early Feb. 2014.

Please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

We will continue to keep you informed of our progress.

For additional update information please click the link below to view the full update for the XD-Sâ„¢ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to recall@springfield-armory.com

To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

• 2 weeks later...