Springfield XDs 9mm & 45 Saftey Recall

JohnC

I sent mine in the Monday following the announcement. I REALLY hope to get it back soon, so I can run enough rounds through it to trust it for carrying again.

I didn't realize how much I'd miss it that lil guy until I started carrying a bigger/heavier gun in its place. It's funny that the gun it replaced as my primary EDC was small/light in my eyes until I got used to the XD-S.

Edited by BigK
I've seen on other firearms boards that there is a lot of discussion about an 8 to 12 week turnaround time. Cannot verify if rumor, speculation or truth. With so many being returned I would bet the turn around will far exceed 30 days. Mine was received at return site on 8/30 and I anticipate its return any day. Hope I am not disappointed.
I spoke to a guy at The Nashville Armory on Monday. They had to send back over a dozen 9mm & 45 XD-S.

I know this is a 3rd-hand account by now, but he said a customer came in late last week saying he already had his back. If true, that gives me hope.
Don't have a fix for it yet I called today and thay are testing diff systems to try and find a fix . At least that is what is own the answering machine after you press # 7 about the XDs recall .
Got this in a email today
XD-Sâ„¢ Recall Update 10/04/2013
Dear Springfield Customer,
We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that.
Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipped back to you, an e-mail confirmation with tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.
If you still have further questions please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-Sâ„¢ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to recall@springfield-armory.com
To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

420 West Main Street Geneseo IL 61254 USA
www.springfieldrecall.com | recall@springfield-armory.com
Sales and Support: +1 (800) 680-6866 here is the latest link on the recall http://springfieldrecall.com/Recall%20FAQ.asp Edited by ted

And a free extended magazine for or trouble.

I've read some posts on XDTalk that say some people didn't get an email offering a free magazine. Some just got the update about the fix and the date. So, I wonder if everyone will get a free magazine or only those who sent theirs in early?

Looks like they are starting to ship them back today....With increased trigger pull.

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp

XD-Sâ„¢ Voluntary Safety Recall Update Status
Updated 10/18/2013
  This information applies only to XD-Sâ„¢ pistols in the serial number ranges below

Springfield 3.3 XD-Sâ„¢ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700 
Springfield 3.3 XD-Sâ„¢ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-Sâ„¢ pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis. 

In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.

We have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to customers quickly, and we are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times possible. For now, we are unable to provide specific return shipping date ranges, but we do expect to share more information next Friday after we've had a full week to gauge how efficiently we will be able to complete this process.

When upgrades are finished on individual firearms, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-Sâ„¢ recall. And as a token of our appreciation for our customers' patience and support, we will also be enclosing an XD-Sâ„¢ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

As we reported last week, our engineers have redesigned the grip safety and created more positive engagement between the sear and striker on the upgraded XD-Sâ„¢ pistols. Our solution delivers the advantages of a smoother and more consistent trigger feel with just a slightly increased trigger pull. We chose this option based on the two most important attributes to self-defense firearm owners - safety and reliability - and we are confident that our customers will be extremely pleased with their upgraded pistols.

We want to again express our deep gratitude to all of our valued customers for their loyalty to Springfield Armory®. 

Please click the FAQ link in the red bar on top of this page to view our updated FAQ. 

This Springfield XD-Sâ„¢ Recall Update will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates. 

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-Sâ„¢ until the upgrade has been performed.

To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

Edited by TripleDigitRide
I got a letter today informing me of the recall. After 6 emails to the crusty Croatians I finally was sent a fed ex link. I should have asked them to make me a you tube video explaining how to dis assemble and pack and ship this monster of a firearm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.