Favorite TV shows

Guest Revelator

Anybody ever catchan episode of 'The MiddleMan"?

It's a cheesey X-files/Men In Black type comedy. Saw it on TV last night but didn't catch the station.

It's pretty good. It's based of the "Middle Man" Graphic novels Published by Viper Comics.

Les McClaine does the art and has been advising on the set. It's geared more toward a younger age. My oldest (11) likes it. It's on ABC Family Channel. I like it. A good show to watch with your kids.

He also has a creator owned title called Johnny Crossbones that is going to be published by Darkhorse sometime next year. (I hope!) Meanwhile you can read it online.

Les is a super talented artist as well as known in comics as a really nice guy. So That is one reason I am raving about him and "Middle Man". I like it when good things happen to good people! :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

Old favorites:

-NCIS

-The Unit, if it's back

-Two and a Half Men

Two new ones I'm thinking about:

-Sons of Anarchy

-My Own Worst Enemy

I like anything that has to do with science. Nova could be enlivened, but it's still good. Nature has its moments too.

NCIS is pretty good. Probably my favorite network show.

Unlike the majority, I think The Unit sucks big time. Hokey as hell. Hated it from the first show. But I still tune in the first few minutes occasionally to see if it has improved. So far it hasn't. Badly acted soap opera with guns.

Big Bang Theory is great and reminds me of a lot of the folks I work with.

24 is ridiculous to the point of not being entertaining. I like to stretch reality, not ignore it. Again, too much of a soap opera.

I love baseball and football, except playoffs. I won't watch money building playoffs.

Watch mostly the History Channel and Discovery.

The only real series I watch right now is "Burn Notice" on USA.

It's campy, witty, reminds me a little of teh old Miami Vice in ways,

plus it has Bruce Campbell in it! :D

I've watched...

• Scrubs

• BBC's "The Office" (When it was on.)

• The Office

• BBC's "Extras" (on DVD)

• Showtime's "Dead Like Me" (Excellent writing)

• Really Liked "Johnny Bravo" (Cartoon network)... Hilarious!

• Samurai Jack (Cartoon Jack) More for the art and layout than story.

• Watched some of "Eureka"... but not really a fan of it.

• Any old Twilight Zone when ever I stumble across it! :D

With the fall season coming up, what are you looking forward to on the television? Or in general what do you like watching?

I don't care at all for network television, but I am totally pumped for the 2nd season of Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles. I really enjoyed the first season and can't wait to see what happens next.

Outside of that it's Sportscenter and Animal Planet.

On DVD I've been watching The Wire, starting from the beginning. I never watched it when it was on HBO. Some people called this the greatest tv show ever; I don't know if I would go that far but it is an excellent program and unlike anything you'll see on tv. Great acting, great writing, and it really makes you think about life in an American city.

For classics, it doesn't get any better than Miami Vice.

Just remembered a couple more...

Dallas SWAT and I'm looking forward to "Sons of Anarchy" too.

Burn Notice and Miami Vice are the shiznit! I'm dying for the last season of the shield and Sons of Anarchy look good. I love Ron Perlman.

Past:

Deadwood (when it was on) Have all three seasons on DVD, but still watch the reruns on HBO.

Dead Like Me (when it was on)

Current:

The Unit A little hokey sometimes, but like the characters.

NCIS Mark Harmon not playing his usual "pretty boy".

The Tudors Never liked the period, but the kids got me into this one.

Californication Best show currently on. "Hank Moody" , what can I say.

NCIS Mark Harmon not playing his usual "pretty boy".

I know a number of real people who are like Harmon's character. Very real to me. Smart. Independent. But still within the lines. BTW, they kinda' act like a "pretty boy" when they work. But those around them know what is really going on.

As I said it's my favorite show. They must have some great advisors to pull it off.

I know a number of real people who are like Harmon's character. Very real to me. Smart. Independent. But still within the lines. BTW, they kinda' act like a "pretty boy" when they work. But those around them know what is really going on.

As I said it's my favorite show. They must have some great advisors to pull it off.

Mars,

Just to make sure, you did see the "not" in my sentence.

While I've always liked Harmon, he has a tendency to take the "pretty boy" parts.

However, his character on this show, makes the show. If he had stayed "retired" a couple of seasons ago, I would have probably quit watching it.

Guest superdrew4000

Abc family. My Wife and I love this show.

Anybody ever catchan episode of 'The MiddleMan"?

It's a cheesey X-files/Men In Black type comedy. Saw it on TV last night but didn't catch the station.

CSI, with them replacing Grissom with Laurance Fishburne it might get really interesting.

CSI Miami, Going to watch this long enough to see how they catch Wolfe tied up in Cane's shooting.

CSI New York, only good thing to come out of new york. JK But Sinse can act.

NCIS, well I have been hoping they would can Tony for years, it just makes me mad they canned David, and Mcgee also. I also was going to stop watching it if Mark Harmon quit.

Cold case, eh it's ok

Criminal minds, This show is full of bull but entertaining most of the time.

The unit, I watch sometimes, just to watch the full autos and snipers.

Oh and Shark. I like seeing how much trouble that dip can get into.

also a few others but you get the idea. Cop shows, I like to see how far they will push before getting into silly crap that doesn't work.

Edited by dralarms

While I've always liked Harmon, he has a tendency to take the "pretty boy" parts.

However, his character on this show, makes the show. If he had stayed "retired" a couple of seasons ago, I would have probably quit watching it.

It would help if you want to make a point to post in a standard script rather than obnoxious weird stuff. You want to make a point or an affectation? Of course I can correct that that, if you like.

It would help if you want to make a point to post in a standard script rather than obnoxious weird stuff. You want to make a point or an affectation? Of course I can correct that that, if you like.

I'm not trying to make a point OR an "affectation". I was merely trying to clear up what I thought was a misreading of my original post. I don't need for you to correct anything for me, thank you just the same.

If you don't like the choice of fonts, take away the choice. If you don't like the post, don't read it. Other than that, I couldn't care less.

I work 2nd shift so I'm religiously hooked on Nash Bridges reruns every morning. They show 2 episodes every day and at that pace, I can watch all 6 seasons in a couple months. Yes, it is a little hokey like The Unit,but I find it amusing. I know that San Fransisco does not sell fully auto EBRs in gun stores, but it makes for an entertaining storyline. Like I said, I like The Unit, also a little hokey, but entertaining. I like Heroes. Obviously ficticious, but still entertaining. I like the Big Bang theory for my comic relief. Saving Grace has peaked my interest in a trailor park cop chick kind of way also. Trashy women are interesting especially when they are LEOs. Other than that, Andy Griffith is my all time favorite classic. B&W, not color. Finally, the Dog Whisperer is very educational for me.