Any interest in a TGO range day at the OK Corral in Woodbury? (Oct 19th is the day @ roughly 0900)

~(edit) The TGO range day at "The OK Corral" will be October 19th starting at 0900 until ? or until everyone is completely out of ammo  :usa: ~

I've not had the opportunity to meet very many TGO'ers and have been thinking of a way to do so. Woodbury is in Cannon county just outside of Rutherford county (about 15-20 minutes outside of Murfreesboro). I know we have a lot of folks in Murfreesboro and Smyrna as well as several other towns in close proximity so I think this would make a great meet up location. 

For those unfamiliar with the "OK Corral" range it offers the following 

- An enclosed shoot house looking over a 200yd rifle range. Shoot house has I believe 10 benches and a large bench along the back wall to place your things not in use.

- Enough pistol range (mostly covered) for half the TGO membership (not really but there is a ton of space since he recently tripled or quadrupled the previous amount)

- A top notch voice activated trap machine positioned so that you are shooting out over a valley (very nice scenery).

- A pit that allows you to set up and shoot forwards and to both sides safely what they call the "assault rifle pit"

- A rimfire pistol reactive target area.

The price is $5 from sun up til sun down (skeet are additional) and is the most relaxing and "away from it all" setting of any shooting range i've been to.

Chime in if you are interested in doing this and we'll go from there, i'm up for it no matter if only a few or quite a few join in.

Edited by Luke E.
  • Like 1

Somebody better coordinate with the management on this. The last time I went to shoot rifles, the MTSU Police Dept had the entire 200 yard rifle range. They had tents set up near the 200 yard berm and were shooting pistols. As this range gets more popular, conflicts like this will occur unless planned ahead.

Somebody better coordinate with the management on this. The last time I went to shoot rifles, the MTSU Police Dept had the entire 200 yard rifle range. They had tents set up near the 200 yard berm and were shooting pistols. As this range gets more popular, conflicts like this will occur unless planned ahead.

I can run out there and iron things out with them when we get a date firmed up. I've never run into an issue like that but I could definitely see the potential for it.
I would prefer it be on a Saturday if at all possible but if that doesn't work for others I can do Sunday but won't be out until after church. As a matter of fact, I don't believe they even allow shooting until noon on Sundays. I'll check on that tomorrow.

Oct 19thor 20th is good, if I get a vote I would like the 20th.

Red, the 19th works best for me because of church Sunday and I want to say they don't open until noon on Sundays. If Sunday turns out to be the day everyone has available I'll just join in when I can get there (that is if they open before noon)

Looks like we have plenty of interest. I'll try to get up there sometime between now and the weekend and chat with him about it. It might be that we could reserve half the rifle range benches or something along those lines if we're worried about not having the access we want for this gathering, just something to ensure we don't show up and find some group has the whole thing taken up. I'll just plan on waiting until at least Friday before giving him a for sure date to make sure everyone has a chance to weigh in on the exact date.

i will be out there again tomorrow with my friend, welcome who ever wants to come.  be there around 9:30am  before rain gets in.

I was planning to run out there to ask them about whether or not any of the ranges would be completely taken up in a couple of weeks when we talked about going so I may meet up with you and shoot a bit. I'll pm you my number.

I typed this out yesterday but I guess I never hit "post".

I talked to the folks at The OK Corral yesterday about any possible area closures on the 19th. I told her that a group of folks from the gun forum I am part of would like to come out but were concerned that groups could have parts of the places rented out, She said that they had nothing on the calender for that day and went ahead and marked it down that we would be coming so that nothing would be scheduled. She asked if I wanted her to reserve us anything in particular but since I figured folks would be shooting pistols, shotguns and rifles I told her I didn't think so but she did tell me that if I changed my mind to just come by or give her a call. If anyone thinks we need to have anything reserved then please let me know and I will get in touch with her but she said that Saturdays are very much less crowded than Sundays, especially if we came out in the morning.

I got to do a bit of shooting with Sonny and a couple of his friends and asside from it being unseasonably hot for October we had a good time. Enjoyed meeting you fellas and look forward to meeting more of you on the 19th.

• Like 1

Sign me up.

I will plan to get out there by 9am (unless anyone wants to get out there earlier than that). I guess sometime between now and then we'll need to settle on some way to locate one another as cell service can be fairly sketchy out there of course it is't like the place is so big that we couldn't figure it out on the fly.