Cool video of bobcat eating a gut pile.

WOW, that is cool.

Bobcats are very allusive / secret and are very seldom seen by most people much less this video. I've only seen one wild Bobcat in my 60+ years. I wouldn't be surprised if that cat escaped a wildlife rehabilitation center or was someone's pet based on how tame it appeared. It appeared to be healthy, well fed and accustomed to humans.

• Like 1

I've seen bobcats but its always brief. Usually crossing a road then gone.

Anyone know how to age bobcats? Young? Never imagined that was possible. Maybe rescued by a human as a cub?

The only bobcat I've ever seen in the wild was chowing down on road kill on the side of I-26 late at night in Unicoi County. 

As for aging them?  Can't really do it visually once they're full size.  I think teeth are the best measure but if you get that close a live one, you've probably got bigger concerns.  :)

• Like 2
How freaking cool is that?! Anti-hunters who are against "anything left to rot" should see this. If it weren't for this hungry little guy something else would have been along promptly I'm sure to put the rest of the animal to good use. Pretty amazing to see natures clean up crew in action.

"It's the cirrrcle, the circle of life..."
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Guest Bonedaddy

We've been seeing a rather large black cat at Kettlefoot.

Sure don't look like no kitty kitty kitty, either.

The one I shot several years, ago, was near black and beautiful. Had very few light markings on'm and 'bout the size of a blue healer dog 'cept thinner and he wasn't near the biggest I've seen 'round here. Saw one cross the road that was a tall as a coon hound. Had another, when I was sneekin' 'round a pond bass fishin', come out of a den hole and stepped out on the trail right in front of me and never looked my way. He had no idea I was standin' not 5 feet from'm. He just looked left and walked off without a care in the world. They and foxes are all over the place 'round here. A buddy shot one sittin' on an oak limb lookin' at us when we were tree rat snipin' and had planned to get it mounted till I discovered that my puppy had unplugged my outdoor freezer, he was storin' it in, 'bout a week too late. Lost the cat and two big bass that I had planned to mount. Had to get rid of that freezer. I almost passed out when I first opened it after discovering it was unplugged.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been getting any good deer pics so I pulled one of my cameras yesterday and put it on a carcass of a deer my brother shot this past weekend. Took some tie wire and wired it all to a tree. Set camera to video so maybe I'll get something cool like this for my little boy to see.