My new EDC Ruger LCP!

whitewolf001

Well, I finally got me a pocket pistol I can carry at my main job now too, a Ruger LCP for $190OTD, then I bought an extra mag for it, a Tagua rubberized pocket holster, and a box of Fiocchi 90gr JHP. Then later in the day a shipment came in and I split a box between me and my buddy that owns the shop and the guy who does our gunsmithing for some Barnes TAC-XP rounds. I am just absolutely tickled with it, though I don't usually approve of carrying an unproven weapon, I just feel so much better at work knowing I've got the lil rascal on my person!

• Like 1

I regularly carry an LCP. I prefer to carry FMJ ammo in it, They are great guns for their intended purpose.

I've had one for several years now, and it's the one I go to first if I'm going out where I can't easily carry my others.

I usually carry fmj rounds, and have found the Prvy Partisan to be a good choice for mine. They seem to be a little hotter tan some of the other brands I've tried.

Oh...Congrats on getting one. My second choice since I don't have a Seacamp.

Edited by hipower

Something I noticed about mine, it came with a factory Ruger mag but it says made in Italy and judging from the finish it's probably an ACT mag but the spare I bought is made in the USA and has a matte finish compared to the Italian gloss finish(which is why I think it's an ACT as that is kind of thier thing), just an observation I made.

Congrats on the purchase. That's been my primary EDC for about 4 years now, mostly front pocket carry.

I've had good luck with PPI and WWB. Also had good luck with Aguila hollow points. My primary defensive load these days is Winchester Ranger T and the gun has never had a malfunction on it.

• Like 1
Guest Skyline034

I just purchased a "Gen 2" 2013 model LCP with slightly upgraded sights and that little thing is a beast! I cleaned it and threw 150 rounds down the tube with zero malfunctions. I was surprised at the accuracy of this thing at 15 feet. I honestly expected a larger group out of that tiny little barrel. It's on par with my higher priced Sig P238 and seems to be less picky with hollow point ammo as I can't get the P238 to feed Critical Defense reliably. That poly rubber tip nosedives on the feed ramp and hangs up. Posted Image

Congrats on the purchase. That's been my primary EDC for about 4 years now, mostly front pocket carry.

Same here. I keep Cor-Bon Pow-r Ball in mine. Same shape as FMJ but in a hollow point. Good for expansion plus they're not supposed to clog thru heavy clothing.