Football team loses 91-0 and sues for being bullied

It would have been more insulting to just take knees and not keep going.

We truly live in the Bubble Wrap generation.

Kids need to know they will not always win.  Hell, my grade school was so small we could barely field a basketball team. We had some real natural talent but the lack of players available to fill the slots didn't help.

Needless to say, our school did not fair well either.

Still, I am glad I didn't grew up in the bubble wrap generation.  I wouldn't be the man I am now if I had.  I know life isn't fair.

Sorry, but this is an ignorant statement. Stop being a dork? I get the point of saying bullying is an overused term...as it is in this garbage lawsuit, but dimissing all kids who are bullied is a bold statement.

Yeah, this isn't bullying, this is just whining at best. Go cry me a river.

Tell that to the graves of kids who have killed themselves because nobody would do a damned thing about it.

Fair enough. My statement was directed at events like the one highlighted here, not legitimate victims of bullying. I did not mean to belittle those victims who were driven to suicide by hopelessness and bullies. I should have phrased that somewhat differently. These dorks who scream "bullying" at the drop of a hat were my intended targets. Edited by CCPT

If I was on the losing team, I'd be pissed. Now, not only are they not very good, the whole world *knows* that they're not very good *and* that they're bad losers.

Ok , lets not blame the kids of the losing team for anything. they knew they were going up against a top notched team going into the game yet they probably played their hearts out even in a losing effort. It is not the players doing the whining. It is a parent who is a poor loser. In many cases it is the parents today that make it difficult for Kids to play sports. You hear all to often how parents will jump on little league coaches and actually pick fights with them. It's not the kids but the parents that need to be corrected for their actions.......jmho

IMHO, this is nonsense and the father needs to get a life.
Kids need to learn they will not always win, that is a fact of life. Are we creating a generation of wimps? Sometime in a childs life they will need to learn to stand up for themselves in what they do, either right or wrong. Every time there is a conflict it isn't always bullying, it is the real world.
I played football for a small high school that tried to play in the higher divisions. Four years and our best record was we went 4&4 one year. I think we lost one time to riverdale by sixty points or more. It's just a life learning experience. I still fondly remember those days, even though we sucked.

Ok , lets not blame the kids of the losing team for anything. they knew they were going up against a top notched team going into the game yet they probably played their hearts out even in a losing effort. It is not the players doing the whining. It is a parent who is a poor loser. In many cases it is the parents today that make it difficult for Kids to play sports. You hear all to often how parents will jump on little league coaches and actually pick fights with them. It's not the kids but the parents that need to be corrected for their actions.......jmho

Yeah, fair enough. I'll change it to the world *thinks* that they're bad losers. I pity the poor kid of that father. Hopefully his team-mates will rise above taking it out on him.

Fair enough. My statement was directed at events like the one highlighted here, not legitimate victims of bullying. I did not mean to belittle those victims who were driven to suicide by hopelessness and bullies. I should have phrased that somewhat differently. These dorks who scream "bullying" at the drop of a hat were my intended targets.

Such is text. Things don't always come out the way we intended. I agree with your updated statement.

Yeah, this isn't bullying, this is just whining at best. Go cry me a river.
Tell that to the graves of kids who have killed themselves because nobody would do a damned thing about it.

It seems to me that the big bullying debate always hinges around social media not team sports. I don't see any reason for anyone under 18 to have any type of social media. I have never had an account with any of the social media outlets and don't miss it. If parents are truly worried about their children being bullied, then they shouldn't allow their kids to engage in any of the social media outlets.
That being said, i don't have any use for a bully and in my experience they will always find a way to humiliate anyone they can.
The coach in this instant did a good job of trying to minimize the embarrassment to the other team, but was unable to because his team out classed the other so badly.