ltch question out of state?

none

I have looked at the faq section,  Does any one know at what point you would be considered a resident in TN?  I know TN honors my ltch but I am wondering at what point I will have to obtain one from TN.   It would seem that as long as  I own real estate in my home state I should be ok with carrying in TN while in transission?

Thanks ever one
I

I have looked at the faq section, Does any one know at what point you would be considered a resident in TN? I know TN honors my ltch but I am wondering at what point I will have to obtain one from TN. It would seem that as long as I own real estate in my home state I should be ok with carrying in TN while in transission?

Thanks ever one
I

Do you live here? Do you have a driver's license issued from TN?

Do you live here? Do you have a driver's license issued from TN?

no at present I have an Indiana operators license and a Indiana ltch we have a license to carry a handgun, here it is legal to cc or open carry because the law is silent on method of carry and simply states license to carry.

Thanks

• Like 1
^^^ What he said. I suppose you could chance it and continue to drive and carry on your IN permits, but it would be breaking the law. Hard to prove, but from experience I can tell you that cops may try to gig you on that. They tried getting my wife on that one and had to be explained how the law works for military stationed in Tennessee. I don't think it is too far fetched for a cop to figure out that you are in fact a resident if he stops you.

You are considered a resident of TN once you establish a residence and start living in the state.  From that date, you have 6 months to get your TN Handgun Carry Permit.  You can carry on your Indiana carry permit during that 6 month time.

Info ==> http://www.tn.gov/safety/handgun/reciprocity.shtml

I think this is a "can be" considerd a resident depending.  For example, renting a house to attend college but actually living in another state, you remain a resident of your true home state.   I forget how long you can work/live in another state without changing it, but there is some leeway there as well, say your job rented you a home for 2 months while you did a contract, then you went back home... maybe that is 6 months too but I think *maybe* it can be extended beyond that sometimes (???). 

I am not sure, but I *think* if your intention is to return to your "home" state you can avoid having to change residence twice over a job related work contract or something, but again, it may take filling out some sort of form or something.  ???  I really don't know how that works over the long term.

http://www.tn.gov/sos/election/residency.htm

As far as I can tell reading that, if you INTEND to return to your "HOME" you can remain not a resident so long as its not obviously being misused as a tax dodge or something....  but official guidelines are not LAW>

Edited by Jonnin

You are considered a resident of TN once you establish a residence and start living in the state.  From that date, you have 6 months to get your TN Handgun Carry Permit.  You can carry on your Indiana carry permit during that 6 month time.

Info ==> http://www.tn.gov/safety/handgun/reciprocity.shtml

Thank you that was what i was looking for.  So while in process of moving there I will have a six month grace period

• 1 month later...
Remember you asked:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson's_Station,_Tennessee

Thompson's Station, Tennessee
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thompson's Station is a town in Williamson County, Tennessee. The population was 2,194 at the 2010 census, up significantly from 1,283 in 2000. It is the location of two places listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places: the Jacob Critz House and the Thomas L. Critz House.

History
The first settlers arrived in what is now Thompson's Station in the late 18th century. The community was originally known as "White House," but changed its name to "Littlebury" in 1836.[1] After the arrival of the railroad in 1855, Dr. Elijah Thompson donated land for a town and train station, and the community was thus renamed for him.[1]

On March 5, 1863, during the Civil War, the Battle of Thompson's Station was fought, with Confederate forces led by General Earl Van Dorn defeating Union forces under Colonel John Coburn.[1]

The community voted to incorporate in August 1990. David Lee Coleman was chosen as the first mayor.[1]

Geography[edit]
Thompson's Station is located at 35°47′55″N 86°54′26″W (35.798670, -86.907341)[5]. It is approximately 25 miles south of Nashville, just south of Franklin, and just north of Spring Hill. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 14.7 square miles (38 km2), all land.

Demographics[edit]
As of the census[3] of 2000, there were 1,283 people, 447 households, and 375 families residing in the town. The population density was 87.2 people per square mile (33.7/km²). There were 473 housing units at an average density of 32.2 per square mile (12.4/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 91.19% White, 7.01% African American, 0.16% Native American, 0.55% Asian, 0.62% from other races, and 0.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.57% of the population.

Thompson's Station United Methodist Church
There were 447 households out of which 40.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.2% were married couples living together, 6.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.9% were non-families. 14.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.87 and the average family size was 3.17.

In the town the population was spread out with 26.8% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 31.0% from 25 to 44, 26.8% from 45 to 64, and 9.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 102.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.4 males.

The median income for a household in the town was $66,875, and the median income for a family was $70,568. Males had a median income of $50,337 versus $31,528 for females. The per capita income for the town was $24,143. About 4.1% of families and 4.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.3% of those under age 18 and 12.6% of those age 65 or over.

A special census was taken by the Town in June, 2008 and the new census of 1,723 residents was certified by the State of Tennessee on June 30, 2008. No demographic data was obtained in this census. Another special census was launched in November 2013.

Education[edit]
Thompson's Station Public Schools are part of Williamson County Schools. The Williamson County School District has twenty-four elementary schools, nine middle schools, and nine high schools.

Schools located in Thompson's Station include:
Independence High School and Summit High School for grades nine to twelve.
Heritage Elementary and Middle School for grades Kindergarten to eighth grade

Dr. Mike Looney is the Superintendent of Schools.[6]
  • Like 1
[ quote name="rugerla1" post="1078829" timestamp="1387024672"]My in-laws live there and I love it, not cheap, but beautiful.[/qu

o
what's cheap? Not wanting to be rude but we are about 45 miles from the state of Chicago sarcasim intended. We have the following real estate taxes state and county state and county income taxes. Etc property taxes alone are about 3500 a year. So yes we are voting with our feet.

Fairview is ultra cheap and not too far from Thompson station.  Franklin and Brentwood are super expensive.  We moved from Brentwood to Fairview earlier this year and love it, in addition to saving a ton of money.

Edited by Sam1
Funny but have done that already. That's fine for general info but its not going to tell you danger danger you wading into the shallow end of the gene pool. Case in point when we moved here we were looking at homes our realtor did not tell us by the way you don't want to live in starke county. On the web Knox Indiana looked great. Until you started asking questions.

Lesson here before you go ask people who live there they have nothing to lose by being honest.