Sarah Palin speech at RNC

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest betobeto

This girl can dish it out:D. She is everything we have needed and more. She has more balls than Mr. O ever wished he had. And when Obama attacks her, you can coun't on every woman to come to her defense and vote her in with John. Man O Man she has me fired up about being on the RIGHT.......

• Administrator

It was a good speech and I'm a supporter ... but I got bored of the one-liners and coy remarks about Obama. It was kind of like watching Mike Tyson work over the highschool bully. Sure, she kicked his ass but after a while you just want to see the heavyweight stop smacking around the punk ass kid. Y'know?

:hat:

I think she did really well. Lot of good zingers. We will see what the "media" says about her today.

Biden this morning was being interviewd by Matt Laur and he was saying she never discussed the issues, the economy, health care etc. What he didn't realize was this was her coming out party, this was her time to show the world that she is not a in the background and a figure head, she is a player in this and to get the party fired up. Looks as if she suceeded at that.

Time will tell, I'm sure the national media will say she reads well, but she had a lot in that speeh and delivered it with confidence.

I don't think Joe Biden wants to debate her...or if he does once, he won't do it again..LOL. he'll make her mad and she'll take the gloves off and serve his butt. It WAS her coming out party, so to speak.

For one thing, Palin is a MOM and will look at things from a mother's viewpoint...so she'll be able to empathize with working mothers. Conservative women will take a good look at her and then support her with their vote.

I think when her family came up on stage, and she took her baby, well..that sealed the deal right there.. just change their clothing and you have a frontier family...well..mebby not but I could SEE the family dynamic there. it was great!

of course Biden say's "she didn't talk about the issues"... that old smegmahead is in trouble.

Guest nraforlife

Its a deep fly ball to deep center field. Its going, going, gone, Sarah Palin has put one out of the park.

Hope she gets Biden to blow up during their debate. Would be great to see him meltdown on air.

It was a fun speech, but there were far too many zingers and not a lot else.

She mentioned that "bridge to nowhere" thing again. I don't think I would do that. She stopped the project but kept the earmarked funds. That didn't help my tax burden.

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed7/idUSN3125537020080901

Palin "bridge to nowhere" line angers many Alaskans

Mon Sep 1, 2008 10:44am EDT

By Yereth Rosen

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - It garnered big applause in her first speech as Republican John McCain's vice presidential pick, but Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's assertion that she rejected Congressional funds for the so-called "bridge to nowhere" has upset many Alaskans.

During her first speech after being named as McCain's surprise pick as a running mate, Palin said she had told Congress "'thanks but no thanks' on that bridge to nowhere."

In the city Ketchikan, the planned site of the so-called "Bridge to Nowhere," political leaders of both parties said the claim was false and a betrayal of their community, because she had supported the bridge and the earmark for it secured by Alaska's Congressional delegation during her run for governor.

The bridge, a span from the city to Gravina Island, home to only a few dozen people, secured a $223 million earmark in 2005. The pricey designation raised a furor and critics, including McCain, used the bridge as an example of wasteful federal spending on politicians' pet projects.

When she was running for governor in 2006, Palin said she was insulted by the term "bridge to nowhere," according to Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein, a Democrat, and Mike Elerding, a Republican who was Palin's campaign coordinator in the southeast Alaska city.

"People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' ... and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting," Weinstein said.

Palin's spokeswoman in Alaska was not immediately available to comment.

National fury over the bridge caused Congress to remove the earmark designation, but Alaska was still granted an equivalent amount of transportation money to be used at its own discretion.

Last year, Palin announced she was stopping state work on the controversial project, earning her admirers from earmark critics and budget hawks from around the nation. The move also thrust her into the spotlight as a reform-minded newcomer.

The state, however, never gave back any of the money that was originally earmarked for the Gravina Island bridge, said Weinstein and Elerding.

In fact, the Palin administration has spent "tens of millions of dollars" in federal funds to start building a road on Gravina Island that is supposed to link up to the yet-to-be-built bridge, Weinstein said.

"She said 'thanks but no thanks,' but they kept the money," said Elerding about her applause line.

Former state House Speaker Gail Phillips, a Republican who represented the Kenai Peninsula city of Homer, is also critical about Palin's reversal on the bridge issue.

"You don't tell a group of Alaskans you support something and then go to someplace else and say you oppose it," said Phillips, who supported Palin's opponent, Democrat Tony Knowles, in the 2006 gubernatorial race.

A press release issued by the governor on September 21, 2007 said she decided to cancel state work on the project because of rising cost estimates.

"It's clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island," Palin said in the news release. "Much of the public's attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here."

She's going to have to do more than a comedy act and instead talk issues. I wasn't impressed.

• Administrator

It's funny, Mars. I've been saying those exact same things to people all morning here at work and on a couple of other forums.

Rudy did all of the heavy hitting last night that was needed from the podium. He did a fine job of beating down the Obama / Biden ticket. Palin really only needed to spend about 10 minutes of her speach addressing the bull**** claims that the Dems and Liberal media have been lodging against her. After that, it would have been better use of her time (and ours) if she had started addressing the issues and telling us what she and McCain plan to do to turn things around.

I think we all agree that this country needs some CHANGE. But as Rudy pointed out, there is GOOD change and then there is BAD change. Obviously we want GOOD change, so I want to know how this GOP ticket plans to set it into motion. Let's hear about the foreign and domestic policy changes!

After a while her barbs and one liners started to bore me. It was like watching a Dennis Miller segment. Sure, she let loose with some intellectual right hooks but at the end I was left with the impression that I had just witnessed a smart person make a dumb person look... well... dumb.

Lots of spark, not much fire. :hat:

It's funny, Mars. I've been saying those exact same things to people all morning here at work and on a couple of other forums.

Rudy did all of the heavy hitting last night that was needed from the podium. He did a fine job of beating down the Obama / Biden ticket. Palin really only needed to spend about 10 minutes of her speech addressing the bull**** claims that the Dems and Liberal media have been lodging against her. After that, it would have been better use of her time (and ours) if she had started addressing the issues and telling us what she and McCain plan to do to turn things around.

I think we all agree that this country needs some CHANGE. But as Rudy pointed out, there is GOOD change and then there is BAD change. Obviously we want GOOD change, so I want to know how this GOP ticket plans to set it into motion. Let's hear about the foreign and domestic policy changes!

After a while her barbs and one liners started to bore me. It was like watching a Dennis Miller segment. Sure, she let loose with some intellectual right hooks but at the end I was left with the impression that I had just witnessed a smart person make a dumb person look... well... dumb.

Lots of spark, not much fire. :hat:

I can agree with that to a point, but like I mentioned, this was her coming out party, this was her first speech ever to the nation. She needed to come out and show what type of person she is other than the hot Governor from Alaska. She needed to let the nation know what type of person she is on a personal level. There is plenty of time to get down to actual plans for the economy, for healthcare, for energy, etc. She also needed to not ignore all the crap that Obama's campaign has put out towards her, all the crap the liberal media has put out towards her. She showed that she is a bulldog, is not scared to go against the media, the democrats or anyone else. She did that. I will say it again, this is her first speech, there will be plenty more and they need to cover the issues, but this one was perfect timing. I have been listening to stuff all morning and a lot of people, who were not very excited about the Republican party for various reasons, are excited now. And that is a good thing.

So, I do agree with you, not much fire towards the issues, but she did seem to have lit a fire under many republicans and I would go ahead and bet many independent, conservative, undecided, disenfranchised voters that otherwise would have not voted for a McCain and ____ ticket nor for Obama/Biden.

FYI for those that missed it.

Transcript of Palin acceptance speech

'I accept the challenge of a tough fight,' she says, accepting VP nomination

The Associated Press

updated 10:33 p.m. CT, Wed., Sept. 3, 2008

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The remarks, as prepared for delivery, of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin in her address to the 2008 Republican National Convention accepting the party’s vice presidential nomination.

Mr. Chairman, delegates, and fellow citizens: I am honored to be considered for the nomination for Vice President of the United States...

I accept the call to help our nominee for president to serve and defend America.

I accept the challenge of a tough fight in this election... against confident opponents ... at a crucial hour for our country.

And I accept the privilege of serving with a man who has come through much harder missions ... and met far graver challenges ... and knows how tough fights are won - the next president of the United States, John S. McCain.

It was just a year ago when all the experts in Washington counted out our nominee because he refused to hedge his commitment to the security of the country he loves.

With their usual certitude, they told us that all was lost - there was no hope for this candidate who said that he would rather lose an election than see his country lose a war.

But the pollsters and pundits overlooked just one thing when they wrote him off.

They overlooked the caliber of the man himself - the determination, resolve, and sheer guts of Senator John McCain. The voters knew better.

And maybe that's because they realize there is a time for politics and a time for leadership ... a time to campaign and a time to put our country first.

Our nominee for president is a true profile in courage, and people like that are hard to come by.

He's a man who wore the uniform of this country for 22 years, and refused to break faith with those troops in Iraq who have now brought victory within sight.

And as the mother of one of those troops, that is exactly the kind of man I want as commander in chief. I'm just one of many moms who'll say an extra prayer each night for our sons and daughters going into harm's way.

Our son Track is 19.

And one week from tomorrow - September 11th - he'll deploy to Iraq with the Army infantry in the service of his country.

My nephew Kasey also enlisted, and serves on a carrier in the Persian Gulf.

My family is proud of both of them and of all the fine men and women serving the country in uniform. Track is the eldest of our five children.

In our family, it's two boys and three girls in between - my strong and kind-hearted daughters Bristol, Willow, and Piper.

And in April, my husband Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the world, a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. From the inside, no family ever seems typical.

That's how it is with us.

Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ... the same challenges and the same joys.

Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.

And children with special needs inspire a special love.

To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.

I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House.

Todd is a story all by himself.

He's a lifelong commercial fisherman ... a production operator in the oil fields of Alaska's North Slope ... a proud member of the United Steel Workers' Union ... and world champion snow machine racer.

Throw in his Yup'ik Eskimo ancestry, and it all makes for quite a package.

We met in high school, and two decades and five children later he's still my guy. My Mom and Dad both worked at the elementary school in our small town.

And among the many things I owe them is one simple lesson: that this is America, and every woman can walk through every door of opportunity.

My parents are here tonight, and I am so proud to be the daughter of Chuck and Sally Heath. Long ago, a young farmer and habber-dasher from Missouri followed an unlikely path to the vice presidency.

A writer observed: "We grow good people in our small towns, with honesty, sincerity, and dignity." I know just the kind of people that writer had in mind when he praised Harry Truman.

I grew up with those people.

They are the ones who do some of the hardest work in America ... who grow our food, run our factories, and fight our wars.

They love their country, in good times and bad, and they're always proud of America. I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town.

I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better.

When I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too.

Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.

And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.

We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.

As for my running mate, you can be certain that wherever he goes, and whoever is listening, John McCain is the same man. I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment.

And I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone.

But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country. Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reasons, and not just to mingle with the right people.

Politics isn't just a game of clashing parties and competing interests.

The right reason is to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it.

No one expects us to agree on everything.

But we are expected to govern with integrity, good will, clear convictions, and ... a servant's heart.

I pledge to all Americans that I will carry myself in this spirit as vice president of the United States. This was the spirit that brought me to the governor's office, when I took on the old politics as usual in Juneau ... when I stood up to the special interests, the lobbyists, big oil companies, and the good-ol' boys network.

Sudden and relentless reform never sits well with entrenched interests and power brokers. That's why true reform is so hard to achieve.

But with the support of the citizens of Alaska, we shook things up.

And in short order we put the government of our state back on the side of the people.

I came to office promising major ethics reform, to end the culture of self-dealing. And today, that ethics reform is the law.

While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for.

That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay.

I also drive myself to work.

And I thought we could muddle through without the governor's personal chef - although I've got to admit that sometimes my kids sure miss her. I came to office promising to control spending - by request if possible and by veto if necessary.

Senator McCain also promises to use the power of veto in defense of the public interest - and as a chief executive, I can assure you it works.

Our state budget is under control.

We have a surplus.

And I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending: nearly half a billion dollars in vetoes.

I suspended the state fuel tax, and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress.

I told the Congress "thanks, but no thanks," for that Bridge to Nowhere.

If our state wanted a bridge, we'd build it ourselves. When oil and gas prices went up dramatically, and filled up the state treasury, I sent a large share of that revenue back where it belonged - directly to the people of Alaska.

And despite fierce opposition from oil company lobbyists, who kind of liked things the way they were, we broke their monopoly on power and resources.

As governor, I insisted on competition and basic fairness to end their control of our state and return it to the people.

I fought to bring about the largest private-sector infrastructure project in North American history.

And when that deal was struck, we began a nearly forty billion dollar natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence.

That pipeline, when the last section is laid and its valves are opened, will lead America one step farther away from dependence on dangerous foreign powers that do not have our interests at heart.

The stakes for our nation could not be higher.

When a hurricane strikes in the Gulf of Mexico, this country should not be so dependent on imported oil that we are forced to draw from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

And families cannot throw away more and more of their paychecks on gas and heating oil.

With Russia wanting to control a vital pipeline in the Caucasus, and to divide and intimidate our European allies by using energy as a weapon, we cannot leave ourselves at the mercy of foreign suppliers.

To confront the threat that Iran might seek to cut off nearly a fifth of world energy supplies ... or that terrorists might strike again at the Abqaiq facility in Saudi Arabia ... or that Venezuela might shut off its oil deliveries ... we Americans need to produce more of our own oil and gas.

And take it from a gal who knows the North Slope of Alaska: we've got lots of both.

Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems - as if we all didn't know that already.

But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all.

Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we're going to lay more pipelines ... build more new-clear plants ... create jobs with clean coal ... and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal, and other alternative sources.

We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers. I've noticed a pattern with our opponent.

Maybe you have, too.

We've all heard his dramatic speeches before devoted followers.

And there is much to like and admire about our opponent.

But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate.

This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed ... when the roar of the crowd fades away ... when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot - what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger ... take more of your money ... give you more orders from Washington ... and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world. America needs more energy ... our opponent is against producing it.

Victory in Iraq is finally in sight ... he wants to forfeit.

Terrorist states are seeking new-clear weapons without delay ... he wants to meet them without preconditions.

Al Qaeda terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America ... he's worried that someone won't read them their rights? Government is too big ... he wants to grow it.

Congress spends too much ... he promises more.

Taxes are too high ... he wants to raise them. His tax increases are the fine print in his economic plan, and let me be specific.

The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes ... raise payroll taxes ... raise investment income taxes ... raise the death tax ... raise business taxes ... and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars. My sister Heather and her husband have just built a service station that's now opened for business - like millions of others who run small businesses.

How are they going to be any better off if taxes go up? Or maybe you're trying to keep your job at a plant in Michigan or Ohio ... or create jobs with clean coal from Pennsylvania or West Virginia ... or keep a small farm in the family right here in Minnesota.

How are you going to be better off if our opponent adds a massive tax burden to the American economy? Here's how I look at the choice Americans face in this election.

In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.

And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.

They're the ones whose names appear on laws and landmark reforms, not just on buttons and banners, or on self-designed presidential seals.

Among politicians, there is the idealism of high-flown speechmaking, in which crowds are stirringly summoned to support great things.

And then there is the idealism of those leaders, like John McCain, who actually do great things. They're the ones who are good for more than talk ... the ones we have always been able to count on to serve and defend America. Senator McCain's record of actual achievement and reform helps explain why so many special interests, lobbyists, and comfortable committee chairmen in Congress have fought the prospect of a McCain presidency - from the primary election of 2000 to this very day.

Our nominee doesn't run with the Washington herd.

He's a man who's there to serve his country, and not just his party.

A leader who's not looking for a fight, but is not afraid of one either. Harry Reid, the Majority Leader of the current do-nothing Senate, not long ago summed up his feelings about our nominee.

He said, quote, "I can't stand John McCain." Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps no accolade we hear this week is better proof that we've chosen the right man. Clearly what the Majority Leader was driving at is that he can't stand up to John McCain. That is only one more reason to take the maverick of the Senate and put him in the White House. My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery." This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer.

And though both Senator Obama and Senator Biden have been going on lately about how they are always, quote, "fighting for you," let us face the matter squarely.

There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ... in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ... and that man is John McCain. In our day, politicians have readily shared much lesser tales of adversity than the nightmare world in which this man, and others equally brave, served and suffered for their country.

It's a long way from the fear and pain and squalor of a six-by-four cell in Hanoi to the Oval Office.

But if Senator McCain is elected president, that is the journey he will have made.

It's the journey of an upright and honorable man - the kind of fellow whose name you will find on war memorials in small towns across this country, only he was among those who came home.

To the most powerful office on earth, he would bring the compassion that comes from having once been powerless ... the wisdom that comes even to the captives, by the grace of God ... the special confidence of those who have seen evil, and seen how evil is overcome. A fellow prisoner of war, a man named Tom Moe of Lancaster, Ohio, recalls looking through a pin-hole in his cell door as Lieutenant Commander John McCain was led down the hallway, by the guards, day after day.

As the story is told, "When McCain shuffled back from torturous interrogations, he would turn toward Moe's door and flash a grin and thumbs up" - as if to say, "We're going to pull through this." My fellow Americans, that is the kind of man America needs to see us through these next four years.

For a season, a gifted speaker can inspire with his words.

For a lifetime, John McCain has inspired with his deeds.

If character is the measure in this election ... and hope the theme ... and change the goal we share, then I ask you to join our cause. Join our cause and help America elect a great man as the next president of the United States.

Thank you all, and may God bless America.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The more I get into the Bridge to Nowhere thing, the more interesting it becomes. While the bridge was to connect Ketchikan with the 50 people or so on Gravina Island, no one ever mentions that there is something else on that island - Ketchikan's airport. Isn't that "somewhere"?

Check http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/22/alaska.bridge.ap/

She was probably right that the bridge was too expensive, after the federal earmarks (our tax dollars) were pulled. Ferries still work and their upkeep is probably a lot less than the $398 million the bridge would have cost.

But Palin didn't say "thanks, but no thanks", to the bridge funding as she asserts. With exposure, Congress pulled the plug on any more earmarks for the project. The rest of the money would have come from state coffers and she wouldn't go along with that.

She flip-flopped on the project after additional federal funding was pulled. I see no evidence that she opposed earmarks, but just had a change in heart after it became politically advantageous.

I hope this choice for VP doesn't blow up on the Republicans.

Right now, we have the bridge thing, hiring lobbyists to get earmarks while mayor, the Highway Patrol brother-in law thing, threatening to fire the city librarian for not pulling "offensive" books, her wanting to teach Creation "Science" in schools, and I'm sure some more stuff I'm not recalling at the moment. I wonder what else they will dig up?

Of course the VP does pretty much nothing of importance, so who is chosen doesn't really matter except for hopefully getting some more votes. I just hope Palin continues as a positive influence in vote getting. But you can bet that Biden will use this against her in debates trying to portray her as a hypocritical religious zealot. I'm not sure that zingers will work there.

The more I get into the Bridge to Nowhere thing, the more interesting it becomes. While the bridge was to connect Ketchikan with the 50 people or so on Gravina Island, no one ever mentions that there is something else on that island - Ketchikan's airport. Isn't that "somewhere"?

Check http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/22/alaska.bridge.ap/

She was probably right that the bridge was too expensive, after the federal earmarks (our tax dollars) were pulled. Ferries still work and their upkeep is probably a lot less than the $398 million the bridge would have cost.

But Palin didn't say "thanks, but no thanks", to the bridge funding as she asserts. With exposure, Congress pulled the plug on any more earmarks for the project. The rest of the money would have come from state coffers and she wouldn't go along with that.

She flip-flopped on the project after additional federal funding was pulled. I see no evidence that she opposed earmarks, but just had a change in heart after it became politically advantageous.

I hope this choice for VP doesn't blow up on the Republicans.

Right now, we have the bridge thing, hiring lobbyists to get earmarks while mayor, the Highway Patrol brother-in law thing, threatening to fire the city librarian for not pulling "offensive" books, her wanting to teach Creation "Science" in schools, and I'm sure some more stuff I'm not recalling at the moment. I wonder what else they will dig up?

Of course the VP does pretty much nothing of importance, so who is chosen doesn't really matter except for hopefully getting some more votes. I just hope Palin continues as a positive influence in vote getting. But you can bet that Biden will use this against her in debates trying to portray her as a hypocritical religious zealot. I'm not sure that zingers will work there.

I'm willing to bet that when they see A. alaska's economy was better when she left it than when she found it, b. she DID shake up the state government, and C. she's an everyday American that takes advantage of the opportunities she's been given, then I don't think much of what he says will matter. after all..biden has MANY more skeletons in his closet..better to not throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

she'll have the advantage I think.

I'm willing to bet that when they see A. alaska's economy was better when she left it than when she found it, b. she DID shake up the state government, and C. she's an everyday American that takes advantage of the opportunities she's been given, then I don't think much of what he says will matter. after all..biden has MANY more skeletons in his closet..better to not throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

she'll have the advantage I think.

I hope you are right. But Alaska is Alaska. They have a reverse tax that actually pays you every year from oil money for being a resident. No other state does that. That's why one of my Army buddies kept his Alaska residency after leaving Anchorage. They have an automatic revenue stream that isn't tied to the economy, as in other states. No one is going to stop buying liquor or gasoline. :hat:

Guest Natosha

A little off topic, but did anybody notice when her husband gave the baby to their youngest daughter to hold, and she was licking her palm and using it to smooth down the baby's hair? LOL!!! I got a huge kick out of that, it was SO CUTE!!!!

I like Palin. I actually went to the local republican headquarters to get some signs for my yard! I have never been so interested in an election. :hat:

A little off topic, but did anybody notice when her husband gave the baby to their youngest daughter to hold, and she was licking her palm and using it to smooth down the baby's hair? LOL!!! I got a huge kick out of that, it was SO CUTE!!!!

My wife and I both rolled :rofl::rofl: ! That was pretty sweet. Overall, I give her a B on the speach. An A+ for performance, an A for Humor and a C for Content. I do however understand that as others have pointed out, this was her "Coming Out" speach and that there is still plenty of time for the "Issues" but man would it have been nice to see a politician for once ignore all of the BS the media and opponants bring up and just stick to the issues. Just my :2cents:. Overall, I do feel good about McCains choice and like her so far. She definately brings some dynamics to the otherwise ho hum ticket.

I like Palin. I actually went to the local republican headquarters to get some signs for my yard! I have never been so interested in an election. :rofl:

Way to go!, :2cents:

I like Palin. I actually went to the local republican headquarters to get some signs for my yard! I have never been so interested in an election. :rofl:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFt-BTi8jI[/ame]

:2cents: