Trying to play the Walmart .22 game

I've continued purchasing a few boxes every time I see ammo on the shelf but I haven't had time to  shoot very often this year.  If the price is more than I want to pay, I don't need it as I've got an adequate supply of most calibers now.  I don't have time to go to walmart every week to see the empty ammo shelves.

I stood in line for six hours because I needed the ammo. I was number one in line. If, any .22 ammo had come in, I would have gotten some. But... none, not one round came in. There is a shortage on up the pipeline somewhere. Believe me, I felt your frustration after waiting so long. I, like everyone else, would like to be able to just walk into Wal Mart and leisurely buy all of the .22LR I want off of the shelves. Unfortunately, we have to work at it to get the .22 ammo these days. Everyone has surplus time these days...just check the traffic at all times of the day... it's hectic! If everyone were at work, there wouldn't be that much traffic all day long.

I understand your frustration, but your last sentence above labeled everyone standing in line as "resellers". While I feel there probably are a few, I feel most are just like me...wanting some .22 to take home, so they don't feel guilty when they shoot a few rounds. I buy some and shoot some. Hope you're able to be number one in line before long, and are able to score three big boxes of .22LR of your choice.

I wasn't trying to imply that you were a reseller. If you took it that way I apologize. I have no issue with anyone standing in line for something they want/need. I was responding to your assertion that reselling ammo was justifiable in any way as a business model. I strongly disagree and still wish scorn, ridicule, financial ruin and herpes on anyone who buys ammo just for the purpose of jacking the prices and reselling.

• Like 1

The 'game' is a ridiculous one.  :down:   I think someone from early in the thread suggested WM or Academy stamp their .22lr boxes all over.. Let me be one of the one's to say - "I'll buy their stamps and ink for them if they do."   :up:   Let's see how long this shortage goes on if that would ever actually happen, we'd be back to some decent stocks within a few weeks I bet.  :rock:

Edited by sigrug17
  • Like 1

I wasn't trying to imply that you were a reseller. If you took it that way I apologize. I have no issue with anyone standing in line for something they want/need. I was responding to your assertion that reselling ammo was justifiable in any way as a business model. I strongly disagree and still wish scorn, ridicule, financial ruin and herpes on anyone who buys ammo just for the purpose of jacking the prices and reselling.

No worries Major Kong. If whatever the hang up in the supply line is, would get fixed, there would be ammo on the shelves in all the stores...and all this discussion would be moot! Guess we can always hope for the best.

• Like 1

Came back from Wal-Mart a little while ago with the wife's present. They had a bunch of Blazer .22 on the shelf and a couple Tula .45.  I wanted to buy 3 of the blazer and both the .45's but no the 3 box limit is 3 total, not 3 by caliber. That sucks. I put back one blazer and took one Tula in it's place. at $15.57 per box the tula is almost the same as shooting brass 9mm.

Came back from Wal-Mart a little while ago with the wife's present. They had a bunch of Blazer .22 on the shelf and a couple Tula .45.  I wanted to buy 3 of the blazer and both the .45's but no the 3 box limit is 3 total, not 3 by caliber. That sucks. I put back one blazer and took one Tula in it's place. at $15.57 per box the tula is almost the same as shooting brass 9mm.

94user, this is off the subject...But, I used to live in a house that was demolished to build that Wal-mart on the site, many years ago...if it's the one on 51North. Right behind the house was a cotton field...that's where the Wal Mart building and parking lot went in.

Sorry you couldn't get all of the ammo you needed. I wish we all could. Not sure if we'll see those days again anytime soon! May have something to do with all of that hope and change!

Walmart in Chattanooga would NOT sell my wife and I our 3 boxes of ammo per customer. They said we are a group and would not sell us each our allocation. Manager came by and said they are trying to put a stop to the hoarders and families buying everything up. I like their idea, but it came at honest peoples expense.