Budsgunshop

Andyshowfan

More like the more expensive the rifle, the more shipping insurance costs. Insurance is stupid high on any of the carriers.

Yup. Lots of places charge shipping by cost of the order rather than weight. Sportsman's Guide is good example.

- OS

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1125007" timestamp="1394907497"]Yup. Lots of places charge shipping by cost of the order rather than weight. Sportsman's Guide is good example. - OS[/quote] I order from Sportsmans Guide all the time. Their shipping cost is indeed based on total order price, however it is capped at $19.95 no matter how much you spend, unless you order something excessively large or heavy which is marked in the catalog as requiring a special freight charge. I have received many orders from them which spanned 3-6 large cartons and weighed hundreds of pounds, yet never paid more than $19.95 for shipping, and I often get free shipping by using their many discount codes. I strongly dislike sites with high shipping costs, especially when they are not proportional to the actual shipping costs. I rarely order from MidwayUSA for this reason. Love their selection, but most of their prices are moderate to high, and their shipping is always high.
  • Like 1

I order from Sportsmans Guide all the time. Their shipping cost is indeed based on total order price, however it is capped at $19.95 no matter how much you spend, unless you order something excessively large or heavy which is marked in the catalog as requiring a special freight charge. I have received many orders from them which spanned 3-6 large cartons and weighed hundreds of pounds, yet never paid more than $19.95 for shipping, and I often get free shipping by using their many discount codes. ...

Yeah, SG really is aces for their shipping practices, and also for returns. It and Amazon really are the exemplars for overall shipping/returns/customer service in those regards.

- OS

[quote name="jh225" post="1124940" timestamp="1394896581"]Never heard of them before this thread, but based on this.................... Shipping cost start at for firearms & goes up from there depending on location: [b]Hand Gun[/b][b]:[/b] [b] Call for pricing [/b] [b]Long Gun[/b][b]:[/b] [b] $1.00 - $500 = $30[/b][b] [/b] [b] $500- $1,000 = $40[/b] [b] $1,000 & up call for shipping cost [/b] Shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous. Oh, so you want to order a rifle that costs $1500, no problem. Go directly to rip-off shipping charges, do not pass go.[/quote] Before judging them, you may want to actually compare the total price to your ffl vs the others. I will put my money on them in most cases. Also, go find another store that has 50-60 Coopers and Dakota's in stock and out to look at. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Hozzie
I guess I'm in the minority but I can't wait. I don't order a lot online except receivers anyway, and even those are starting to appear on shelves a locally at decent prices. I go out east a few times a year and visit SMKW, now I'll have a huge gun store to visit as well, awesome!

I hate spending more out of pocket than I have to, just like anyone else, but I won't sweat the savings typical on online deals, I'd rather have it in front if me and paw all over it while deciding if I want to buy it, that's worth a few extra bucks on its own.
  • Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority but I can't wait. I don't order a lot online except receivers anyway, and even those are starting to appear on shelves a locally at decent prices. I go out east a few times a year and visit SMKW, now I'll have a huge gun store to visit as well, awesome!

I hate spending more out of pocket than I have to, just like anyone else, but I won't sweat the savings typical on online deals, I'd rather have it in front if me and paw all over it while deciding if I want to buy it, that's worth a few extra bucks on its own.

Bud's online savings are (were) a lot more than a "few bucks". I saved over $400 on the last two pistols I ordered from Bud's & that's including the transfer fee & BGC. That's enought to buy a 4th pistol or a crap load of ammo. I've traded some locally & at shows, but as far as purchasing goes, I've bought more pistols online than from GS & private sellers because that's where the real deals were.

One positive thing I can say about Bud's is the appreciation they show for LEO & military. Bud's has a great LEO & military discount which will help a lot of guys save money.

Bud's online savings are (were) a lot more than a "few bucks". I saved over $400 on the last two pistols I ordered from Bud's & that's including the transfer fee & BGC. That's enought to buy a 4th pistol or a crap load of ammo. I've traded some locally & at shows, but as far as purchasing goes, I've bought more pistols online than from GS & private sellers because that's where the real deals were.

One positive thing I can say about Bud's is the appreciation they show for LEO & military. Bud's has a great LEO & military discount which will help a lot of guys save money.

I love buds, but rarely buy from them online... 9/10 times I find it cheaper elsewhere.  Sometimes I don't, but most of the time I do.  grabagun.com is good and so is kygunco.com.  If those two are not cheaper they at least have it in stock and it is still a bargain to order and pay a transfer fee.  I sometimes buy from budspolicesupply.com though so that will probably not happen anymore.  There is another online retailer from Ky I used to buy from but can't remember the name of it.  

Edited by jeremy155rr
  • 4 months later...