iPhone front glass broke... -_-

Popsicle sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I'm 50/50 on that.... It's the internet so there's pretty good possibility you're joking right now... on the other hand, it IS the internet and you could be completely serious right now... plus it's an iPhone, if a 9 year old in Shanghai can put it together I think I can take it apart.

I'm 50/50 on that.... It's the internet so there's pretty good possibility you're joking right now... on the other hand, it IS the internet and you could be completely serious right now... plus it's an iPhone, if a 9 year old in Shanghai can put it together I think I can take it apart.

Buddy, I've broken my iPhone screen and rear plate 4 times now, becuase I refuse to have it in the otterbox and I have kids. I ordered the apple toolkit off amazon along with various faceplates and changed them myself. It isn't as hard as it seems, but you need to dedicate a couple hours to doing the process whilst watching YouTube videos the first time.

The iPhone screens on amazon run around $30 from china. I can't remember the cost of the apple kit but it wasn't that bad. It doesn't take many tools to do it, but those really cheap kits ($5) have crappy tools that will strip and leave you screwed.

ETA: The cheapo faceplates on Amazon are not apple quality, but they aren't bad. They scratch much easier, but I intend to break my screens before the scratching is an issue. If you are more careful with your stuff there is a company that sells the actual OEM faceplates for around $100 online. I can't remember the site, but it was something like iPhone DIY or something. Edited by TMF

I just used one of the cheap kits and didn't have any problems.. if you're mechanically inclined at all you shouldn't have any problems.. I just did a search on ebay for "iphone replacement screen kit" and bought one of them..

I bought one good one and a crappy one. The crappy one had the Phillips head strip out about half way through reassembly. They are fine for a one time deal, but if you intend to do this multiple times it pays to get the higher quality stuff.

A lot of techs use Popsicle sticks on i phone repairs If you get a kit use what they give u.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Popsicle sticks won't help on those super small pentalobe screws. The kits also include guitar picks which work well also. Those plastic pry tools are really good to use once use start popping out the internals, but they get destroyed easy during the process.

as the others have said, most replacement glass/digitizers come with the tools.  iPhones are pretty straight forward, and plenty of youtube videos to walk you through it.

The only advice I would give would be to watch the videos completely through before rewinding and going through yourself.

Go to YouTube and search for "Phone Doctor". They put up how to videos that are clear and easy to follow. You can buy the parts & tools from them or send them your device for repair. We just sent our daughter's iPod Touch to them because of shattered screen. It was $79 to replace. Haven't gotten it back yet so can't comment on workmanship.

I replaced a cracked screen on my old Ipod touch for roughly $50, Had to get a frame as well since the old one came apart while I was taking the old screen out. It is easy, just watch a couple videos on youtube before you begin and follow the instructions carefully. The tools they sent me ( weren't no pop-sicle sticks) plastic tools, Yet youdon't want to use anything metal when taking them apart aside from the screws.

Works fine, though i might just have to upgrade to a newer ipod since mine's kinda out of date.

I bought one good one and a crappy one. The crappy one had the Phillips head strip out about half way through reassembly. They are fine for a one time deal, but if you intend to do this multiple times it pays to get the higher quality stuff.

That is because they used Phillips screwdrivers instead of JIS screwdrivers.

JIS screws look like Phillips but have a dot indented next to the cross.

Japanese motorcycles and electronics use these screws. Everyone b!+€hes about the swisscheese screw heads stripping out when they are really using the wrong tool for the job.

.... yeah, I know, another tool to buy. :(

Edit: JIS = Japanese Industrial Standard Edited by Currently