Electronic Ear-Pro recs?

Not sure what you are looking for but the Peltor muffs I have filter the shotgun pretty well...and I can hear people speaking really well even while at the indoor range...they have functioned well outdoors shooting every thing from pistol rounds to 7.62x54...

I have the Peltor Tactical 7S (NRR 24). I like them, but they do get in the way of a good cheek weld a little bit. I usually don't mind, but if I'm going to be shooting long guns for a long time, I'll switch over to plugs + low-profile earmuffs. When I'm shooting real close to someone else who is shooting larger calibers (esp. indoors), I'll put plugs on under the Peltors and turn up the volume a little. Does a good job then of cutting down the gunfire while still allowing me to hear normal conversations.

When I want to get REALLY quiet, I use plugs plus some 3M muffs from Home Depot with a 32 NRR. Not electronic, but great protection.

Edited by monkeylizard

i also have used a pair of these...you can tell from the photo they are low/thin profile...NRR on these are 22...protection from anything over 82 dB (85 is when hearing loss begins)

http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/impact-sport--2

I have a pair of these too, but the Calwells work better for me. I think its a lot more about fit than quality, though. If I dink around with the Leights, I can make them work.  

Edited by mikegideon

Maybe I'll just double up lol. Certainly don't want my hearing to get worse and if the the slim electronics can amplify talking above my Surefire plugs, then I can live with that...now I just gotta decide between Caldwell or Peltor for the price, or jump up to the MSA Sordins. For those that have tried the Sordins, what is the big difference the Supreme Basic (analog) and Supreme Pro-X (digital)? Am I at a disadvantage for wanting to save $100 to get the basics?

Edited by PolePosition