ATI polymer lowers. Opinions?

SingleStack

Have any of you guys handled these plastic lowers from ATI?

I want to start a new build, a super light pistol.

The price is realy what got me interested but being from that part of NY i think it would be cool to have one marked

Rochester NY.

Are they any good?

I think i seen them at the last gun show for around sixty bucks.

Are there any other alternatives for that cheap?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this helps but I've got a lower from plum crazy and one from frontier. Both polymer, the plum crazy is a complete polymer kit.the trigger feels pretty damn good and I've had zero issues with either. The frontier has a cmmg lpk in it w some trigger work and it's fine.Both are part of AR pistols and they beat my expectations. I was skeptical at first but I would buy the same thing again. I don't know of and have not heard of anyone having one melt jam or self destruct during normal use. Don't know how they would hold under sustained full auto but it would be interesting to find out.Knowing we now have a neighbor in TN making them I may try one of his in a ultra light 3 gun build. It looks promising!!!
Hope this helps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
I've got 3 New Frontier polymer lowers and haven't got anything bad to say about them. Haven't tried an ATI though. I think the polymer lowers in general are fine for what most people actually use their ARs for, if you want a light weight, low cost range gun then you'll be in good shape.

Never heard of ATI before I bought one of their uppers on a black friday special. Nobody on their forum section on the AR15 forums could tell me who made the bolt carrier group or specs on it.

Which probably explains why I had never heard of them.

Edited by Refleks

Never heard of ATI before I bought one of their uppers on a black friday special. Nobody on their forum section on the AR15 forums could tell me who made the bolt carrier group or specs on it.

Which probably explains why I had never heard of them.

How was the quality?

I wouldn't touch one based on what I've read. 

I'd look into this - http://www.tnarmsco.com/

I've been following it on another forum and it appears to be very promising.  The owner has a lot invested, is knowledgeable, and is working hard to learn and improve on his product.

Those look great and the price is unreal.

Ill be at the gun show next weekend. if i see one ill pick it up.

How was the quality?

The rail was a Troy Alpha so that was good. Someone on another forum mentioned that they think the barrel is mossberg though it has no branding on it.

So far it's run ok, but due to ammo cost I've only put 3 magazines through it thusfar.  I'm ok with it, I have another BCG I can throw in if it acts up but I just like to know the specs for my own peace of mind.  Was a great price so that's why I went in blind.

I have an Omni have run as a pistol for about six months or more.

The fit just wasn't quite right on lower (tried 3), have to smack punch or bullet to pop the takedown and pivot pins even after shooting and moving pins back and forth a lot. Maybe would have loosened up eventually, dunno.

That's minor, but , the channel for the rear takedown spring/detente was too narrow to put them in there. I used small drill bit to ream it out a tad until they would slide in (just worked it by hand), but after a while, small section of forward part of the channel broke out -- still works but you can see part of the spring in there from outside.

Just  replaced the lower with the CMT TGO one, gonna see if ATI will swap it after 1st of the year, probably see about selling the new one cheap if they will.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot