Santa's work is finished.

NoBanStan

It's 1am and Santa has already come and gone. He had a much faster trip this year as my son didn't request Legos. Poor ole Santa was up till 4am assembling the piles of Ninjago, only to see them destroyed within the hour. I think there are still tear stains on the rug from that one.

Now that my daughter is 2 1/2, we're in full on Christmas spirit mode. It's wonderful watching them light up at the thought of the season and i'm grateful that at their core, they understand that Jesus is at the root of Christmas and not just boxes and material things.

My son is 7 this year and I fear he may discover the secrets of the north pole this coming year. He's started asking the Bass Pro Santa (yup, we take them there yearly) to answer questions like "where do I live? what is my name?" etc. but for now, I'll just relive the magic of my childhood through him and hope that it's as wonderful for him as it was for me. Perhaps one day I'll be able to see grandchildren share the same joy.

I hope the holidays are wonderful for all of you and especially for the little ones I know you all hold so dear!!!

P.S. Miss you dad

• Like 7
Oh your post reads so much like our home, just change Dad to mom, and its the same here including the Ninjago. We have boys ages 9, 8, 4, and 1. What took hours to assemble, only took 10 min to unwrap and enjoy. We did start something new last year, instead of the shotgun blast approach to opening packages, we draw names to who opens packages 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. This way we can see the excitement of each child and each present.

Merry Christmas to all! Edited by Runco
[quote name="Runco" post="1083971" timestamp="1387974295"]Oh your post reads so much like our home, just change Dad to mom, and its the same here including the Ninjago. We have boys ages 9, 8, 4, and 1. What took hours to assemble, only took 10 min to unwrap and enjoy. We did start something new last year, instead of the shotgun blast approach to opening packages, we draw names to who opens packages 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. This way we can see the excitement of each child and each present. Merry Christmas to all![/quote] That's the we my family always has fine Christmas. We just had dad pass out the gifts and everyone watches each individual open their gift. It can be tough for young hyperactive types like I was but it slows the chaos a bit and helps make the day more memorable I think.

Well it is just my wife(fell and hurt her foot, boot and crutches, not to bad)

Our son (23) still a sleep, and me.

All is quite for now.

I do remember the days of the rush to open the gifts.

Latter we go out and shoot.

I personally miss the family get-togethers that we had every year at the grandparents homes. All the family would gather there and enjoy the granny-home-cooked meal, pass around presents to the little ones, then give my grandparents their gifts.

Alas, those days, like my grandparents and parents are gone. But the memories are still with me, and always will be.

Merry Christmas to all.

• Like 2

My wife and me , oops I mean Santa , was up till 1:30 am this morning putting togather a 3 story doll house for our 6 yr old daughter. We started at 9 p.m. LAST NIGHT !!!!! It was so aggravating. My wife said  " you fix all our cars and put guns together and take them apart but why cant you put this thing together ? " . Oh lawd Jesus LOL 

• Like 2

I can remember when Santa came to our house when my boys were small and Santa had to assembly toys and the most aggravating thing was when you ran into their not being a part in the box required to assemble the toy and you had to begin improvising  parts to finish the toy. I don't know if the toy companies have gotten any better over the years with making sure all parts are included since I have not had to play Santa in many years now............. :popcorn: :popcorn:

I make my daughter assemble her own LEGOs, that is half the fun. She has practically every Star Wars set that has come out short of the $150+ ones.

The only thing I can think of in eight Christmases I ever assembled was her bike.

I come from a big family, so Christmas was always a day long event with all of us kids tearing packages open, then spending the day with each other, and ending at my cousin's house where all us boy cousins the same age would have a sleep over. We weren't allowed to open gifts until sunup. And everyone had to be awake.

I get frustrated now, because my wife is worse than a child about Christmas. I kid you not, my daughter woke up at 3am and came into our bedroom and says "Santa was here!" and my wife is up and dressed standing at the door screaming at me like a vicious demon because I wouldn't get out of bed so we could open the presents RIGHT THEN!

Well, I'm gonna say that I miss those days, my boys are 15 and 19(soon to be 20), except now instead of building toys, its either basketball this or vr6 this or vw that.. but I think that's definitely a good thing, we raised them right fellas and there's no way we can deny it.. Sooner or later it will be their turn to experience the joys we experience, the ups and downs of life, all we can do now it try to enjoy the moments the most we can..