Looking for a military surplus store, suggestions?

Luke E.

Greenes military here in donelson is ok but it's mostly all newer surplus and also prices are kinda high so your best bet would be Clarksville imo

This is an under statement to say the least.

I have been in 2 times, prices are for new stuff, very little "surplus",

and proud of what they have.

Okay... disregard the pm then.. I'm guessing since you were joking that the item you spoke of is quite pricey?

Dummy parachute setup was like 200-250, Great center piece for the I love me wall. Flag, awards, dressed up mannequin or for those late nights of getting drunk with my paratrooper buddies doing Parachute Landing Falls off picnic tables at o'dark thirty.. 

Luke, just skip Freidmans it's not what it used to be. Mostly china junk and a few old surplus clothing. There is a place called Greens Military in donaldson, but haven't been there. I have had bad luck with these stores in Nashville. Used to be a big one in Crossville that was good. I've wanted to go to Clarksville to check a few of those out.

MM is right. Freidman's has been a waste for several years.

The Clarksville route is probably the best way to go. A lot more driving, but more selection available to you.

In Clarksville, as mentioned above, these things are everywhere. So long as you can get on the Ft. Campbell side and boot hill area you shouldn't even need a gps...never been to one, so I can't give any recommendations. Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon.

Eagles of War near Ringgold Rd and Pack Rats in New providence are my two favorites. However, just about every indoor flea market sells surplus.

Dave

THere's a milsurp store at the junction of hwy 231 and hwy 25. This would be 45 minutes north of Murfreesboro.

Gregintenn is correct.

Shadow Warrior Military Surplus-- 515 TN Hwy 25-- that's at the intersection of Hwy 25 and US 231-- about 15 minutes north of Lebanon-- take ya about 45-50 minutes to get there and it's a straight shot up 231.

Their phone number is (615) 374-4229. They've been there for many years now.

There's also a surplus store on nolensville rd by the fairgrounds in nashville mostly uniforms a few surplus containers and cans nothing to rave over but they may have something of interest. They do have a rack of TM manuals by the door but that's it think gun show table w no guns or ammo just junk in case this place comes up during your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Speaking of army surplus, why are ammo cans so damn high now?50 cal. Ammo cans are $20 +. , they used to be $5 to $8 .Is there a shortage of them?

Just way too many of us talking about them and wanting more...so the price is going up. Whatever the traffic will bear.

Well we ended up in Clarksville today. Because of the women in our lives change of plans and iPhone Siri's piss poor navigating skills we got up there later than I wanted to find that many of the shops were closed on Saturday or closed sometime before we got there. My brother in law was able to find the exact jacket that he'd been looking for and for about half the price that he'd been finding on eBay so I suppose the trip was a win. The best one that we went to was the Eagles of War that DaveS suggested and we tried to hit up Pack Rats and it was one of them that was closed but looked like a good one. The name of the other 3 slip my mind right now but i'll think of them eventually, we saw so many that they all kind of run together. I did see enough that I would like to make another trip sometime when I can spend the whole day in the area.

There's always been plenty of them around and still are.I don't see a shortage of them

I agree. I didn't say there was a shortage. It's just sellers trying to make a profit on an item that has high interest from potential buyers.

But...another thing adding to this is that the guy I've bought from tells me that no matter how many he gets, some of his biggest sales come from others wanting to buy and resell. Salvage stores, flea market stores, GUN stores, etc.

So prices get inflated as they spread thru the market place.

• Like 1

I guess they are going up, and overpricing their self like ammo.Just saying I never saw a shortage of ammo boxes like ammo or anything else. Just couldn't figure out why the price shot up.

I saw a shortage of boxes on hand right after the shooting and I reckon that was enough. A friend and I decided that we'd wait in line at the Nashville show along that time and I swear every other person that walked out the door was toting at least one ammo can, like they were giving them out at the door as parting gifts or something. Everyone I saw after shops and vendors resupplied seemed to have a considerable price increase attached to them. I love finding ammo cans of all shapes and sizes and other storage surplus but the pick jump has about broke me of dragging any to the house.

I agree. I didn't say there was a shortage. It's just sellers trying to make a profit on an item that has high interest from potential buyers.

But...another thing adding to this is that the guy I've bought from tells me that no matter how many he gets, some of his biggest sales come from others wanting to buy and resell. Salvage stores, flea market stores, GUN stores, etc.

So prices get inflated as they spread thru the market place.

Yeah sounds like these are the next thing to charge 3 prices for like ammo.

Hahah that's funny parting gifts! I'll bet a lot of those cans went to " the ammo hoarders" .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

The funniest one I saw coming out was a woman carrying 7 50cal cans... Now granted they don't way much but anyone that's ever tried carrying two in one hand knows that it's kinda awkward so just picture a fairly short woman trying to get to the car with 7 of them. She dropped one and while trying to get it scooped back up she dropped 3 more and then her load was more to her capacity. I would have been a gentleman and helped her get them to her car but that was a crazy line and there was nothing that was going to get me out of it just to have to start over.

Well we ended up in Clarksville today. Because of the women in our lives change of plans and iPhone Siri's piss poor navigating skills we got up there later than I wanted to find that many of the shops were closed on Saturday or closed sometime before we got there. My brother in law was able to find the exact jacket that he'd been looking for and for about half the price that he'd been finding on eBay so I suppose the trip was a win. The best one that we went to was the Eagles of War that DaveS suggested and we tried to hit up Pack Rats and it was one of them that was closed but looked like a good one. The name of the other 3 slip my mind right now but i'll think of them eventually, we saw so many that they all kind of run together. I did see enough that I would like to make another trip sometime when I can spend the whole day in the area.

Next time y'all want to come up, let me know, and I'll call Pack Rat and make sure he's open. He's an old crusty broke down retired Colonel and a lot of times he just stays at home. At times, it you really need something, you can call him and he'll come open up for you. I don't remember what his regular hours are anymore.

Dave

Next time y'all want to come up, let me know, and I'll call Pack Rat and make sure he's open. He's an old crusty broke down retired Colonel and a lot of times he just stays at home. At times, it you really need something, you can call him and he'll come open up for you. I don't remember what his regular hours are anymore.

Dave

His shop kind of seemed like one with old and/or used surplus which is what i like best. We went into one shop being run by two Asian women (I assume mother and daughter) and I got to noticing that nothing had prices so I made my way to the back and asked the bil if he was seeing any prices and he replied nope. About this time one of the women showed up and I asked her if I had to ask her every time I wanted to know the price of something and she responded yes, in not so few words. Pretty sure she just makes them up as she goes according to what day it is.

• Like 1

His shop kind of seemed like one with old and/or used surplus which is what i like best. We went into one shop being run by two Asian women (I assume mother and daughter) and I got to noticing that nothing had prices so I made my way to the back and asked the bil if he was seeing any prices and he replied nope. About this time one of the women showed up and I asked her if I had to ask her every time I wanted to know the price of something and she responded yes, in not so few words. Pretty sure she just makes them up as she goes according to what day it is.

Yup. I know the shop you're talking about-- and the pricing scheme is just as you stated. Not necessarily bad, though-- it gives you haggle room!

• Like 1

He does have a lot of old stuff. He has a couple parachutes (Vietnam cargo chutes) I want to go back and get some day. You have to dig around some, but he has stuff from way back.

Dave