Outpost has .22 now.

UPS sets the ORD price dude. Ordinance. Special hazard shipping. Outpost, midway, none of them can control ups shipping. I choose not to do business with them, but others might. I am just passing along the word for those who may want some .22. ORD is the special restriction that ups adds to the shipping to make it higher than a normal package.

Thought that's what you meant. The rate is not higher for "ORM-D Cartridges, Small Arms" shipped Ground from UPS, just charged by weight like any other shipment. Minus any discount by volume contract.

Even limited quantities of lots of fully regulated Hazmat stuff isn't a higher rate if shipped Ground. They both just require the proper labeling.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

UPS sets the ORD price dude. Ordinance. Special hazard shipping. Outpost, midway, none of them can control ups shipping. I choose not to do business with them, but others might. I am just passing along the word for those who may want some .22. ORD is the special restriction that ups adds to the shipping to make it higher than a normal package.

ORM-D doest not cost any more to ship than anything else except weight is a factor in the final shipping cost.  Loaded ammo is ORM-D but not hazardous which does entail an additional fee.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

And what OS just said at the same time.. 

Edited by Garufa

You guys need to stop attacking me for posting local availability of ammo. Bunch of unappreciative people. That's the last time I post any more anmo availability. Count on that.

FWIW, I haven't seen anyone attack you, some have disagreed, some have set you straight on a matter, but no attacks. Some of the older guys here don't exactly mince words and it can come off as abrasive if you look at it as such. I just figure with limited time left on the world they can't afford to spend it hemming and hawing. ;) pretty smart when you think about it, who knows how much time any of us has got left... Maybe we should all start getting right to the point. I always figure (especially with them being right more often than not) to take it as their character and just appreciate knowing more after the conversation than you did before.

Of course, you might be an old guy too in which case disregard the above.

Anyway, more to the point, some people appreciate the heads up on the ammo. :)
  • Like 2

Was just passing the word.

Roger that.  Was giving specifics as to why the price was a little higher than the ordinary back yard shooting gallery stuff, not attacking.  I appreciate the word being put out. I went and got some of the 2.99/50 rd boxes they had last week because of the post on here.  Hadn't been to the Outpost in a good while before that.

Has anyone been back to the outpost in a day or two? Neighbor is wanting some plinking .22 and I'm trying to find some pistol powder. Hour and 45 minute drive for me, and my success rate on getting someone helpful on the phone up there is pretty low. Thanks!

I was there a few hours ago so before you tear out headed that way be warned that the .22 you are looking for is not there. The .22 Chris mentioned is all high end match variety stuff with a price tag ranging from $11.95 to around $14 so if plinking ammo is what you're after don't burn your fuel. As far as pistol powder goes, let me know what you are looking for and i'll check on the way home this afternoon for you.

I just got back from picking up some brass out there. Plenty of .22 on the shelves.

3:15pm 2/6/14

What are you looking for? I can run by there on way to work if need to.

Plinking .22 ammo for the neighbor, and for me, some (what used to be) common pistol powder for .45 Auto. W231/HP-38, Bullseye, Accurate #5, Titegroup, would even try some Titewad or Clays if I could find it. Really appreciate the offer to check, but don't make a trip just on my account! Buy something for yourself while you're in there...haha!

I was there a few hours ago so before you tear out headed that way be warned that the .22 you are looking for is not there. The .22 Chris mentioned is all high end match variety stuff with a price tag ranging from $11.95 to around $14 so if plinking ammo is what you're after don't burn your fuel. As far as pistol powder goes, let me know what you are looking for and i'll check on the way home this afternoon for you.

Ok thanks for the heads up! I'm looking for any common powder for .45 Auto. W231/HP-38, bullseye, Titegroup, Accurate #5, even Titewad or clays. Anything good for some lightweight target loads.

Ok thanks for the heads up! I'm looking for any common powder for .45 Auto. W231/HP-38, bullseye, Titegroup, Accurate #5, even Titewad or clays. Anything good for some lightweight target loads.

Okay, the only thing you had listed that they have in stock is Titewad. Another that I really really like for .45 is Red Dot and they have that in stock as well. Another member and I split and 8# jug of Red Dot last year and I liked it better than Titegroup in my .45. The only reason I'm not still running it is because I had A LOT of Titegroup.
If you are just set against using Red Dot I would swap you some Titegroup for some Red Dot pound for pound. I'd be willing to swap you as much as 4-5 pounds if you needed that much.

Okay, the only thing you had listed that they have in stock is Titewad. Another that I really really like for .45 is Red Dot and they have that in stock as well. Another member and I split and 8# jug of Red Dot last year and I liked it better than Titegroup in my .45. The only reason I'm not still running it is because I had A LOT of Titegroup.
If you are just set against using Red Dot I would swap you some Titegroup for some Red Dot pound for pound. I'd be willing to swap you as much as 4-5 pounds if you needed that much.

Cannot thank you enough! Really nice of you to check for a new guy. I owe you my friend. I'll check out what some of the loads look like with red dot - haven't tried that one before. Does it meter well on a progressive? I'm not opposed to buying a few pounds and trading for Titegroup if you want to get rid of some. I will shoot you a PM if I get up that way in the next day or so.

Good catch. Sorry about that. I just noticed .22 on the shelf. Had plenty at home so I didn't investigate further than that.

Good catch. Sorry about that. I just noticed .22 on the shelf. Had plenty at home so I didn't investigate further than that.

I figured you hadn't noticed or you would have mentioned it. They have kept some of the high end .22 in stock for the most part since 3 months after Sandy Hook and for the last several months I've not been in there when they had none. In a twisted way I think it's humorous to watch folks round the corner and see .22 on the shelf and they start grabbing and then realize that it's match grade stuff with a match grade price tag and just start putting it back. I saw one guy start to get his greed on and must have had 10 boxes or more scooped up before he noticed the price.

Cannot thank you enough! Really nice of you to check for a new guy. I owe you my friend. I'll check out what some of the loads look like with red dot - haven't tried that one before. Does it meter well on a progressive? I'm not opposed to buying a few pounds and trading for Titegroup if you want to get rid of some. I will shoot you a PM if I get up that way in the next day or so.

No problem man. I never had any issue with it through a Dillon powder measure and seemed to keep within the same tolerances as Titegroup or any other ball powder. I don't care one way or the other as far as getting rid of any Titegroup, just offering to swap if you would rather have Titegroup  than Red Dot since I like them both just fine. Folks around here will take pretty good care of each other so long as the person will help someone else out when they get the chance.

I forgot to mention but Outpost seem to be doing pretty good on primers if you are in need of those as well. I don't know what kind of volume you shoot but if you shoot a decent amount or like to buy in bulk then it may be worth your time to get hooked up with David (dlm37015 is his user name here) and get yourself a heck of a deal. I'm not saying that you don't get a good deal buying smaller lots of stuff from him but I'm just thinking about the drive time you'd have to factor in but he's a great guy to deal with.

Edited by Luke E.
Didnt want to start a new thread, but by human nature i have to gripe. Me and my brother passed through there this morning and decided to stop by Outpost and poke around. I WAS going to buy some xm193 5.56 if they had any at a reasonable price. Got in there and looked and they had xm193, but it was $18 for a box of 20!!! After taxes that would be pretty much a buck a round!!! Thats crazy! I actually stared at the price tag for a few seconds to make sure i was reading it right. I was... I remember why i quit going in there now. Seeing as PSA has xm193 steadily available for $8 a box, ill take my business there. Holy cow. Rant over

I figured you hadn't noticed or you would have mentioned it. They have kept some of the high end .22 in stock for the most part since 3 months after Sandy Hook and for the last several months I've not been in there when they had none. In a twisted way I think it's humorous to watch folks round the corner and see .22 on the shelf and they start grabbing and then realize that it's match grade stuff with a match grade price tag and just start putting it back. I saw one guy start to get his greed on and must have had 10 boxes or more scooped up before he noticed the price.

What cracks me up is when guys won't spend a few dollars more for the match ammo, but they'll spend damn near as much on an overpriced bulk pack. I think some see the words "value pack" and just assume it is, regardless of price.

What cracks me up is when guys won't spend a few dollars more for the match ammo, but they'll spend damn near as much on an overpriced bulk pack. I think some see the words "value pack" and just assume it is, regardless of price.

O definitely so! I'd much rather have the match ammo if it was close in price but what i'm willing to pay for .22 ammo is never even close to Match prices. At the Walmart's here in Murfreesboro they have the Federal and Winchester "value packs" of 12 and 20ga shot shells and for me to goof off shooting clays with a pump they work just fine. A while back I had run out of old shot shell stock so I headed to Walmart and noticed how high those so called "value packs" had gotten but hey, I needed shells so I grabbed them. I happen to look down and notice that I could by their higher quality shells by the box cheaper than I could by the value pack so back on the shelf they went. Just goes to show that it's always worth taking a look to make sure that there is truly value in the "value packs".