Daughter cracked me up this evening

rugerla1

Before I get to that, she was in my office/man room helping me empty boxes of ammo into ammo cans. She picked one up and said something about a bullet. So I taught her cartridge, case, and bullet. 3 hours later the in-laws stopped by and her grandpa is a big gun guy too. I said "Sugar tell grandpa what those 3 parts are you learned today." She told him and he grinned from ear to ear. I was so proud that she remembered, but then again, they are sponges. That's why I have been teaching her for years and will continue to do so.

So back to the funny: We are in the office and she finds an old disposable camera of mine that I'd sat in the closet. She read the back of it, figured out what to do with it and started snapping away. She keeps telling me to smile, so I did. After about 3 minutes of this, she says "Dad! Where the heck to you preview the pictures?!" I died laughing and thought "Damn technology and old age!" and told her that you have to take them to the store and get them developed to see what the pictures look like....She said "Well that's ridiculous!" HA HA Gotta love'm. How in the world did we ever get by??? :rofl:

• Like 6

Great story.

A couple of years back, we were about to go camping. My wife and I picked up some of those Jiffy Pop popcorn pans. We pulled them out one night at the campgrounds and the kids were every bit as amazed as I was the first time I saw a bag of microwave popcorn pop.

You could really freak her out if you still have a record player somewhere. :rofl:

Great story.

A couple of years back, we were about to go camping. My wife and I picked up some of those Jiffy Pop popcorn pans. We pulled them out one night at the campgrounds and the kids were every bit as amazed as I was the first time I saw a bag of microwave popcorn pop.

You could really freak her out if you still have a record player somewhere. :rofl:

LOL That's funny! I remember the first time I saw microwave popcorn too. I thought it was something from the future! 

heck I'm gonna do better than that, her first vehicle will have an 8 track player LMAO!

[quote name="gregintenn" post="1101707" timestamp="1390789205"]Great story. A couple of years back, we were about to go camping. My wife and I picked up some of those Jiffy Pop popcorn pans. We pulled them out one night at the campgrounds and the kids were every bit as amazed as I was the first time I saw a bag of microwave popcorn pop. You could really freak her out if you still have a record player somewhere. :rofl:[/quote] You mean my smoke alarms? umuse2av.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1
[quote name="rugerla1" post="1101709" timestamp="1390789320"]LOL That's funny! I remember the first time I saw microwave popcorn too. I thought it was something from the future! heck I'm gonna do better than that, her first vehicle will have an 8 track player LMAO![/quote] Hey my first vehicle had an Am/fm/8-track/CB JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......
  • Like 1
[quote name="rugerla1" post="1101815" timestamp="1390797909"]Mine was a 1972 Ford pickup in 1988[/quote] At least it had an engine not a rubber band. Didn't get tickets til I bought my own car that wold go over 60. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......