Free remote desktop software?

DaveTN

I have been using the free version of LogMeIn for several years to help some friends and family members when they have computer problems. They have done away with the free version and I don’t use it enough to justify the cost of a yearly subscription.

What else is out there?

I use Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connect and Apple's Screen Sharing for computer to computer connections. From my iPhone or tablets I use Jump(not free) because it's the best mobile RDC I've found for handling multiple monitor setups from a small screen.

At work we use Real VNC (also not free)

Edited by 2.ooohhh

My wife uses her 2008 Honda Odyssey.  She simple gets in it and drives to the family member's house, and then shows them how to fix their problem.  I usually foot the fuel bill though!

I know, I couldn't help myself!  :rofl:

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

I also use MS Remote Desktop. When I was in the Broadband and Networking business we used a program called Tight VNC. I dont know if it is still out there but it was free at the time and was the best easiest to use remote desktop software I have used. 

join.me

I use this sometimes, but it is a very crappy remote software compared to some others out there (very laggy). Also, Join.Me is only free for a few (think it is 3) times and then you have to sign-up for a 30 day trial and then buy a license. I have LogMeIn through work so not a big deal for me now, but I used to just create a new free email address each month and register for a new trial...

[quote name="TripleDigitRide" post="1107986" timestamp="1391883737"]I use [url="http://www.teamviewer.com/"]http://www.teamviewer.com/[/url][/quote] +1 to this. I've used Teamviewer many times without any problem. A local tech company also uses it for all of their remote support. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk