Road Rage West Nash...

Peace

Who was driving up on the sidewalk to pass ? I don't agree with shooting someone but damn , passing a car on a sidewalk is stupid period. If you're in that much of a hurry then maybe you may need an ambulance. 

Maybe I'm misreading the story (or maybe the story is wrong), but it sounds like the kid tried to pass on the sidewalk because the other driver tried to block him in.  Sounded like the problem had already started, other driver tried to block kid in, and the kid tried to get out of there by passing on the sidewalk. 

Maybe I'm misreading the story (or maybe the story is wrong), but it sounds like the kid tried to pass on the sidewalk because the other driver tried to block him in.  Sounded like the problem had already started, other driver tried to block kid in, and the kid tried to get out of there by passing on the sidewalk. 

Ok , I thought the problem started with the sidewalk passing

Regardless of how or where it started road rage is never a reason to shoot at another person unless that person is trying to run you over while outside your vehicle and your life is in danger. I always do my best to stay out of every ones way when driving so I don't get caught up in a road rage situation. i also am never in any kind of hurry to get anywhere that may cause a situation. I do think the young man was wrong for putting him car up on the side walk but not wrong enough to get shot at.............jmho

"Metro police said the suspect, a black male dressed in all black, was driving a black Nissan Altima with black rims."

Yeah, normally I'm the last one to throw up the stereotype flag but that TOTALLY doesn't sound like a gangbanger at all... Hope the young man makes a full recovery.

Edited by whitewolf001

Bottom line is this : If you are having problems with a driver , swallow your pride and pull over to the side of the road and let the "HARM" go away and never go in "HARM's" way . 

What do you do when he pulls over too? I'm going to keep driving and call 911 if I'm being threatened by some idiot who can't control his emotions.

• Like 2
Guest TankerHC

What do you do when he pulls over too? I'm going to keep driving and call 911 if I'm being threatened by some idiot who can't control his emotions.

This happened 3 miles from my cousins house in Pa. near the Maryland State line back in January. Killed a 20something guy. There was another shooting nearby that was similar 7 hours earlier. The family believed it was the same guy, cops said they were unrelated. Until this guy took a shot at a woman. The 29 year old called 911 to let them know some guy was chasing him. While he was on the phone the killer pushed him off the road and shot and killed him.

Now the Police are sure its the same guy in all 3 incidents and warning Pennsylvania and Maryland motorists to keep an eye out because "The Penssylvania Road Rage killer" could kill again.

BTW, for anyone heading that way, its I-81 like your going to Gettysburg and York. Black Ford Ranger.

Edited by TankerHC

Yep.  Folks who are nuts enough to drive so aggressively tend to take pulling over as a sign that you're wanting to brawl.  Not to mention, this "pulling over" solution that everyone throws out doesn't work on many roads out there where there is no shoulder or there are sidewalks.  Near my house all the roads have no shoulders and steep drop offs into a ditch.  No place to pull over and I'm not driving 50 in a 35 just because the guy behind me is a lunatic.  The clear solution is for aggressive drivers to chill the hell out.

All I can think of is why? I have dealt with my fare share of terrible drives and forced myself to avoid many collisions, but never thought about shooting them. Wanting to get their licenses revoked definitely. Shooting, no.  

One afternoon while driving down the road with my daughter I had some fool attempt to run me off of the road. He sped up, got in front of me and pulled over, jumped out of his truck and started dancing, for lack of a better term, on the side of the road.

I kept going.

He followed me for a good ten miles, the whole time I was on the phone with LMPD giving them tag number and all other identifying factors. I told the dispatcher plain and simple, "I will be at my destination in less than five minutes, if he follows me there, I am armed, and I am in fear of mine and my daughter's life."

The police were waiting for us when we pulled in the parkinglot. For some reason he took off like a bat out of hell and didn't stop...

• Like 4

One afternoon while driving down the road with my daughter I had some fool attempt to run me off of the road. He sped up, got in front of me and pulled over, jumped out of his truck and started dancing, for lack of a better term, on the side of the road.

I kept going.

He followed me for a good ten miles, the whole time I was on the phone with LMPD giving them tag number and all other identifying factors. I told the dispatcher plain and simple, "I will be at my destination in less than five minutes, if he follows me there, I am armed, and I am in fear of mine and my daughter's life."

The police were waiting for us when we pulled in the parkinglot. For some reason he took off like a bat out of hell and didn't stop...

It is amazing how fast the police can get on a scene wen some one with HCP calls and says if this guy follows me to my destination I will be in fear of my life and will shoot the guy because i am armed. Yet in most cases when you need one you can't find one right then. I have seen times I can drive all over Gallatin and never see a squad car. Other times you drive around and you will see City and County squad cars everywhere........... :squint:

It is amazing how fast the police can get on a scene wen some one with HCP calls and says if this guy follows me to my destination I will be in fear of my life and will shoot the guy because i am armed. Yet in most cases when you need one you can't find one right then. I have seen times I can drive all over Gallatin and never see a squad car. Other times you drive around and you will see City and County squad cars everywhere........... :squint:

Reminds me of when I had to call the police on an idiot neighbor who threatened my wife. I explained to the dispatcher that the cops better get to my house before I do. They were there in less than 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk