Please, don't pass gas on the nice officer

Guest GUTTERbOY

Guest GUTTERbOY

http://www.dailymail.com/policebrfs/200809240435

Man charged with passing gas, then fanning it toward South Charleston patrolman

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - South Charleston police have charged a man with battery after they say he intentionally passed gas on an officer while under arrest for suspicion of drunken driving.

Police say they were fingerprinting Jose Antonio Cruz, 34, of Clarksburg, at police headquarters Tuesday when Cruz moved near Patrolman T.E. Parsons, lifted his leg and passed gas "loudly" on the officer, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha Magistrate Court.

Cruz then waved the air in the direction of Parsons, who was preparing a breath test machine nearby.

"The gas was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Patrolman Parsons," the complaint says.

Cruz allegedly failed to give an adequate breath sample because he has asthma, the complaint says. Cruz asked to be taken to a hospital, but allegedly resisted when emergency medical technicians showed up. Police say they struggled to get Cruz handcuffed while he was on a cot.

The defendant was initially arrested after police observed him driving his Mazda 626 east on U.S. 60 without headlights, the complaint says. Police say Cruz was unsteady on his feet and smelled of alcohol when they pulled him over at the intersection of Park Avenue and U.S. 60.

Cruz was charged with DUI, battery on a police officer and obstructing. He was jailed on $5,000 bond.

:)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

+1 on the stupid charge.

Now... if he had missed the open doorway, on the way to his holding cell, and accidently ran face-first into the door jam... just saying... :)

Guest GUTTERbOY
Chances are the rest of his brothern are patting him on the back like he's a hero for it.:screwy:

Surely you agree that farting is a public health hazard!

:P

i know some of mine are

I'm sure any LEO is totally shocked to be called a pig. I mean I find that comment in distaste, but say what you want because if someone is holding you hostage I bet you would want them saving your butt. I respect LEOs because they aren't making big bucks and the majority of them are good normal people. Just my opinion. As for the story it was very funny.

Edited by Almond27
Guest canynracer
Cops are nothing more than uniformed tax collectors

Geez dude, give it a rest. :) No need to start a cop bashing thread.

Back to the OP, I heard this on the radio this morning...I thought it was funny....dumb charge, but funny none-the-less...:D

• Administrator
Cops are nothing more than uniformed tax collectors

Oh, well then. In that case I have some useful contact information for you should you ever find yourself the victim of a crime:

Telephone Assistance for Individuals:

Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time

That's the number for the IRS. Perhaps the tax collectors will be of assistance, but please note that they are open only between the hours of 7am and 10pm. If something bad happens to you during the night, you'll just need to leave a voicemail and perhaps someone will get back to you.

:shrug:

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

I'm no fan of the government or its agents. If, however, this guy moved toward the officer, significantly moved his posterior in an "aiming" fashion, cut the cheese, and then used his hand to help waft the fart toward him.............well, I know how I'd feel about it. I'd be willing to bet that this guy hung himself with is mouth, too. Sounds like a good charge.

Now, I'll bet battery on an officer in this case is a felony. That is ridiculous.

Ok, Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...farting is not a crime, or better not be because I would be screwed..for life.

As for officers being called cops or pigs...well **** on me. I know a few that don't mind the word cop, as it refers to the original copper badges..ie: coppers...abv: cop.

But calling a LEO a pig...damn dude....I smell a most heinous beatdown comming your way on your next DUI stop....lmao...oops...he slipped

Dissrespectful douchebag

This statement probably won't get a whole lot of traction here.

My wheels are pretty much spinning.

I know some LEO's that are Pigs..but that's a statement about their personality. I don't speak with them very much...but the majority of police officers that I know are very nice and will go out of their way to help someone. they do this on a paycheck that, if offered to me would make me laugh and hang up on the one making the offer.

I wouldn't belittle them for the world..as a matter of fact, I take every opportunity to help them out if they need or ask for it.

:stick:

That is the most stupid charge I have ever heard of. I hope the officer that charged him with this gets laughed out of court. Farting that is not the DUI.

Stupid charges like this should have the officers involved punished. Had the guy just farted they would have still smelled it and there would have been no charges filed. Had the guy spit on them then that is different with aids being a possibility. These charges should be dropped but we will never hear that they have been.:stick:

Stupid charges like this should have the officers involved punished. Had the guy just farted they would have still smelled it and there would have been no charges filed. Had the guy spit on them then that is different with aids being a possibility. These charges should be dropped but we will never hear that they have been.:stick:

+5!!!

the charge was retarded.

• Administrator

On a side note... I've been eating a lot of EAS protein bars and drinking EAS shakes instead of eating heavier meals. Dinner is my one "real" meal each day as it's the time that my wife and I get to spend together. I realize that the better solution to shed pounds would be to eat a real meal at breakfast and then have shakes and such the other two, but I digress.

A rather unpleasant biproduct of eating the protein bars and shakes is "two week old eggs" flatulence. The only way you're going to catch me farting on a cop is if I get to take another CIS training class soon and crop-dust one of them on my way to the firing line. And I expect to get taserd for it. :stick: