Had a Little Extra Cash and a Little Time, So I Got a Little Knife...

Drove over to SMKW this morning and bought an Esee Izula. I've been wanting one for several years and I got a gift card from work and decided to pull the trigger! Got the Olive Izula with the "survival" kit (comes with a magnesium fire starter, couple of different size key rings, a secure hook, some paracord, a belt clip, a whistle, cord lock and a Esee Survival Tips Card). I also picked up a set of gray canvas mircarta scales. This is a nice robust little knife in 1095!!!

umava4ed.jpg

Edited by Moped

I got it for everyday carry.  I also looded at a couple of others, like the Becker Necker, CRKT Minimalist and SPEW and the Broker+ Rambler, but I've always wanted a Izula, so I went with that.  The Necker would have been my second choice.  I also like the looks and feel of the SPEW.  That would make a dandy little defensive blade.  You'd have no problem at all sticking into an attacker.  That is one sharp point.  But I wasn't that impressed with the steel 5CR15MoV.  But it's a wicked looking blade!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice knife, Esee has impressed me with their products. I've got one of these also but without all the bells and whistles, came with the sheath and I wrapped the handle with paracord. I've had an Esee-4 for years and it is sweet! 

• Like 1

Great little knife from a great company....I like 'em too...  You will enjoy havin and usin that little knife... I carry mine in a pocket sheath from these guys:

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/sheaths/

These little knives are great users and a little bit of stropping will make them razor sharp... They are just as handy as a folding pocket knife and a lot more sturdy...

Enjoy...

leroy

• Like 1

I pocket carry it, with the original sheath. It fits just fine in the right front pocket of my khakis or switchbacks! It's lighter than my RAT1 folder, which I gave to my daughter's fiance.  Played with it enough that I can pull it out of the sheath while it's still in my pocket.  Of course, it takes me two hands to re-sheath it. :) 

I pocket carry it, with the original sheath. It fits just fine in the right front pocket of my khakis or switchbacks! It's lighter than my RAT1 folder, which I gave to my daughter's fiance.  Played with it enough that I can pull it out of the sheath while it's still in my pocket.  Of course, it takes me two hands to re-sheath it. :)