Ya know, I got nothing against Yankees that move to the South. As long as they assimilate into the society.

What I hate is the first thing out of their mouths is "We didn't do it like that back in (pick a state)".

They just need to learn what sweet tea is and you use a hose pipe to water your garden.

[quote name="Westwindmike" post="1128876" timestamp="1395605345"]Ya know, I got nothing against Yankees that move to the South. As long as they assimilate into the society. What I hate is the first thing out of their mouths is "We didn't do it like that back in (pick a state)". They just need to learn what sweet tea is and you use a hose pipe to water your garden.[/quote] Yeah, that's true about anywhere you go. It's like nails on a chalkboard. I'd imagine it would be just as annoying for a Yankee have a southerner move in next door, then complain how much their state sucks. Thing is, we just see it from folks that move in near us. My northerner in laws are moving to my native state and complain non stop about how everyone is so backwards there; makes me want to break the peace. I got a neighbor who moved in years back and did the same thing. We ain't friendly towards each other. People like that just need to go back to the Utopias they came from or shut their effing mouths. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Guest Lowbuster

You know shtf a crop of Yankees isn't such a bad idea.Alternative food source.

Not a good idea. After building in NJ, Philadelphia, and a few other northern areas I came to realize they are malnourished. I tried to order biscuits and gravy, green tomatoes, even fried taters seemed to make them look like a deer in headlights. But ask them for scrapple loaf ( not sure of what it is but it looks nasty) and they line up.
I like my beef cornfed, not fed a bunch of crap, it taints the meat.

Bu bu but, if the situation in Russia is Obama's fault and The Yankees voted for Obama, then conventional Boolean conditional logic would conclude: What's going on in Russia is The Yankees fault!

:)

It goes back to our electoral system, and i'll use the example of New York.   Close to half of New York State's population lives OUTSIDE of New York City.   But of course every year ALL of those primary election votes go to the democratic candidate.   In a fair system, the popular vote would be used to determine the percentage of primary votes won - and you would see that New York isn't as much of a blue state as you all think.

Hence folks- one of the major reasons I moved to Tennessee.   Many of us conservative Northerners want to see the red states stay red states.    The most important thing we can do to keep another Obama from taking office anytime soon is to solidify the Red states.  New York holds 29 Electoral votes, and California 55.  Those are huge chunks of the 270 needed for election.  If we lose any more red states to blue states, we're in real danger folks.   The best thing you guys can do is to welcome more conservative Northerners to red states such as Tennessee. So with the whole Yankees coming down and "trying to change us"....  

You want change... you're gettin a good taste of it with Obama and it will just keep going the way its going if we don't band together. 

Edited by TNoutdoors
Guest sigequinox

It goes back to our electoral system, and i'll use the example of New York.   Close to half of New York State's population lives OUTSIDE of New York City.   But of course every year ALL of those primary election votes go to the democratic candidate.   In a fair system, the popular vote would be used to determine the percentage of primary votes won - and you would see that New York isn't as much of a blue state as you all think.

I am [almost] a Yankee--depending on which definition you use--I was just being the proverbial fat guy who makes fun of himself, you know, to lighten the mood for others to do so.

it looks nasty

It is.

I try to avoid doing that kind of thing coming from a completely different continent but there are a couple of things that just plain are better. At least you guys are starting to get the beer right now.

(Not my map)

purple-map.jpg Edited by tnguy
Guest sigequinox

Dude, I have to drive north to get to you, you're a Yankee.

Some don't consider you a "yankee" until you officially transplant...

Don't bash the north for their tea. They did come up with the Long Island iced tea. And TNoutdoors, I believe you have it backwards. We need to be invading blue states and turning them red. Instead we are congregating in already red states making those that are borderline turn blue. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD