How often do you carry?

How often do you carry a gun?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following best describes your gun carry habits?

• I carry at all times, no matter what.
    • I carry when I think I may need a gun.
    • I keep a gun in my vehicle, but it's not usually on m person.
    • I have a permit but a rarely actually carry my gun.

I carry quite rarely. I still have not gotten over the fear of a loaded weapon around the two under 5 yoa children. I keep a loaded weapon with me in a safe in the car, in a hotel, at home on each level, and always next to the bed. I carry when we are going in and out of places:getting gas etc while traveling, and when we are outside due to the critters creeping up on the land more and more (and said children playing). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 4 months later...
Until I get my HCP I will always have a gun in my truck, locked, loaded and ready to fire. At home, inside I have one in arms reach of anywhere I am at whether it be in the bathroom, laundry room or even getting clothes out of the closets. I have certain spots for each room. Outside I have either one of my 9mm's or .40cal's on me at all times and have a .38 in one garage and a 9mm in the other one. I have slipped up and found I had my Cobra .9mm derringer in my pocket while in a store or something a few times and didn't like the "what if LEO see's it" feeling. I am hoping to have my permit very soon and when it comes I will probably have a couple on me at all times, where it's legal mind you. I haven't decided yet whether I will carry concealed or not but am leaning toward concealed. This world isn't what it was when I was growing up. My Dad has always hunted and taught me everything I know about firearm safety, even though he made me take the hunter safety course, and took me hunting almost every sat. morning when I was growing up. Never once did he mention anything about using one for personal protection, other than from snakes or wild boars. I do remember he kept a revolver in his magazine rack next to the recliner but I don't think I ever asked him why. I just knew not to touch it and I didn't. Times have sure changed now and sometimes at Sunday dinner we talk about the "good old days". He has his HCP, has for years, but only carries if they go on trips, vacations, camping etc... but, he still has the same magazine rack next to his different recliner and instead of his revolver, which he still has, he has his .40caliber Glock in it. You know, I think he still has my first gun, a single shot 20ga. If I can think of it Sunday I will ask him, I would love to see it again.
  • 1 month later...

There was a home invasion today in Sumner County but they did not tall where exactly. I don't go to my mail box out by the road without a gun. I have heard of people being robbed while out cutting their grass or walking the dog or just relaxing in lawn chairs in what you would think is the safety of your own patio so now when I wake up , put my clothes on part of my clothing has become one of my hand guns. You are not even safe in your own home. That invasion today the news said the people where home and hid till the bad guys left.

Evidently the house was a gun free zone. I wonder how much longer it will remain one if in fact there was not any in the house today. Two guys and a woman were involved in the invasion and are on the run...............jmho

There was a home invasion today in Sumner County but they did not tall where exactly. I don't go to my mail box out by the road without a gun. I have heard of people being robbed while out cutting their grass or walking the dog or just relaxing in lawn chairs in what you would think is the safety of your own patio so now when I wake up , put my clothes on part of my clothing has become one of my hand guns. You are not even safe in your own home. That invasion today the news said the people where home and hid till the bad guys left.

Evidently the house was a gun free zone. I wonder how much longer it will remain one if in fact there was not any in the house today. Two guys and a woman were involved in the invasion and are on the run...............jmho

This just goes to show you this world has gone to the pots! I had to change my vote, I now carry all the time and have every since my HCP came in the mail a week or so ago. I have my 7.62 Yugo under my pillow and my HI-Point .40cal. in the night stand along with my everyday carry gun, Taurus .380, on the night stand. My buddy's wives say I am paranoid but I say I am very cautious.

I work at Ft Campbell so I dont carry there obviously, but do carry whenever I can. Even when I am hunting I carry since I can defend myself easier with my HG, than with my bolt action. I think the option of "when I can" would suit me better.