Found where the .22 ammo is going

vontar

That was probably one of the two or three shipments they see a year.

What makes you say that?

Seems it is going North.

I get the feeling the storage is it being exported.

I was in the OR Walmart Saturday the 19th and they had 3 cases of Federal 550.

Wish I would have known.  I bet if I go in Monday and ask when the last time they had any, they would say months.

Do that, I'd like to know the answer. They always tell me they never get any. There was another guy there that morning and I got the feeling he was a reseller, he seemed very familiar with the lady behind the counter (older heavy set dark hair) and knew .22 was going to be there before she even brought it out. I was there getting oil for my truck and overheard him questioning another employee about ammo and where the sporting goods dept. worker was. While he was waiting for her to break it out of the case he looked at me and said "This stuff is like gold."
  • Like 1

Well, here is my report.

No .22 ammo there

I ask when they last got any in, and he said this morning.

He then told me they are getting it more often and might get 2 more shipments this week since this is only Monday, but couldn't tell me when.

He then told me it seems like some people know before they do when it is coming as they always seem to show up just in time.

There is a thing I saw on youtube to get the walmart.com to show status of times it initally shows no information.  

I found this on youtube yesterday how to change a setting in your browser to get it to show stock status of items that initially show no store information available.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw8dmMG-kmo

edit, corrected video. 

Edited by vontar

OK, try this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRjbXKSLKI

I just did it and I was able to find .22 ammo listed in a couple stores as available.  I went from no information available to what was in stock..

None was close enough to me to make me drive to them though.

Isn't this the point at which someone complains about how unfair this "hack" is and complains to the webmaster?

This is what the resellers have been doing.  One of the ways they just happen to get to the right store at the right time.

Notice, I shared this as I hope it takes a bite out of the resellers. 

note, by reseller I mean people that buy at walmart and mark up 3,4,and 5 times.  Not legit people that are in the business like some we have on this board.

• Like 1

OK, try this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRjbXKSLKI

I just did it and I was able to find .22 ammo listed in a couple stores as available.  I went from no information available to what was in stock..

None was close enough to me to make me drive to them though.

That's an awesome post! When I did this on my computer, it also revealed a link that says "Find in another store." When I click that, it brings up a window with all the other WM's in the area and has the stock status for each.

• Like 1

One thing to note, the inventory isn't real time, in the ones I looked at, was updated at midnight the night before so it was probably put out the next morning.  Yesterday it say OR had CCI 100 round boxes (updated a 12:00 a.m.) that day, but still showing as of 7pm or so.  I went over but it was gone.  So if you don't have luck, it could be a timing thing.

Take with a grain of salt and shot of whiskey, but my wife went to a walmart that was listed as having .22 in stock, not listed as limited.

Well she got there and they told her Knox County brought all the .22 they had for training.  Truthfully she didn't not hear if it was county or City, but she was told it was for training new recruits.