Article: Top Concealed Carry Handguns... your thoughts

All... We gotta remember that we're all gun junkies here... Todays "darling" is tomorrow's "put in the safe" or trading fodder... Evidently everyone aint like us...

Hello, im leroy, and im an addict...

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in the biz, I once sold one of these.  I think this is the coolest and best concealed gun ever.  No longer made, but I do see some pop up every now and then on GB for $600-$800.  I sold one new in 1995 at $179.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7H9fq7kxAs

Edited by Runco
  • Like 1

I think a lot of things.

I think that the majority of modern firearms function near 100% and can reach 100% with either break-in and occasionally some TLC. 

I think that there is nothing wrong with most of the listed guns (I have not heard a lot of good about sccy offerings..)  but there are a few thousand alternates that are just as good.

I think that I really dislike the nano that I bought.

I think my sig 938 is better than anything on that list, which is why I carry it. 

I think there are too many 380s on a list of "top" choices.

I think more than half of his list are too big to carry.  That is subjective of course, but you asked what *I* think.

I think it is like trying to list the 10 coolest cars of all time or 10 best video games ever or anything of that nature.  The number of items on the list is too small a % of the total pool of contenders,  which means that too many things are left off the list and the result is sort of a random selection of things the author likes.

Why isn't that an AOW? Is it because it kind of looks like a gun when it's ready to fire?

Pretty much.  It can't fire in pen mode at all.  There are ATF letters floating around somewhere that clarifies that the stinger is a handgun.  I believe when new they came with a copy of the ATF letter.

Pretty much.  It can't fire in pen mode at all.  There are ATF letters floating around somewhere that clarifies that the stinger is a handgun.  I believe when new they came with a copy of the ATF letter.

The one I remember did not come with a letter, but said something similar in the owners manual.

Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.

• 1 month later...

There are a lot of uninformed or poor folks that carry Taurus and Hipoints. I would postulate that the cheaper guns are probably used in more crimes than any others.

What happened to carry what suits you best? The cost, brand, caliber etc... is worthless, in my opinion, if you can't place that shot where you feel it needs to be. I myself carry a Taurus .380 by choice, not because I don't know there are different brand/calibers out there or that I can't afford anything else. I carry my Taurus because I like the way it fits my hand,  I feel comfortable with it and IMO am pretty dang accurate with it. My Dad carries a Glock .40cal and that is his choice. He swears by a Glock even though I feel they're a little bulky for me. This is gonna sound funny but if I had my HCP or should say when I get my HCP I will more than likely carry my Hi-Point .40 cal even though it is huge and ugly and cheap. I love the way it shoots and to this day have had zero problems with it. Now this is JMO.

...Unfortunately, lots of small pocket .380s here on the list.   These are NOT very good choices for carry.   I use these only when I have to pocket carry which is infrequent.

If I need to conceal, I carry the biggest gun that will work with the clothes I wearing.  

Edited by RAJBCPA
  • Like 1