Blade Show roll call

I looked in the events and gatherings forum and this one and didnt see this yet. If there is a thread on this somewhere already let me know and I'll delete this one.

So who all's goin this year? I cant wait! I'm going with another forum member on here who took me for the first time last year and loved it! Only a couple more weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Blade. Had a great time just like last year. My only gripe is not enough money! Soooooo many wants. The highlight of my trip was that I got to meet and shake Jeff Axelson's hand. The brother of Matthew Axelson. I shook his hand and paid a little respect to his brother, so that was cool! He was there with Busse Knives. I picked up a cheap beater knife (ontario joe pardue utilitacII) and a Microtech.

Edited by reed1285
[quote name="reed1285" post="1156443" timestamp="1402174159"]Just got back from Blade. Had a great time just like last year. My only gripe is not enough money! Soooooo many wants. The highlight of my trip was that I got to meet and shake Jeff Axelson's hand. The brother of Matthew Axelson. I shook his hand and paid a little respect to his brother, so that was cool! He was there with Busse Knives. I picked up a cheap beater knife (ontario joe pardue rat) and a Microtech.[/quote] Well let's see some pics

That's a Utilitac II, not a Rat 2. I have one myself; it's a great $25 knife.

I stand corrected, this is my first OKC knife but it seems pretty well built for the price. BTW I gave $20 even for mine.

We just got back, fourth year in a row. Had a great time as usual. Always good to catch up with old friends.

I was pretty low key on purchases this year. I scored in the Hinderer cell phone lottery and picked up a couple of Busses. I also stopped by the Pro-Tech booth to thank Dave for what he's doing for us with the LG101 and the Godfather. I saw a tuxedo Godfather at his booth and am really looking forward to that one now.

Also got to meet Axelson's brother which was pretty cool. Busse is doing a special run of knives called the Axehammer. They were taking orders directly and offering a discount at the show. He also had his brother's dogtags and a necklace with what they believe was the last bullet Axelson had on him when he was killed.

[quote name="Major Kong" post="1156676" timestamp="1402253597"]We just got back, fourth year in a row. Had a great time as usual. Always good to catch up with old friends. I was pretty low key on purchases this year. I scored in the Hinderer cell phone lottery and picked up a couple of Busses. I also stopped by the Pro-Tech booth to thank Dave for what he's doing for us with the LG101 and the Godfather. I saw a tuxedo Godfather at his booth and am really looking forward to that one now. Also got to meet Axelson's brother which was pretty cool. Busse is doing a special run of knives called the Axehammer. They were taking orders directly and offering a discount at the show. He also had his brother's dogtags and a necklace with what they believe was the last bullet Axelson had on him when he was killed.[/quote] The buddy i was with won on the Hinderer lottery as well. Nice knives!