To all the classic car lovers

RC3

I decided to move my project forward with a full engine rebuild and replace the clutch only took around two and a half hours to pull it all out and annoy the neighbors. And while I save some funds to get the body looking nice again, not restored but repaired, at least I will be able to drive her after almost two years of her being parked. Interior is gutted at the moment but I have some really nice malibu chevelle seats that will be going in. Shame that I got a brand new head and valves only for the rear main seal to crap out. Sorry to all the chevy lovers, but I am going to repaint the engine a royal purple.

9DDbuiN.jpg

aY3C2vq.jpg

Are you color blind or Polish?

Purple is for MoPar only. lol

Neither. I am not a big fan of the chevy orange nor the ford blue. I know mopar is purple, but painting it white will be a waste and I think black will look too tacky. A deep purple would look really nice against all the white in the car. Its only a 250, so I cant even paint it red since it doesnt have all that much power. And it being a three on the tree doesnt help.

Edited by RC3

Since it’s already out; I would just stick a 350 with a 671 Blower in there.

But that's just me.
leaving.gif

I found plenty of 350's and 454's. But I am keeping it all original when it comes to the engine and drive train. Otherwise I will just say screw it and shove a 6.2 in there and have a damn good sleeper. 

Was there a prequel thread to this to explain somethings?

Nope. Wanted so share my last night exploits. Since the show and tell is for firearms and firearms related items. I hope I am not the only one with a pre 70 car on here.

You aren't the only one with an old car.

If you like the six, keep the six.

I would drop a SBC in since they are a dime a dozen.

If you like purple, paint it purple, it is your car.

That is the neat thing about the car hobby, it is yours, you don't have to build it for anyone else but you.

You aren't the only one with an old car.

If you like the six, keep the six.

I would drop a SBC in since they are a dime a dozen.

If you like purple, paint it purple, it is your car.

That is the neat thing about the car hobby, it is yours, you don't have to build it for anyone else but you.

Thats what most people recommend, but I am getting the engine rebuilt professionally for dirt cheap and the little 250 isnt all that bad.

Love the classics...and real old cars too. There's a free "cruise in" at the Avenue in Murfreesboro, every Friday night, during the summer months. I love to go out there, eat a hotdog, wonder around admiring all the cars, and beautiful ladies that seem to be there when show cars are on display! Single...so I can look, can't I...at the cars, that is! Come on out, it's a cheap Friday night of entertainment.

Love the classics...and real old cars too. There's a free "cruise in" at the Avenue in Murfreesboro, every Friday night, during the summer months. I love to go out there, eat a hotdog, wonder around admiring all the cars, and beautiful ladies that seem to be there when show cars are on display! Single...so I can look, can't I...at the cars, that is! Come on out, it's a cheap Friday night of entertainment.

Yeah, the bel air isnt in a presentable shape right now. And I would hate to make my way to the boro just on flintstone power. 

Really jealous of all that extra space in the engine bay after spending most of the weekend pulling and reinstalling a friend's 996tt motor. uga3ebu8.jpg "Extra" space wise there's about a 1"-2" gap around the entire engine trans combo to allow for removal. There's just something you have to love about a classic American car's engine bay.

Edited by 2.ooohhh