Trade Offer Advice

• Moderators

I recently had an individual via ArmsList offer me the following for my Gen 3 Glock 17 with 10, 17, and 33 round magazines w/ extended magazine release and Heinie Sights:

photo1.jpg

New in box unfired Sig Sauer 1911 22lr with 1000 rounds ammo.

What would you all do assuming you didn't need the Glock 17 and didn't care for the Sig 19911 .22lr? I'm only interested if it would end up being a trade that's in my favor.

Edited by CZ9MM

If it were me I'd hang on to the Glock and keep trying to sell or trade it for something you do want. I just don't see the .22lr being more valuable to someone over a Glock 17. Actual pricing / value aside.

Although the serial # mismatch on your Glock may turn some folks off too. I dunno, that's a tough one but I still lean towards the Glock.

Edited by maroonandwhite
  • Moderators

In all seriousness, MSRP on the Sig is $460. Call it $400 street new, $350 in trade value. Plus 1k of .22lr. I think they are actually reasonably equitable in value. I look at it as an even trade. 

Not to derail the subject but what is the deal with these people that think their gun is worth more in trade than in cash.  For example they will say "Glock 17 $450 cash or $550 in trade."   Could be possible that I'm missing something here, just doesn't make sense to me.  I figure if my gun is worth $450 then I should be able to trade you even for your $450 gun, not your gun plus $100. 

• Like 4

Not to derail the subject but what is the deal with these people that think their gun is worth more in trade than in cash.  For example they will say "Glock 17 $450 cash or $550 in trade."   Could be possible that I'm missing something here, just doesn't make sense to me.  I figure if my gun is worth $450 then I should be able to trade you even for your $450 gun, not your gun plus $100. 

Always found the interesting as well. People do it to cars too. 

AS long as it's not a Mosquito, I'd be tempted to go for it.

And yes, the mismatched serial numbers does make a difference. It puts the Glock in the category of a "parts" gun rather than simply a used Glock.
  • Like 1

Not to derail the subject but what is the deal with these people that think their gun is worth more in trade than in cash. For example they will say "Glock 17 $450 cash or $550 in trade." Could be possible that I'm missing something here, just doesn't make sense to me. I figure if my gun is worth $450 then I should be able to trade you even for your $450 gun, not your gun plus $100.

I think the main reason for this is that they really don't want to trade and this stops some of the stupid trade offers. Basically it says cash only unless you are willing to lose money on your end. I understand why people do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk